Charles Lechmere: Prototypical Life of a Serial Killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post

Show us Druitt' s alibi then . And were you have gotten the idea that Kosminski had an alibi for at least one of the killings is anyone's guess .

There are different grades of alibi.

It is not correct to claim, as you appear to do, that because an alibi is not cast-iron it is not an alibi.

That is not to say that Druitt's alibi was not cast-iron - only that we do not know.

According to Elamarna, Kosminski's home was under constant surveillance for more than six months.

Where is the evidence that during that time he consorted with prostitutes?

Kosminski is expected to produce an alibi after 135 years, but where is the evidence that he even once met a prostitute?

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

There are different grades of alibi.

It is not correct to claim, as you appear to do, that because an alibi is not cast-iron it is not an alibi.

That is not to say that Druitt's alibi was not cast-iron - only that we do not know.

According to Elamarna, Kosminski's home was under constant surveillance for more than six months.

Where is the evidence that during that time he consorted with prostitutes?

Kosminski is expected to produce an alibi after 135 years, but where is the evidence that he even once met a prostitute?
      Again, Alibi [ as defined by the Cambridge dictionary ] - proof that someone who is thought to have committed a crime could not have done it, especially the fact or statement that they were in another place at the time it happened:​

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewis C View Post

I believe he also played cricket later in the day that Chapman died. If Druitt were JtR, how likely is it that he'd chose days to commit his crimes in which he'd have to hurry off to play cricket some distance away?
        Perhaps we could ask the opinion of Trevor Marriott or anyone else who has read the biographical details of large numbers of serial murderers.

I have never come across the case of a serial killer who even played cricket, let alone played it on the day he committed one of a series of murders.

Comment

Again, Alibi [ as defined by the Cambridge dictionary ] - proof that someone who is thought to have committed a crime could not have done it, especially the fact or statement that they were in another place at the time it happened:​

With all due respect, your response does not address any of the points I made.

Comment

Perhaps we could ask the opinion of Trevor Marriott or anyone else who has read the biographical details of large numbers of serial murderers.

I have never come across the case of a serial killer who even played cricket, let alone played it on the day he committed one of a series of murders.
            Or played the bagpipes etc. Means nothing.

Comment

With all due respect, your response does not address any of the points I made.
              And you haven't answered what alibi's Druitt or Kosminski had

Comment

And you haven't answered what alibi's Druitt or Kosminski had
                I do not need to do so, because Druitt's alibi is known and I never claimed that Kosminski's is.

Comment

• Not much to do with Lechmere, but was it Monty or Melville playing cricket on the day in question?

Turning your attention to the discovery posted here. https://www.jtrforums.com/forum/persons-of-interest-or-actual-suspects/m-j-druitt/588052-proof-of-innocence JM
                  Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewis C View Post

I agree with what Steve Blomer said on a Youtube video: Lechmere is a suspect, but not a particularly strong one. I agree with you that Maybrick is a poor suspect (regardless of which one you meant - both Maybricks are weak suspects), but I can name quite a few that are worse than Lechmere and Druitt: Lewis Carroll, Prince Albert Victor, Thomas Cream, Michael Ostrog, Walter Sickert, Mary Pearcy, William Gull, Arthur Conan Doyle, and perhaps worst of all, William Gladstone.
                    Well your certainly entiltled to put in the suspect sin bin whom ever you like ,however id go as far to say Sickert and Gull as stand alone suspects [without the royal conspiracy ] make better possible killers than Druitt and Maybrick . There has never been conclusive proof that Sickert was indeed in France while the murders took place.

He was fascinated with the murders and even made reference to them in his paintings , Gull ,despite the misconception that he was to old and had suffered a stoke that made him incapacitated which was not tru ,had the means being a physician , possible motive wanting to experiment on organ removal on live freah bodies ,or he was just mad , and the opportunity living in London.

I just dont see any means ,motive ,and opportunity with Druitt and Maybrick that puts them ''way'' ahead of Sickert and Gull ,just my opinion .
                    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

• Interested to read in that free e-book that in the Lech chapter by Stow, he tries to implicate Lech had someting to do with Rose Mylett because......Pickfords had a depot in Poplar!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post
                        Interested to read in that free e-book that in the Lech chapter by Stow, he tries to implicate Lech had someting to do with Rose Mylett because......Pickfords had a depot in Poplar!
                        The Lechmere theory is just ridiculous.

Comment

lol. pure gold

Comment

• Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post
                            Interested to read in that free e-book that in the Lech chapter by Stow, he tries to implicate Lech had someting to do with Rose Mylett because......Pickfords had a depot in Poplar!

And in the documentary, it is suggested that he was at a Pickfords depot on the night of the double murder, yet no attempt is made to explain why the staff there would have admitted a man with bloodstained hands and then after reading about the murders failed to make any connection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
                              Not much to do with Lechmere, but was it Monty or Melville playing cricket on the day in question?

https://forum.casebook.org/forum/rip...062#post784062

An MJ Druitt played for Blackheath on 8 September 1888.

He must have been Montague.

Comment

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

Gull ,despite the misconception that he was to old and had suffered a stoke that made him incapacitated which was not tru ,had the means being a physician , possible motive wanting to experiment on organ removal on live freah bodies ,or he was just mad , and the opportunity living in London.

Gull was 71 when the murders took place.

None of the victims was reported to have been seen with a man of that age at any time leading up to their murders.

Gull would certainly have stood out in Berner Street and its surroundings.

Could a man who had suffered strokes have been able to do what the murderer did as quickly as he did?

Why would Gull have walked north-eastwards from Mitre Square to Goulston Street, when he lived in Brook Street in the West End?

Why would a person of Gull's erudition have mis-spelt the word Jews?

How could Gull have made his way back to Brook Street without attracting attention?

Comment

Working...
                                X