Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Kosminski still the best suspect we have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Kosminski is still the most compelling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbo View Post
      Yes, Kosminski is still the most compelling.
      No, he isn't.

Kosminski had no serious history of violence against women. Threatening his sister with scissors is a far cry from methodically cutting someone's throat without being seen or caught. That requires psychopathy.

He was strange and psychotic, but that is not the same. He was most likely a Skitzophrenic. That does not make him a murderer. He would not have had the ability to put these women at ease in any way. These women were street smart and would not have taken a risk with someone like him. He would have been mumbling to himself, speaking gibberish or simply flying into uncontrolled bouts of rage. Psychosis killers stand out. He just stood out as being strange and seemed a useful suspect.
      Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
      JayHartley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post

No, he isn't.

Kosminski had no serious history of violence against women. Threatening his sister with scissors is a far cry from methodically cutting someone's throat without being seen or caught. That requires psychopathy.

He was strange and psychotic, but that is not the same. He was most likely a Skitzophrenic. That does not make him a murderer. He would not have had the ability to put these women at ease in any way. These women were street smart and would not have taken a risk with someone like him. He would have been mumbling to himself, speaking gibberish or simply flying into uncontrolled bouts of rage. Psychosis killers stand out. He just stood out as being strange and seemed a useful suspect.
        Actually you don’t know that. Neither do I, but there is evidence that he had lucid periods, even to the point of representing himself in court at one point close to this time. I find him very compelling in that he’s probably the most misunderstood suspect. People need to not depend on Martin Fido’s opinion and do more research on him. I don’t know if he was JTR, but he is a pretty interesting, sad fellow. And the fact he was named by contemporaries makes him the most compelling to me. Read Jack the Ripper and the case for Scotland yards prime suspect by Robert House. Very good examination of Kosminski.

Comment

Actually you don’t know that. Neither do I, but there is evidence that he had lucid periods, even to the point of representing himself in court at one point close to this time. I find him very compelling in that he’s probably the most misunderstood suspect. People need to not depend on Martin Fido’s opinion and do more research on him. I don’t know if he was JTR, but he is a pretty interesting, sad fellow. And the fact he was named by contemporaries makes him the most compelling to me. Read Jack the Ripper and the case for Scotland yards prime suspect by Robert House. Very good examination of Kosminski.
          I have lucid periods, doesn’t make me a murderer. His candidacy is almost exclusively based on his strange behaviour of eating food from the gutter and publicly masturbating. Again, neither make him a murderer. I don’t rely on one person’s research. I make my decisions reviewing multiple sources.
          Koz may well be compelling to you but that does not make him the case’s best suspect.
          JayHartley.com

Comment

I have lucid periods, doesn’t make me a murderer. His candidacy is almost exclusively based on his strange behaviour of eating food from the gutter and publicly masturbating. Again, neither make him a murderer. I don’t rely on one person’s research. I make my decisions reviewing multiple sources.
            Koz may well be compelling to you but that does not make him the case’s best suspect.
            I believe it was the fact he was mentioned by contemporary Police Officials in memoranda, books, etc, that made his candidacy as the top suspect. If you researched as you say you should know that.

Comment

I believe it was the fact he was mentioned by contemporary Police Officials in memoranda, books, etc, that made his candidacy as the top suspect. If you researched as you say you should know that.
              Sorry, you must have read different research to me. You obviously read some evidence where Koz was was named at the time of the murders as a suspect? Not, 5, 10, 15 or 20 years after? I must confess I missed that.
              JayHartley.com

Comment

• First named by Macnaghten 6 years after the murders, in 1894. And again by Swanson 16 years later, in 1910 (or sometime after).

Comment

Sorry, you must have read different research to me. You obviously read some evidence where Koz was was named at the time of the murders as a suspect? Not, 5, 10, 15 or 20 years after? I must confess I missed that.
                  I never said at the time of the murders. I said contemporary police officials, i.e, officials who were around at the time of the murders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                    First named by Macnaghten 6 years after the murders, in 1894. And again by Swanson 16 years later, in 1910 (or sometime after).

Hello Scott

I believe Kosminski is one of the best suspects that we have.

One question though, I didn't see this discussed before or maybe I've missed it somewhere, but could Aaron Kosminski have killed Mckenzie?! was he incarcerated or under surveillance at the time?

Thanks
                    The Baron

Comment

• He was at liberty. I don't believe he was under surveillance.

Comment

• We need just a tad more than that to create a suspect...
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post

Hello Scott

I believe Kosminski is one of the best suspects that we have.
                          Given that none of the suspects are any good, if in your opinion he is one of the best of a bad bunch, that isn't really saying much.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Given that none of the suspects are any good, if in your opinion he is one of the best of a bad bunch, that isn't really saying much.

Yes I know you don't like your Ripper to be anything like 23 years old boy.

Quite the contrary to your old fashioned sentiment, it is the perfect age for a schizofrenic ripper and Aaron's age is just spot on.

Remind me again then, where was Druitt when Mckenzie was killed?!

You wont be saying much either I bet.

The Baron

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post
                              Remind me again then, where was Druitt when Mckenzie was killed?!
                              Hardly a game-changer or even relevant considering that the main champion of the Polish Jew theory, Sir Robert Anderson, didn't include Mackenzie in the Ripper's body count, and insisted that Mary Kelly was the last true victim.

--a theory that aligns better with Druitt than with Aaron Kosminski

Comment

• Thankyou RJ.
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X