I think I have found him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
    To suggest that the double event was planned is pure lunacy and to use this as evidence to name jack the ripper is just ....I'm lost for words I really am
    Well, yes and no. If it is done SUCCESSFULLY (i.e., the perpetrator avoids capture and identification) it might be due to skillful planning - though that the perpetrator wanted to do it is an example of a different type of lunacy connected to the perpetrator's personality. I actually can think of two groups of people who tried a double event (actually planned them) and came to sticky resolutions of events as a result, but they are not (despite fatalities involved) specifically murder cases.

They are both robberies in the old American west: the Northfield Raid of the James and Younger gangs on two banks in Northfield, Minnesota in 1876, which was a daring attempt by Jesse James to establish a new "high water mark" for his bank and train robbing gang, and the similar Coffeyville, Oklahoma two bank robbery planned by the Dalton Brothers gang in 1892. In both cases the results were shatteringly bad for the planners. James and his cousins the Youngers were used to people in southern towns and trains not getting involved while they robbed institutions like banks, but decided to rob the banks in Minnesota (possibly because former Carpetbagger governor Adelbert Ames was on the board of one of them) and discovered the northern residents would not stand for this and resisted them (blasting the gang members, killing some, and so injuring one of the Youngers that Cole Younger and his unhurt brother refused to abandon the hurt one and it split the unity of the James and Younger gangs permanently). The Daltons, some two decades later, were blasted by citizens in Coffeyville so that most of their gang was killed in the attempt. To this date nobody has ever successfully pulled off a two bank robbery anywhere that I have heard of.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
      Not remotely, Abby. I'm not joining in the game, in case you hadn't noticed. My attitude is that kids will be kids and nobody's getting hurt, so no harm done - except possibly to those who are showing off their abysmal reading and communication skills in the process.

That's fine, Abby. Nothing wrong with a bit of fun. I quite enjoy seeing people rush in to embarrass themselves on this thread - a bit like Dad dancing at weddings. If Pierre is one of them he's in jolly good company, isn't he?

Love,

Caz
      X
      he sure is

Comment

• Pierre Why do you believe people would be so upset by the revelation of your suspects identity. Isn't it possible that you may be overreacting somewhat? Is it that his identity upsets you? You also claim not to be a Ripper researcher so how did you come to "Ripper Territory" so to speak? What lead you here? Other research?

Comment

• Originally posted by belinda View Post
          Pierre Why do you believe people would be so upset by the revelation of your suspects identity.
          It's because his story needs a reason for him to hold back the non-existent name, and that's what he came up with.

RE: a deliberate double event. If the police had a good suspect, who wanted to throw suspicion off himself by pulling off a double event, and therefore making it look like more than one killer was on the loose, that might be an explanation for planning such a thing, but of course, the killer would not send a postcard about it to the police the next day. Not that he did, but can you imagine how he'd be fuming if someone ruined what was essentially the opposite of a copycat murder?

I'm leaning more and more toward "Stride was not a Ripper victim," myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
            To suggest that the double event was planned is pure lunacy and to use this as evidence to name jack the ripper is just ....I'm lost for words I really am
            Hi,

No wonder people can´t find Jack the Ripper if they can´t read.

If you refer to my research, what do you mean by "... and to use this as evidence to name jack the ripper ".

Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by belinda View Post
              Pierre Why do you believe people would be so upset by the revelation of your suspects identity. Isn't it possible that you may be overreacting somewhat? Is it that his identity upsets you? You also claim not to be a Ripper researcher so how did you come to "Ripper Territory" so to speak? What lead you here? Other research?
              Hi Belinda,

when you do actually find the ripper and if you do get evidence that this is the killer, you wouldn´t want to present this person to society. Who he was and why he did what he did puts forth the worst possible scenario.

Speculations and guessings are one thing, knowing who he was (if I will get to know that and not only think I have found him, as I have said) is another thing and especially if this is him.

How did I start researching the murders? I found an interesting piece of data. This led me to more data. The only book I have read is Sugden´s book.

Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post

How did I start researching the murders? I found an interesting piece of data. This led me to more data. The only book I have read is Sugden´s book.
                In my opinion you couldn't have a picked a better one. If Mr. Sugden was still around would you share your findings with him if he agreed to keep it to himself?

Comment

• Originally posted by RivkahChaya View Post
                  It's because his story needs a reason for him to hold back the non-existent name, and that's what he came up with.

RE: a deliberate double event. If the police had a good suspect, who wanted to throw suspicion off himself by pulling off a double event, and therefore making it look like more than one killer was on the loose, that might be an explanation for planning such a thing, but of course, the killer would not send a postcard about it to the police the next day. Not that he did, but can you imagine how he'd be fuming if someone ruined what was essentially the opposite of a copycat murder?

I'm leaning more and more toward "Stride was not a Ripper victim," myself.
                  Hi,

I have his name, the names of his relatives, his various adresses and texts he has written.

He didn´t want to give the police a false lead. He wanted them to come after him and he was proud of what he did.

Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by gnote View Post
                    In my opinion you couldn't have a picked a better one. If Mr. Sugden was still around would you share your findings with him if he agreed to keep it to himself?
                    Hi,

I would share my findings with everyone if I considered my research finished.

Pierre

Comment

• texts.

Texts,Did he have a mobile phone?

Seriously Pierre, everyone on here is entitled to post obviously that is what the forum is here for, to stimulate debate and to share ideas.
                      However I can;t see what you are or were hoping to achieve by your original post.
                      So far most of your posts on this thread I would describe as no more than a tease, little information and no further substance and responses that are akin to childhood schoolyard games.
                      Your quite welcome to prove me wrong but I wont hold my breath (certainly not for a year).

As previously stated my question in my previous post and so far not answered which is your prerogative to do so.

Why post the original post at all?

My view maybe others have the same view but my view for what it is worth.

You may through research have stumbled across a likely candidate to jack so decide to inform possibly the largest forum in the world on the subject of jack the ripper.
                      You offer the following...

Think I have found a candidate for Jack the ripper. However I can't tell you who I think it is, I can't tell you anything about him or her , I can't disclose nothing, absolutely nothing ziltch nada nothing nothing nothing.

Still remains

WALOS.

Comment

• ?????????????

I can assure you that I am not here to play cat and mouse with you. My reason for posting is simple. Having the knowledge I have is a very heavy burden, so I would like to reflect some of that here. I am not feeling lucky or happy with my findings. But I would also like to post to let people know that we might get evidence and that the case probably is not a hopeless one to solve.

I m ready to help you loosen the burden as I am sure others on the thread and forum have the same desire to assist you. Over to you Pierre what would you like to reveal first.

A name perhaps?
                        A reason for the killings?
                        Why the burden is so heavy?
                        How about why he left clues to his identity.?
                        What research you were doing that enabled you to come across a suspect?
                        Why no one will like the results perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by paul g View Post
                          I can assure you that I am not here to play cat and mouse with you. My reason for posting is simple. Having the knowledge I have is a very heavy burden, so I would like to reflect some of that here. I am not feeling lucky or happy with my findings. But I would also like to post to let people know that we might get evidence and that the case probably is not a hopeless one to solve.

I m ready to help you loosen the burden as I am sure others on the thread and forum have the same desire to assist you. Over to you Pierre what would you like to reveal first.

A name perhaps?
                          Or none of the above because I dont really have a suspect and am hear to play cat and mouse?
                          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• hey where's batman when you need him?

Comment

• Originally posted by paul g View Post

A name perhaps?

And I'm blowed how what Pierre has posted can in any way ease his burden.
                              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                                hey where's batman when you need him?
                                The poster or the action hero?
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X