I think I have found him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    So now they are asking for my hints and thanking me in advance. And I thought I was just bothering them.

Very kind of you. But there is no reason for taking my hints and comparing them to some theory about some Grampton which I havenīt got the slightest idea about.

Just trying to save you from doing meaningless work.

Regards Pierre
    Hi Pierre
    I posted this before I saw the Grampton thread, as you can see, and was being totally sincere and not for comparison for anything else but for its own merit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
      {psst. Abby. Im trying to follow wtf is going on. All i got so far is 'new theory' and 'conference'. Im guessing that some or all the British researchers, Pierre included, may have gone to the Nottingham conference at the end of August. Maybe this is tbe conference Amanda alluded too. Im guessing there is no love lost between Amanda and Pierre since he never sends his 'regards'. Anyways. Three weeks after the conference, Pierre starts this thread "I think I found him", but the theory is incomplete. Tom Wescott says he is missing pieces.

I been wondering why Pierre has been letting David Orsan bait him these past few days. I guess he wrote something about Tumblety that made Pinkmoon bold it and quote it, as well as the insinuation that Pierre makes about "questioning other new and established researchers (Pinkmoon. Wescott, Panderoona) who have a theory but no suspect".

So makes me think that there are two theories built off similar research, Pierre's and Gotham, resulting in two conclusions. If April is the annoUnce date, it should make the Baltimore conference on April 9th a must-see. }
      Thanks st devil
      Nice-sounds reasonable. I live near Baltimore. I may need to go to this!
      But I have feeling since the Cats out of the bag we may not need to wait that long.

Comment

• I have just reread pinkmoon's first posting when he mentions Gramton

sorry i not sure how to use the quote feature, i have just cut and pasted it below:
        "but is your suspect involved in the soon to be released "grampton" theory which I think will blow this case out of the water."

Either it refers to a place or maybe a group or club; or Grampton is someone who has left information.

A third option could be it is a codeword, designed to hide the identity,

Then again it could be a suspect. who knows?

regards to all

Comment

Come on. William Ripper is a joke. There were actually people named Jack Ripper in the 19th Century. They must be the killer then.

Pierre
          Uh yeah. That was kind of the point I think.

On the other hand he was local, available and had a violent criminal record including a sex crime. And his name WAS ripper-and since i beleive theres a slightly better than 50/50 chance that the killer wrote the dear boss letter , its not insignificant imho. Plus he was described as pocked mark face which tallys with one of my least weak suspects, blotchy.

Comment

But you canīt question what you donīt know, can you? So instead of questioning, people like David add their own ideas to what they think is my theory and my data and then try to destroy that. And this is of course meaningless. You canīt generalize from one statement to the whole theory or from one source to all sources.

And I am starting to wonder why people here get so nervous about the fact that I think I have found the killer. Why the frustration? People have been trying to solve this case for 127 years. Wouldnīt it be much better to have a calm and intelligent discussion about important aspects of the murders instead of getting upset or frustrated?

Regards Pierre

Pierre
            Hello again Pierre,

There seem to be too many cross currents involved. You are upset because you feel you never gave sufficient information (nor ever intended to at this time, if ever) about the work you were on, and yet you feel that people like David are trying to break down what they are not in any position to understand.

I can follow that, but at the same time you have a little responsibility in setting up this situation, because (aside from little thngs you drop in your messages about the Lord Mayor and "Jack" or about a kind of "Tennyson" influence (sorry if that is not the exact terminology) referring indirectly to that awful play of his about Mary I, and the business of the position of Mary Kelly's hand resembling the portrait of Mary, Queen of Scots) and expect us to show huge interest when it causes a bit of growing frustration. Under that set of circumstances, David and others (including myself occasionally - sorry about that Pierre) hit back with some comments that may seem unfair.
            But the situation has just mushroomed this way as the parameters of your discussion are limited to begin with to whatever you feel is necessary.

I suspect you are seeking responses to these "minor points" to see if they fill in the aspects of the theory (sorry again to use that word) so that you are closer to certainty. The problem about that as an approach is that since none of us (only you) know what you aim for any responses given (even if they seemingly fit your ideas) are actually quite questionable. They may fit well, but turn out to have been unwittingly forced into the position you needed, and when looked at more closely turn out to be wrong.

I really don't know what to advise you - if you were seeking my advise. I keep hoping it all works out well enough for you to produce a final result that you are satisfied with. Out of that I can't say anything.

Best wishes,

Jeff

Comment

• Pierre's suspect is as good as anyone else's. So what if it takes a while to reveal. If his subject is wrong so what? If he's right - what's another year?

Comment

• Wtf

Oh yay, it's finally becoming fun...

GRAMPTON

Who dat???
                From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
                "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosemary View Post
                  Oh yay, it's finally becoming fun...

GRAMPTON

Who dat???
                  Grampton was Grumpy's well known ole fart head brother-in-law.

Comment

• I don't think it's in anyone's interests to discuss the Grampton Theory on a public forum.

Comment

• What theory?

Originally posted by Purkis View Post
                      I don't think it's in anyone's interests to discuss the Grampton Theory on a public forum.
                      Why? Those of us not in the know can hardly get anywhere without a first name, and I'm not in the know, certainly.
                      As for Crampton, he was reasonably famous and a baronet, but could not possibly have had anything to do with our subject of inquiry, having passed away in 1858. Wrong name, too.
                      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                      ---------------
                      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                      ---------------

Comment

• If "Grampton" is a code name for something similar, enter "Crampton" and "1888" into a good web browser. The results may be of interest.
                        I do not say more, as I don't really know things, I merely search for them.
                        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                        ---------------
                        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                        ---------------

Comment

• [QUOTE=Tom_Wescott;360718]Pierre doesn't have all the pieces. Let's keep it that way, if you catch my drift. Where grampton is concerned, mums the word. Everybody write that five times or as many times as it takes to sink in.

Where grampton is concerned, mums the word.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott[/QUO
                          Not happy I've had lots of pms over this from fellow members could you please refrain from mentioning grampton on here and save it for the grampton facebook page.
                          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Well I'm jiggered if I'm going to spend time looking for someone who may have been called Grampton or Crampton or Frampton or who may have been called something else entirely, and whose existence is apparently only being discussed because of some loose-tongued blunder somewhere along the line. As for Pierre, I can only wish him good luck with his theory if he ever publishes it.

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• I am really sorry and I do not wish to be disrespectful at all. However for weeks people have been having a go at Pierre for not saying a name.
                                Indeed there was even a spoof in the pub talk section.
                                Now suddenly we have the same from a respected group of posters.
                                Not only are they doing the very same thing. They are saying it's not in anyone's interest to even discuss their theory.

Some of the posts are almost coming across as if they are in fear.
                                Sorry is this all about Comercial interest of have they simply lost the plot

With the deepest regret this is becoming a complete farce and doing no good at all for this forum.
                                Regards to all

Comment

Working...
                                X