Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mariab
    replied
    Don, I mentioned the article (as published in Examiner 1) a couple days ago in the Plausibility of Kozminsky thread. Apparently the present thread (Exonerating Michael Kidney) went completely unnoticed.

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
    I do wish we got more information of when new dissertations are published.
    I guess the best way to advertize for any new dissertations or research developments is to post the info in an Anderson or Hutch thread.
    Last edited by mariab; 09-14-2011, 07:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Supe
    replied
    Shouldn't there be mention that Tom's fine article first appeared in Casebook Examiner No. 1 (June 2010) ?

Don.

Leave a comment:

• jason_c
    replied
    Thanks for the link I'll read it soon. I do wish we got more information of when new dissertations are published.

Leave a comment:

• Casebook Wiki Editor
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
    when one considers that Stride was an habitual liar who herself was arrested a record-breaking eight times between 1887 and 1888 alone
    A very important point in a very well written and hard hitting dissertation. Thanks for taking the time to put it up !

Leave a comment:

• Tom_Wescott
    replied
    Hi Curious, thanks for taking the time to read it and comment. I certainly don't think Kidney was a saint, nor was Liz. But not being a saint doesn't make one a murderer, and the evidence shows Kidney to have been a very unlikely suspect. As for Stride's drinking, you might be on to something.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Leave a comment:

• curious4
    replied
    Michael Kidney

Hello Tom,

I didnīt need convincing that Liz Stride was a victim of JTR, but enjoyed reading your dissertation. A case very well put and which hopefully will silence anyone who continues to believe she was murdered by Kidney.

I have always thought (have said this before) that Liz was the type of alchoholic called a "periodare" in swedish. That is, someone who will remain sober for weeks or even months at a time and then often drink themselves senseless for a period of time, only to go back to being sober again for a while. I think this would explain why she left Kidney from time to time.

Best wishes,
    C4

Leave a comment:

• Exonerating Michael Kidney - A Fresh Look at Old Myths

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that my essay, 'Exonerating Michael Kidney', from the pilot issue of Casebook Examiner is now available to read in the Dissertations section. The link is below. The article examines the genesis of the idea that a) Stride wasn't a Ripper victim and b) she was killed by her beau, Michael Kidney. For those who haven't already read it, there should be some new and interesting stuff in there, or at least that was my intention.

Link to essay: http://www.casebook.org/dissertation...ng-kidney.html

Not to sound cocky, but out of the 15 or so essays I've published on the Ripper, mostly on the Stride murder, this is the only one I would consider a 'must read' for anyone who thinks Stride might not have been a Ripper victim, or might have been killed by Kidney.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
Working...
X