Clear All

• romantic

Hello Stewart.

"What fog?"

That's what I was wondering.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• If I was writing a book I'd be identifying a policeman who left the crime scene undetected with a massive bloodstained tablecloth under his arm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Observer View Post
        So who exactly has dated the pattern to the Edwardian age?
        Hi Observer

THe Shawl was the subject of some discussion when i was trying to make a program about 2002

At that time I gave serious interest into the possibility of DNA

It don't exist

But the person who looked into the shawl was a guy who I have utmost respect for…called Andy Aliffe… He dated the shawl at the Victorian and Albert museum, I believe he was working there at the time, and they came up with edwardian 1902=04 based on the design… Its later been identified as an Edwarian Table Runner 8mx2m… It aint a shawl

If it belonged to Cathrine Eddows she would have cashed it in and gone on a long luxury holiday….but she could not have afforded it..

And I await anyone to challenge me why.. Arom Kosminksi would have wondered around WhoitChapel with such an article

It simply didn't Happen

Yours Jeff x

Comment

• deduction/induction

Hello Jeff. Thanks.

But my point is that PROOF is deductive, EVIDENCE, inductive. Science is an INDUCTIVE discipline.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjon View Post
            Announcement regarding the 2015 Conference in Nottingham:

We spoke to Russell Edwards last week about appearing at next years conference in Nottingham, but he is currently unsure.
            Strange. Had I actually cracked the ID of JtR and was certain of my findings, NOTHING would stop me from showing up at that conference and crowing about how I succeeded against all odds! And he "Isn't sure"? Quite possibly about a LOT of things, this guy!

Raven
            And the questions always linger, no real answer in sight

Comment

• Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
              Mind they don't try to tie your hands behind your back Jeff...
              I think Winstion Churchhill stated " Madam you are drunk but in the morning I will be Sober'

But of course I can't prove Aron Kosminski was JtR anymore than anyone else on these boards can prove their suspect to be JtR..

But Aron Kosminski remains the leading suspect…THAT IS FACT

Jx

Comment

• Much appreciated Jeff.

I believed it was more like a table-runner than a shawl, for a couple of reason's, but as for it being Victorian or Edwardian, I wouldn't have a clue.
                Andy Aliffe is not unknown to this forum, at least to those a bit longer in the tooth.
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                  Hello Jeff. Thanks.

But my point is that PROOF is deductive, EVIDENCE, inductive. Science is an INDUCTIVE discipline.

Cheers.
                  LC
                  I'm lost what does that have to do with an Edwardian table Runner

There is no Shawl?

Your Jeffx

Comment

• As entertaining as SPE's snippets are, I don't think it's quite fair to judge the theory too harshly based solely on a few tabloid idiocies.

Much more reasonable to read the google-books excerpts and learn all about the author's marriages and entire career history, the weird feeling he once had while stood at a certain street corner in Spitalfields, and how his genuine interest in the case was sparked by the painstakingly accurate portrayal of the crimes in the highly intelligent Johnny Depp classic From Hell.

Having established his bona-fides so impressively, I'm personally sure that all questions of provenance and DNA testing will be dealt with thoroughly in the text.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
                      I think Winstion Churchhill stated " Madam you are drunk but in the morning I will be Sober'

But of course I can't prove Aron Kosminski was JtR anymore than anyone else on these boards can prove their suspect to be JtR..

But Aron Kosminski remains the leading suspect…THAT IS FACT

Jx
                      What about Maybrick Jeff?

Comment

• match

Hello Jason.

"if someone took d.n.a samples from the descendants and put it on the shawl surely this d.n.a would give a full profile not a weak one."

Yes. Like 100%? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                          Much appreciated Jeff.

I believed it was more like a table-runner than a shawl, for a couple of reason's, but as for it being Victorian or Edwardian, I wouldn't have a clue.
                          Andy Aliffe is not unknown to this forum, at least to those a bit longer in the tooth.
                          Many of us here, very long in the tooth will remember Andy Aliffe

He certainly has a number of papers on here

But most remembered as a dear friend and the person who organised the early Jack the ripper conferences including Wolverhampton…

Andy also did the research on the 'Seaside homes' a legend in ripperology

Yours Jeff

Comment

• And I await anyone to challenge me why.. Arom Kosminksi would have wondered around WhoitChapel with such an article

It simply didn't Happen

Yours Jeff x[/QUOTE]

Cos he was mad ???

Comment

• Originally posted by bladen7273. View Post
                              What about Maybrick Jeff?
                              TGhats simple… MAybrick is TOSH

Comment

• Originally posted by spyglass View Post
                                And I await anyone to challenge me why.. Arom Kosminksi would have wondered around WhoitChapel with such an article

It simply didn't Happen

Yours Jeff x

Cos he was mad ???[/QUOTE]

No , because such a table runner was bulky..very valuable..and utterly useless while trying to hack prostitutes guts out..Yours Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X