Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Kosminski still the best suspect we have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheTypeWriter View Post
    From the information we have about Kominski's state of mind I don't imagine he could have gone unnoticed at the crime scenes or had the clarity to lure the victims.
    But what if, like epilepsy, his mania was episodic?

Comment

• I would have to imagine that encounters with the victims involved simply taking out your money and exchanging a few words rather than engaging in lengthy conversations.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheTypeWriter View Post
        I don't think so, I've never quite been convinced about him, judging by what I've read on him I think he was stark raving mad, for lack of a better term. I think the ripper was sane and cunning. Just my opinion of course. If he was acting insensible I think he would have drew attention to himself and been caught out. I think it was someone who had their wits about them who carried out the murders. From the information we have about Kominski's state of mind I don't imagine he could have gone unnoticed at the crime scenes or had the clarity to lure the victims.
        Well, as late as December 1889, Kosminski still had it together enough to appear in court and even crack jokes about going by Aaron Abrahams, because Kosminski was too hard to spell, and that he couldn't pay his fine that day (a Sunday) because of Jewish customs.

It seems he didn't regress into the incoherent lunatic who ate out of gutters until around mid-1890.

Comment

• Well that does shed new light on it. Perhaps then he could have done it. I'm more inclined towards Jacob Levy as the Anderson suspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by tanta07 View Post

Well, as late as December 1889, Kosminski still had it together enough to appear in court and even crack jokes about going by Aaron Abrahams, because Kosminski was too hard to spell, and that he couldn't pay his fine that day (a Sunday) because of Jewish customs.

It seems he didn't regress into the incoherent lunatic who ate out of gutters until around mid-1890.
            However it was strange that his brother had to attend and talk to the courts on his behalf. It seems that maybe Aaron needed support of some kind?
            Pat..

Comment

• Stranger still...his brother apparently didn't take him to the asylum. Jacob Cohen (his brother's brother-in-law) did and did all of the talking.

Comment

• I just remembered something... Paul Begg questioned whose sister Kosminski threatened with a knife. I think it was Jacob Cohen's sister, Betsy Abrahams. Jacob accompanied Aaron to the Colney Hatch asylum and gave evidence to the admitting authorities. Jacob probably had to ensure that Aaron would not be liberated again and emphasized the knife threat to authorities. Woolf apparently didn't want to have anything to do with the confinement.

Yes...I think that's probably it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy View Post

However it was strange that his brother had to attend and talk to the courts on his behalf. It seems that maybe Aaron needed support of some kind?
                  Pat..
                  Is there documentation his brother spoke on his behalf during the December 1889 court appearance? I think I had read his brother accompanied him, but I wasn't aware he spoke on Aaron's behalf.

Comment

• When was Kosminski the best suspect in the first place?

Comment

• He never was as far as I know. It's all subjective.

Comment

• Out of Hitler and Mussolini, one will have been the best democrat.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                          When was Kosminski the best suspect in the first place?
                          Well that TV special in 1988 all but named him as the Ripper. It's telling that the Shawlgate people picked Kosminsky as the suspect in their fabrication. This is a tallest midget contest and Kosminski looms quite large.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post

Well that TV special in 1988 all but named him as the Ripper. It's telling that the Shawlgate people picked Kosminsky as the suspect in their fabrication. This is a tallest midget contest and Kosminski looms quite large.
                            There are stronger suspects out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                              Out of Hitler and Mussolini, one will have been the best democrat.
                              Or juggler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                                All the dirty business of Shawlgate aside, is Aaron Kosminski still the most compelling Ripper suspect based on all the known facts of the case?
                                Maybe ! think over last 30 years it’s all become “foggy “ to say the least - sometimes boarder on absurdity

Comment

Working...
                                X