Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
    Hello Jeff.
    I was fixing the phone system for a divorce lawyer here in San Antonio. We started talking; and since i turned fanatic about the case a few mnths back, i found opportunity to bring it up. In 1888, this lawyer would have been a Liberal because he saw Jack the Ripper very matter-of-factly. The killer was a sexual deviant, nothing more or less.
    Anyways... He said that medical professors use a similar phrase when they are teaching new doctors how to analyze a problem. Fixing phone systems all day long, the saying spoke to my "trouble shooting" side.

All the best.
    Thanks for the background Robert. I actually heard it (as a piece of advice) from Jonathan Goodman about 1996 or so.

Haven't heard anyone else use the phrase (until now) before Jonathan used it or since.

Jeff

Comment

• Plot thickens

I have been quite vocal on the content of pierres postings from his original post and also onother threads.
      I stated quite clearly that i suspected that pierre is accually a existing member using a new user name via a v p n possibly.
      Now we have 1888 arriving to support pierre which just thickens the plot .
      I have never had a issue with pierres original post it is what the forum is here for. But what i have had issues with is the schoolboy teases that pierre puts into posts.
      I asked pierre why post at all if you were a year away from accually finding out if his theory was correct. His answer in the thread titled pierres research did not sastify me and was very evasive.
      However as the thread rolls on with 1888 possibly identifying pierres suspect and i would like to ask 1888 the following question.

Would you be willing to reveal who you think pierre has identified if pierre has not come forwarded and named him in a reasonable time scale of 8 weeks or so say 1/1/2016.
      Simple yes or no will suffice.

I struggle to understand why anyone weather a first time poster,lifelong member or even a lurker would post on the forum that they think they have found him but cant reveal who it is until a year later it just does not add up. No benifit to the researcher no benifit to the members .

Comment

• Originally posted by paul g View Post
        Would you be willing to reveal who you think pierre has identified if pierre has not come forwarded and named him in a reasonable time scale of 8 weeks or so say 1/1/2016.
        Why offer him such a timescale? Why can't he just do it today?

Comment

• I'm assuming '1888' is male.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
            You ain't seen the facts.

You are still convinced a gas lamp three doors down from Miller's Court would light the entrance

So which one do you prefer......the one in jail,in America,Scotland,hospital,etc.

They are just pathetic jokes.

Cross/Lechmere....crikey,what a laugh.
            Ah, yet another theorist who claims to have "the facts".

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Have plenty of facts.

Two records actually place Nichols,Eddowes/Conway and our Jack together in 1867.
              That information has been supplied to two Ripperologists,one of whom you have known for a long time.
              The other is well known and liked on this site.
              Awaiting replies.There is a lot to read and consider.

Worked out the gas lamp yet,after all these years?
              Only stirring.Appreciated your photo of Dorset Street.
              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                I'm assuming '1888' is male.
                I also doubt Pierre is Lucky enough to secure a female.
                My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                  Why offer him such a timescale? Why can't he just do it today?
                  That's the question isn't it.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

in my opinion all of these are the same person...pretty much all the 2015er's who are talking to himself. i calls it as i sees it

Comment

• Originally posted by EmaEm View Post
                      Why are you unable to write proper sentences and paragraphs? Is there something wrong with you? You come across as a complete fantasist, unedicated and unwell. Just incredibly sad.
                      says the one who can't spell.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Could be RE and his sidekick come to revenge casebook exposing the truth..but probably just a random nutter

Comment

• Originally posted by paul g View Post
                          I have been quite vocal on the content of pierres postings from his original post and also onother threads.
                          I stated quite clearly that i suspected that pierre is accually a existing member using a new user name via a v p n possibly.
                          Now we have 1888 arriving to support pierre which just thickens the plot .
                          I have never had a issue with pierres original post it is what the forum is here for. But what i have had issues with is the schoolboy teases that pierre puts into posts.
                          I asked pierre why post at all if you were a year away from accually finding out if his theory was correct. His answer in the thread titled pierres research did not sastify me and was very evasive.
                          However as the thread rolls on with 1888 possibly identifying pierres suspect and i would like to ask 1888 the following question.

I struggle to understand why anyone weather a first time poster,lifelong member or even a lurker would post on the forum that they think they have found him but cant reveal who it is until a year later it just does not add up. No benifit to the researcher no benifit to the members .

So well said. Unfortunately, as so often in life, we credit other people with our own standards of integrity, when in actual fact we have been over generous in making assumptions. In other words, be aware of spending too much of your time on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                            says the one who can't spell.
                            That was a typo, as you very well know. I also have arthritis in my fingers so I hope you now feel good about yourself. I also have an honours degree in English, and an MA in Victorian Studies. What do you have? A healthy err.....imagination?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Ha! Exactly, it's like shooting fish in a barrel on this site at the moment, the supply in never ending.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                                Have plenty of facts.

Two records actually place Nichols,Eddowes/Conway and our Jack together in 1867.
                                That information has been supplied to two Ripperologists,one of whom you have known for a long time.
                                The other is well known and liked on this site.
                                Awaiting replies.There is a lot to read and consider.
                                Unless you are choosing to play your cards close to your chest, it would appear you think that any man who happened to know two of the victims must be the killer?

Worked out the gas lamp yet,after all these years?
                                Only stirring.Appreciated your photo of Dorset Street.
                                There was no "working out" to do, the press located the lamp within 6ft of the passage, at a suitable height that light is cast "nearly" on to the passage.

"...within a yard or two to the entrance to the court is a wall lamp, the light from which is thrown nearly on to the passage."

As interesting as the photograph was, it doesn't help to locate the wall lamp with any more accuracy.
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X