Has anybody seen this before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Roy,

Indeed, very very likely a mistake... but better to follow it through and check up on it.. which I have done. I have more about this coming up too.. so eyes peeled!!

best wishes

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Comment

Mary Jane Kelly is a very common name and so is Hutchinson so it could all be a coincidence. It doesn't mean anything.

Comment

Hello all,

You will be pleased to know that I have traced (with some help from Chris) the owner of the web site and have been in communication via email.
        Due to several difficulties, she is unable to present the cross reference material from where she got the above mentions of both Hutchinson and Kelly. But there are positive things.
        1. The George Hutchinson mentioned is the same one appearing under Geo. Hutchinson, hence the (1).
        2. The Mary Kelly, aka O'Brien, is indeed the Mary Kelly of 13, Dorset Street, for under the "K" sectrion she appears three times..

KELLY (1) MARY JANE AKA MARY JANE O'BRIEN BORN LIMERICK AUGUST 1865
        KELLY (1) MARY JANE LIVED IN ROOM 13,MILLERS COURT, DORSET ST 1888
        KELLY (1) MARY JANE BURIED ST PATRICK'S RC CEMETERY, LEYTONSTONE 1888.

So I'm sorry Scarletpimpernel, you appear to be wrong this time. However I don't hold out much hope, yet one never knows, because of the mention below...

This kind lady has also provided me with a long list of every book or reference she used for the entire web site, and in here, she says, the cross references occur. She is also looking kindly through the books, in her own time, to help us.

I have the list on an email, if anyone has either a large library at home, or access to one such, and if they wish to try to help and cross reference this information, I would be most obliged.
        I will send the email to them. Just send me a pm. Many thanks.

with best wishes

Phil
        Last edited by Phil Carter; 01-28-2010, 10:08 PM.
        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

A whole new can of worms

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
          Hello all,

You will be pleased to know that I have traced (with some help from Chris) the owner of the web site and have been in communication via email.
          Due to several difficulties, she is unable to present the cross reference material from where she got the above mentions of both Hutchinson and Kelly. But there are positive things.
          1. The George Hutchinson mentioned is the same one appearing under Geo. Hutchinson, hence the (1).
          2. The Mary Kelly, aka O'Brien, is indeed the Mary Kelly of 13, Dorset Street, for under the "K" sectrion she appears three times..

KELLY (1) MARY JANE AKA MARY JANE O'BRIEN BORN LIMERICK AUGUST 1865
          KELLY (1) MARY JANE LIVED IN ROOM 13,MILLERS COURT, DORSET ST 1888
          KELLY (1) MARY JANE BURIED ST PATRICK'S RC CEMETERY, LEYTONSTONE 1888.

So I'm sorry Scarletpimpernel, you appear to be wrong this time. However I dont hold out much hope, yet one never knows, becasue of the mention below...

She has also provided me with a long list of every book or reference she used for the entire web site, and in here, she says, the cross references occur. She is also looking kindly through the books, in her own time, to help us.

I have the list on an email, if anyone has either a large library at home, or access to one such, and if they wish to try to help and cross reference this information, I would be most obliged.
          I will send the email to them. Just send me a pm. Many thanks.

with best wishes

Phil
          Phil,

Your information is facinating in that IF Mary Kelly was AKA O'Brian, then at least some of Melvin Fairclough's info was correct. He said that Insp Abberline had received a letter from a lady in Limerick stating the Kelly was a relative and her family name was O'Brian. Even after all the debunking of Fairclough's book, it makes you wonder doesn't it?

All the best
          Dave
          When you talk to god it's praying; when god talks to you its schizophrenia! - X-Files

Comment

Dave,

I, like many, many others, have a very hard time accepting anything that came out of "The Ripper and the Royals" mainly, I am afraid to say, because of the link to JosephGorman/Sickert. But also because of the retraction occurrances by BOTH Fairclough and Gorman/Sickert. Unfortunately, but inevitably, it casts an immediate doubt on the whole publication.

However, and it is worth mentioning here, that if Knight's "Final Solution" had never been printed, some of what we knew about the Ripper, the Case, would have remained unknown for a longer time.

One can only hope that there may indeed be an O'Brien connection to be found elsewhere. The most intruiging part is the "lived with" mention of Hutchinson. Because if THAT is true, Hutchinson becomes not a believable witness, but, I suggest, a prime suspect, for Kelly's murder at least.

We shall see. I hold no great hope for this, but one never knows does one?
            It is always best to discount rather than assume. So each way we win.

best wishes

Phil
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
              Because if THAT is true, Hutchinson becomes not a believable witness, but, I suggest, a prime suspect, for Kelly's murder at least.

Phil
              Hi Phil,

Hutch has never been a believable witness - in spite of Abberline's opinion.
              The very fact that he came forward after the inquest and Lewis testimony is suspicious.
              He was "Wideawake Man", wasn't he ?
              And thus a prime suspect for Kelly's murder.

Amitiés,
              David

Comment

Hello Dave!

Well, if the O'Brien connection had been confirmed, the numerous "Who was she, really?" about Mary Kelly wouldn't exist on these boards, would they?!

About the role of mr. Hutchinson, to be quite honest;

I don't know, what to think, really!

All the best
                Jukka
                "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Jukka,
                  I am still looking into it... no result as yet.. I dont hold out hope..but you never know eh?

best wishes

Phil
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Hi all,

imo, MJK is more likely to be MJK than Hutch to be Hutch...

There was a very sensible post above, about Irish people and census...

Amitiés,
                    David

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                      imo, MJK is more likely to be MJK than Hutch to be Hutch...
                      Though we know Hutch from later censuses of course.

Mike
                      huh?

Comment

Who the hell are you alluding to, Mike ?
                        Must have missed something important...

Amitiés,
                        David

Comment

David,

It's on the Hutch thread in black and white, in blood red, and in vomit green

Mike
                          huh?

Comment

Don't wanna go there.
                            White trousers tonight.

Comment

Hello you all!

The main trouble with Hutchinson probably is, that all they wanted at the time, was his testimony!

All the best
                              Jukka
                              "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Sorry the link doesn't work, can anyone give me the details of what it says?

Cheers,

Joel
                                if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

Working...
                                X