Evidence of innocence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try harder

You are the one who is claiming Cross concealed his true name.

Then you have to prove there was no one there who knows him as Lechmere.

The Baron

Comment

• -before you cork up the champagne to celebrate

-Then again, champagne is not all that good, is it

You brought the champagne in the post and a couple of lines later you say it is no good

What a poor writing style

You realy need to try harder.

The Baron

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post
        Try harder

You are the one who is claiming Cross concealed his true name.

Then you have to prove there was no one there who knows him as Lechmere.

The Baron
        No I don´t. You are the one claiming that there would have been, and so YOU are the one who need to try harder. That´s how these things work.

Good luck, by the way!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

No I don´t. You are the one claiming that there would have been, and so YOU are the one who need to try harder. That´s how these things work.

Good luck, by the way!

So we have the first loser.

Next

Comment

-before you cork up the champagne to celebrate

-Then again, champagne is not all that good, is it

You brought the champagne in the post and a couple of lines later you say it is no good

What a poor writing style

You realy need to try harder.

The Baron
            Champagne is the most popular drink for celebrating things. It is a classic in the context.

That is why the expression "cork up the champagne" is extremly commonly used, whereas for example "cork up the Amarone" is not.

I happen to prefer Amarone to champagne, but that does not mean that the expressions as such will change.

It is in all likelihood a bit like throwing pearls for swines to explain this to you, I am aware of that. But to be frank, my post is not mainly directed to you. It is directed to those who wonder if you should be listened to or not.

I suggest the latter alternative is the much wiser. I´d even drink to it. In Amarone, of course.

Now that I have corrected you not once, but twice, I have had quite enough of you for one day. So goodnight!

Comment

I´d even drink to it. In Amarone, of course.
              -- Remember to change to Chianti in the movie, as the mass audience doesn't know what 'Amarone' is...

M.

(Image of Charles Allen Lechmere is by artist Ashton Guilbeaux. Used by permission. Original art-work for sale.)

Comment

I don´t think that would be wildly unlikely that there were membership lists, R J - there likely were, if you ask me. Whether or not they have survived is another matter.
                Isn't that what I wrote?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark J D View Post

-- Remember to change to Chianti in the movie, as the mass audience doesn't know what 'Amarone' is...

M.
                  I’ ll keep it in mind - there are some really nice Chiantis too!

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

Isn't that what I wrote?
                    Viewing it again, yes - I got somewhat carried away, I’ m afraid.

Comment

Oh, and before you cork up the champagne to celebrate having stabbed the heart of the theory, you may need to know that it does not really matter if he DID call himself Cross at work - he remains the likely killer anyway.
                      I’d say the likely killer was the individual who didn’t loiter at the crime scene, approach the first passer-by, and attend the police inquest. Hey, that’s just me!

Comment

Viewing it again, yes - I got somewhat carried away, I’ m afraid.

You must have been busy drinking your Amarone.

Well such a misguided theory couldn't have been so terribly und funnily weaved without a big amount of Amarone, thats the way some do their 'ripperology'

I would advice, less drinking and more thinking.

The Baron

Comment

You must have been busy drinking your Amarone.

Well such a misguided theory couldn't have been so terribly und funnily weaved without a big amount of Amarone, thats the way some do their 'ripperology'

I would advice, less drinking and more thinking.

The Baron
                          So you realized that your effort to try and fault me on the champagne reference was easily shot down?

And instead, you are now hinting at me being drunk?

Par for the course in your case, of course, so I´m not in the least surprised.

Now I really must dash before somebody sees me in your company.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post

I’d say the likely killer was the individual who didn’t loiter at the crime scene, approach the first passer-by, and attend the police inquest. Hey, that’s just me!
                            Which killer is that, Harry? I don´t think I´ve heard about him before. Is it perhaps the evasive Phantom Killer you speak of...?
                            Last edited by Fisherman; 11-04-2021, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Now I really must dash before somebody sees me in your company.

Well in your case you can always use the 'too much Amarone' excuse!

The Baron

Comment

Well in your case you can always use the 'too much Amarone' excuse!

The Baron
                                No, no, no. I only just helped you out, telling you that the hinting about posters who disagree with you are drunk is so dated a line that it has algae growing on it. You need to grow some wit, get hold of some cleverness and dislodge whatever intellect you are able to muster.

Before that happens, you would be best adviced to rely on your debating skills only, the way we were always supposed to out here. It may be a forlorn case, but at least you won’ t be caught pointing fingers at your fellow posters, hysterically giggling and spouting ”Drunk, he’ s drunk, ha ha ha!”

It becomes embarrasing, you see.

I’ ll leave you to practice now, and you should not expect me to return.

Comment

Working...
                                X