Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evidence of innocence

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Try harder


    You are the one who is claiming Cross concealed his true name.

    Then you have to prove there was no one there who knows him as Lechmere.



    The Baron

    Comment


    • -before you cork up the champagne to celebrate

      -Then again, champagne is not all that good, is it


      You brought the champagne in the post and a couple of lines later you say it is no good




      What a poor writing style

      You realy need to try harder.



      The Baron

      Comment


      • Originally posted by The Baron View Post
        Try harder


        You are the one who is claiming Cross concealed his true name.

        Then you have to prove there was no one there who knows him as Lechmere.



        The Baron
        No I donīt. You are the one claiming that there would have been, and so YOU are the one who need to try harder. Thatīs how these things work.

        Good luck, by the way!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

          No I donīt. You are the one claiming that there would have been, and so YOU are the one who need to try harder. Thatīs how these things work.

          Good luck, by the way!

          So we have the first loser.


          Next

          Comment


          • Originally posted by The Baron View Post
            -before you cork up the champagne to celebrate

            -Then again, champagne is not all that good, is it


            You brought the champagne in the post and a couple of lines later you say it is no good




            What a poor writing style

            You realy need to try harder.



            The Baron
            Champagne is the most popular drink for celebrating things. It is a classic in the context.

            That is why the expression "cork up the champagne" is extremly commonly used, whereas for example "cork up the Amarone" is not.

            I happen to prefer Amarone to champagne, but that does not mean that the expressions as such will change.

            It is in all likelihood a bit like throwing pearls for swines to explain this to you, I am aware of that. But to be frank, my post is not mainly directed to you. It is directed to those who wonder if you should be listened to or not.

            I suggest the latter alternative is the much wiser. Iīd even drink to it. In Amarone, of course.

            Now that I have corrected you not once, but twice, I have had quite enough of you for one day. So goodnight!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
              Iīd even drink to it. In Amarone, of course.
              -- Remember to change to Chianti in the movie, as the mass audience doesn't know what 'Amarone' is...

              M.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

                I donīt think that would be wildly unlikely that there were membership lists, R J - there likely were, if you ask me. Whether or not they have survived is another matter.
                Isn't that what I wrote?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mark J D View Post

                  -- Remember to change to Chianti in the movie, as the mass audience doesn't know what 'Amarone' is...

                  M.
                  I’ ll keep it in mind - there are some really nice Chiantis too!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

                    Isn't that what I wrote?
                    Viewing it again, yes - I got somewhat carried away, I’ m afraid.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                      Oh, and before you cork up the champagne to celebrate having stabbed the heart of the theory, you may need to know that it does not really matter if he DID call himself Cross at work - he remains the likely killer anyway.
                      I’d say the likely killer was the individual who didn’t loiter at the crime scene, approach the first passer-by, and attend the police inquest. Hey, that’s just me!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

                        Viewing it again, yes - I got somewhat carried away, I’ m afraid.

                        You must have been busy drinking your Amarone.




                        Well such a misguided theory couldn't have been so terribly und funnily weaved without a big amount of Amarone, thats the way some do their 'ripperology'

                        I would advice, less drinking and more thinking.



                        The Baron

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by The Baron View Post


                          You must have been busy drinking your Amarone.




                          Well such a misguided theory couldn't have been so terribly und funnily weaved without a big amount of Amarone, thats the way some do their 'ripperology'

                          I would advice, less drinking and more thinking.



                          The Baron
                          So you realized that your effort to try and fault me on the champagne reference was easily shot down?

                          And instead, you are now hinting at me being drunk?

                          Par for the course in your case, of course, so Iīm not in the least surprised.

                          Now I really must dash before somebody sees me in your company.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Harry D View Post

                            I’d say the likely killer was the individual who didn’t loiter at the crime scene, approach the first passer-by, and attend the police inquest. Hey, that’s just me!
                            Which killer is that, Harry? I donīt think Iīve heard about him before. Is it perhaps the evasive Phantom Killer you speak of...?
                            Last edited by Fisherman; 11-04-2021, 06:37 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

                              Now I really must dash before somebody sees me in your company.

                              Well in your case you can always use the 'too much Amarone' excuse!





                              The Baron

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by The Baron View Post


                                Well in your case you can always use the 'too much Amarone' excuse!





                                The Baron
                                No, no, no. I only just helped you out, telling you that the hinting about posters who disagree with you are drunk is so dated a line that it has algae growing on it. You need to grow some wit, get hold of some cleverness and dislodge whatever intellect you are able to muster.

                                Before that happens, you would be best adviced to rely on your debating skills only, the way we were always supposed to out here. It may be a forlorn case, but at least you won’ t be caught pointing fingers at your fellow posters, hysterically giggling and spouting ”Drunk, he’ s drunk, ha ha ha!”

                                It becomes embarrasing, you see.

                                I’ ll leave you to practice now, and you should not expect me to return.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X