No announcement yet.

Evidence of innocence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Lechmere acts in a manner befitting an innocent bystander, we are told he is bluffing.

When Lechmere acts in an audacious manner, we are told it's because he is a psychopath.

Like most suspect-biased theorists, Lechmerians want to have their cake and eat it.

Lechmere was so psychopathic that he:
    1. remained at the scene of the crime
    2. approached an evasive witness
    3. took the witness to inspect his victim
    4. agreed to look for a policeman
    5. voluntarily attend a police inquest
    6. disagreed with a policeman's testimony
    But Lechmere lying that he saw someone else at the scene? Oh nooooo, that would be a gamble too far for the nefarious Lechmere!

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
      When Lechmere acts in a manner befitting an innocent bystander, we are told he is bluffing.

When Lechmere acts in an audacious manner, we are told it's because he is a psychopath.

Like most suspect-biased theorists, Lechmerians want to have their cake and eat it.

But Lechmere lying that he saw someone else at the scene? Oh nooooo, that would be a gamble too far for the nefarious Lechmere!

And he kept the murder weapon on himself, and he went killing again in 5 days after contradicting the police officer in front of all the world!

And no one will know who this Charles Allen Lechmere, the carman who had been in the employment of Messrs. Pickford and Co. for over twenty years, truly is!

He managed to conceal his true identity two times!!

​​​​​They know they have been completely defeted, they just cannot admit it, it is too late now for them, they will never ever admit it, it became a part of their personality.

The Baron

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        When Lechmere acts in a manner befitting an innocent bystander, we are told he is bluffing.

Since I’ve joined this thread this one of the few sensible responses I’ve seen to the Lechmere is JTR theory. I believe Lechmere killed Polly Nichols, but all of the above points are valid. Of course there is a simple explanation for them all, but it’s a step in the right direction after some of the complete nonsense I’ve read recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

There’s a fourth class: those who see what isn’t there.

The old Boss only strikes on the head!

​​​​​​

The Baron

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperShodan View Post

Since I’ve joined this thread this one of the few sensible responses I’ve seen to the Lechmere is JTR theory. I believe Lechmere killed Polly Nichols, but all of the above points are valid. Of course there is a simple explanation for them all, but it’s a step in the right direction after some of the complete nonsense I’ve read recently.

Yes there is a simple explanation, the one you and the like refuse/cannot see.

These points have been presented times and times over and over, but the Lechmerians kept in their denial, it must be warm there with all those fairies!

The Baron

Comment

• I doubt we will ever know, but I wonder if Lechmere's route at Pickford's became more suburban or rural as his seniority with the company increased.

Many years ago, when I was in college, I had a part time job at UPS, and that's how it worked.

The young drivers were stuck in town all day, with their vans stuffed to the gills with hundreds of packages, practically running from stop to stop, but the older guys with tons of seniority gradually moved out to the rural areas, where their work load became lighter & lighter--sometimes ridiculously so.

I used to occasionally see one old guy with forty years of seniority, parked along some country lane in mid-shift, reading a newspaper. Whether the logistics at Pickford's would allow such a system, I cannot say.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
                I doubt we will ever know, but I wonder if Lechmere's route at Pickford's became more suburban or rural as his seniority with the company increased.
                Myself, I'm a bit surprised that after apparently 20 years there, and approaching the age of 40, he's not only supposedly still starting at 4am, but has even recently moved to a house that seems to be further away from Broad Street... Not exactly an improving situation, is it?

M.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark J D View Post

Myself, I'm a bit surprised that after apparently 20 years there, and approaching the age of 40, he's not only supposedly still starting at 4am, but has even recently moved to a house that seems to be further away from Broad Street... Not exactly an improving situation, is it?

M.
                  Perhaps he liked an early start when things were quiet. Can't imagine why though

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperShodan View Post

Thank you for that. You're entitled to believe Lechmere was the killer, if you so wish. It just reeks of arrogance when people act that Lechmere's guilt is a self-evident truth that somehow eludes the rest of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickere View Post
                      Perhaps he liked an early start when things were quiet. Can't imagine why though
                      I think something must have happened down Pinchin St way that made it a little too hot for him to be still living thereabouts in mid-1888. It's not at all impossible that some record is still findable. I even think this may have a bearing on the unbelievable weirdness of the Berner Street killing. I mean, friends of his family were literally living in that street, with one of them even looking out of the front door...

M.
                      Last edited by Mark J D; 11-30-2021, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark J D View Post

I think something must have happened down Pinchin St way that made it a little too hot for him to be still living thereabouts in mid-1888. It's not at all impossible that some record is still findable. I even think this may have a bearing on the unbelievable weirdness of the Berner Street killing. I mean, friends of his family were literally living in that street, with one of them even looking out of the front door...

M.
                        I couldn't agree more, Mark. Why would CAL risk being seen around Berner Street by people who knew him, chatting up and then killing a prostitute, when he could do it more safely almost anywhere else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctored Whatsit View Post

I couldn't agree more, Mark. Why would CAL risk being seen around Berner Street by people who knew him, chatting up and then killing a prostitute, when he could do it more safely almost anywhere else?
                          Because he's a psychopathic risk taker, except of course, when he's not.

- Jeff

Comment

• >>This is a quote that I think sums up this thread. I honestly think one or two people on here are away with the fairies.<<

To dwell on Mark J D's quote about method and ethics, clearly you don't have and have never seen the "100 or so" signatures.

Given that why do you think it's ok to denigrate people who question where these signatures are?

Is the Lechmerain theory to you akin to religion, where you simply accept something is true without any kind of proof and demand others do likewise? Aren't you even the remotely curious to see these alleged signatures?

This is the problem I simply can't get my head around when people have blind allegiance to suspects, the refusal to be curious and ask questions no matter where they may lead.
                            dustymiller
                            aka drstrange

Comment

• >>Myself, I'm a bit surprised that after apparently 20 years there, and approaching the age of 40, he's not only supposedly still starting at 4am, but has even recently moved to a house that seems to be further away from Broad Street... Not exactly an improving situation, is it?<<

Finally a good question. Nobody knows of course, but we can speculate.
                              Doveton was further away as the crow flies, but quick to get to on the ground, virtually a straight line. Whereas James St was a twisty turn route.

dustymiller
                              aka drstrange

Comment

• Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
                                >>Myself, I'm a bit surprised that after apparently 20 years there, and approaching the age of 40, he's not only supposedly still starting at 4am, but has even recently moved to a house that seems to be further away from Broad Street... Not exactly an improving situation, is it?<<

Finally a good question. Nobody knows of course, but we can speculate.
                                Doveton was further away as the crow flies, but quick to get to on the ground, virtually a straight line. Whereas James St was a twisty turn route.
                                Was Doveton considered a better area? Did he move from a rental and buy the property in Doveton or was he renting in both? If the latter, it may be he had no choice but to relocate if the landlord decided they had other plans. And, I'm not sure workers like Cross/Lechmere had as much opportunity for promotion upwards as we do today. The fact he had a steady job for 20 years was probably viewed as a luxury. At least he didn't have to show up at 4am and hope to be offered work that day, as was the case for dock laborers (i.e. Joe Barnett I believe had to scrounge for work as a fish porter, and had been out of work for a while as it was).

- Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X