Innocent, By George!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DVV View Post
    Now have a look at this and tell me it has been taken in the 20's or early 30's.

Or rather : don't, remembering Toppy was born in 1866 and died in 1938.

Looks like all is fake with Toppy.

Hi DVV
    Could you please explain what you mean? sorry I am a little slow sometimes.
    Thanks!

Comment

• Half the man I used to be...

I humourously refer to this as the "I can't rip them like I used to" thesis.
      Yes Lynn, perhaps like an aging boxer, he went out for one last rip. When he realized he couldn't replicate his former high standards, he accepted that retirement was in order.

Rather funny but a bit of a stretch isn't it?

But I still wonder what times and distances researchers use to rule in, or out, the same hand?
      Yes Lynn, maybe we need to consult that John Douglass character.

Hutch guilty of something? Well, he certainly gave odd testimony and he was close to the scene. That makes him at least as good a suspect for MJK as Daniel Barnett.
      Agreed. I definitely find Hutch a person of interest. I hope someone can dig up more about him, providing he's not Toppy of course...

Perhaps George Hutchinson was an alias as his real name was Jack the Ripper......?

Greg

Comment

• Withdrawal of interest, a capital offense?

Hello Greg.

"I definitely find Hutch a person of interest. I hope someone can dig up more about him, providing he's not Toppy of course"

Even if he IS Toppy, perhaps he'd still be interesting?

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

• it's amazing how many people think that GH is a fake nowadays, similar to father Xmas, but with no presents...... chalk and graffiti instead maybe!

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
            Hello Greg.

"I definitely find Hutch a person of interest. I hope someone can dig up more about him, providing he's not Toppy of course"

Even if he IS Toppy, perhaps he'd still be interesting?

Cheers.
            LC
            YES, strangely enough the Real Toppy looks dodgy too (straight up)..... but i think you'd need to find far more on him..

Comment

• Toppy of one's research

Hello Malcolm.

"strangely enough the Real Toppy looks dodgy too (straight up)..... but I think you'd need to find far more on him"

Well, that would depend on what one wishes to do with him.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                Hi DVV
                Could you please explain what you mean? sorry I am a little slow sometimes.
                Thanks!
                Hi Abby

how old is the man on the pic ?

55, 60...I'd say. Then if it's Toppy, the pic must be from around 1920-25.

Problem is that it doesn't look a twenties memory, although I did not expect the Great Gatsby.
                Last edited by DVV; 01-05-2012, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Hi Abby

Problem is that it doesn't look a twenties memory, although I did not expect the Great Gatsby.
                  OK-thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Hi Abby

the photo looks like it's from the 1950s or the 60s, he looks about 60....this means that he's way too young to be Toppy, more like Reg, TOPPY would be about 94 in 1960.

it's totally the wrong style and clothing to that of the 1920s..... it looks like the same era as the Kray Twins, because he's weaing a normal style jacket, a waste coat and a white vest/ tee shirt...... most odd and quite scruffy/ informal too, a bit like Alf Garnet !!!!!
                    Last edited by Malcolm X; 01-06-2012, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Malcolm the lapels on his jacket are typical of the '20s. It's not a T-shirt, it's probably the top of his longjohns and he's not wearing a shirt. Effectively it's not a formal photograph, but it looks totally authentic to me, and there is no good reason to suppose that it isn't.
                      http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

• I've got a hunch it's Hutch...

Hi all,

Let me get this straight. Sorry, like Mr. Abnormal, I'm a little slow sometimes.

This attached photo is supposed to be of George Hutchinson aka Toppy the solid family man, taken in the 1920's, which I assume would put him at about 60.

We don't, however, know if this was our police witness in the MJK affair. Many believe him to be one and the same (Hutch) but the Hutchinson-ians believe there is a different George Hutchinson who also happens to be JTR.

Am I right so far?

Now don't many also believe the Wideawake Hat man is George Hutchinson - the man of military appearance?

Also, and I'm too lazy to look this up, but was this the guy that was described as stout? This fellow looks almost gaunt at 60 so it's difficult to imagine him as stout at 25! (Maybe he went on the Atkins diet?)

I also recall a newspaper sketch which showed the witness to be a bit short and chubby. Again, I'm going from memory so I may be wrong.

I've always struggled understanding the whole Hutch/Toppy fiasco so any light anyone can shed (be brief unlike me) would be appreciated.

Greg

P.S. This guy looks like he'd make a good cowboy in the old Spaghetti Westerns...
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubyretro View Post
                          Malcolm the lapels on his jacket are typical of the '20s. It's not a T-shirt, it's probably the top of his longjohns and he's not wearing a shirt. Effectively it's not a formal photograph, but it looks totally authentic to me, and there is no good reason to suppose that it isn't.
                          not sure...... to me it could be anyone, it still looks too recent for the 1920s though

Comment

• Originally posted by GregBaron View Post
                            Hi all,

Let me get this straight. Sorry, like Mr. Abnormal, I'm a little slow sometimes.

This attached photo is supposed to be of George Hutchinson aka Toppy the solid family man, taken in the 1920's, which I assume would put him at about 60.

We don't, however, know if this was our police witness in the MJK affair. Many believe him to be one and the same (Hutch) but the Hutchinson-ians believe there is a different George Hutchinson who also happens to be JTR.

Am I right so far?

Now don't many also believe the Wideawake Hat man is George Hutchinson - the man of military appearance?

Also, and I'm too lazy to look this up, but was this the guy that was described as stout? This fellow looks almost gaunt at 60 so it's difficult to imagine him as stout at 25! (Maybe he went on the Atkins diet?)

I also recall a newspaper sketch which showed the witness to be a bit short and chubby. Again, I'm going from memory so I may be wrong.

I've always struggled understanding the whole Hutch/Toppy fiasco so any light anyone can shed (be brief unlike me) would be appreciated.

Greg

P.S. This guy looks like he'd make a good cowboy in the old Spaghetti Westerns...
                            yes you're about right, he also looks like a younger version of Albert Fish; which isn't good news is it !
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Malcolm X; 01-06-2012, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Hi Greg ! -yes, you're right.

I don't think that this photo of Toppy makes any difference though.

First of all you can't judge people by appearances -I don't think that Mary Bell looked like a murdress anymore than the boys who killed James Bulger.
                              So what Toppy looked like is neither here nor there as regards to whether he was a murderer.

As to whether he fits the description of Hutch the witness -probably not,
                              I can't imagine him ever being stout. However Toppy was nearly 40 years older than the witness, when this photo was taken, and people do change an awful lot. I think that the witness was not fat (given his lifestyle), but musclebound (if he was a labourer). I can't think that plumbing would keep muscle on, and Toppy had just lived through the WW1 (when maybe food was scarcer) when this photo was taken, so he might easily have become gaunt with age.

I reiterate...I don't think that this, undoubtedly authentic, photo tells us anything whatsoever about the case.
                              http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

• One Hutch too many...

Thanks Ruby and Malcolm,

I agree that the photo has no bearing on the case whatever. It's simply a curiosity. And of course murderers look like everybody else, one can't see into the mind.

I do hope you can get out there and find your George Hutchinson though Ruby, boy would that be a coup - the proverbial needle in the haystack I'm afraid.

Good luck to all Hutchinson-ians....

Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X