Did the Seaside Home ID happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
    Further? No I use experts in support of my argument by quoting them.

The A to Z is created by three of the worlds experts

Yours Jeff
    Yes if you say so.

I have again read page 350 and no where does it say that there were specific files on the names in The MM. The authors infer that there were, but as I said earlier those names may not have been looked upon as suspects but simply persons of interest. So hence no suspect file containing there names.

After all MM did not agree with the Sun and Cutbush, and wrote the names of 4 persons of interest who could have been morel likely to have been the killer than Cutbush. He does not class them as suspects a big difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
      Surely their priority should have been bringing a murderer to justice, not appeasing his family.
      It’s about context, John. The Goulston Street message ought to have been preserved by way of photographs but wasn’t. Warren thought its content so incendiary that he ordered the text to be expunged.

The police came in for severe criticism over their handling of the Pizer affair. Not only Pizer but local Jews in general went about in real fear for their personal safety. All I am suggesting is that the Seaside Home identification becomes less problematic when viewed from the perspective that the authorities harboured genuine fears that an explosion of anti-Semitic violence was a realistic possibility. Given that this was certainly the case, it becomes easy to understand why investigators might have wished to organize a covert identification out of reach of the London press at a venue that was amenable to the Kosminski family. The last thing investigators would have wanted was a public accusation from the family relating to police bias against Aaron based on racial or religious grounds. At best this would have placed investigators in a very poor light. At worst it was a situation that could have escalated courtesy of the press and ended up with full-scale anti-Semitic rioting in the East End and beyond.

Comment

We are here in areas of speculation. But as background context we have an unpopular police force since in 1887 Warren turns the groups on crowds in Trafalgar square. There are genuine concerns about recession and the rise of radical anti establishment politics.
        Context is everything, Jeff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garry Wroe View Post
          It’s about context, John. The Goulston Street message ought to have been preserved by way of photographs but wasn’t. Warren thought its content so incendiary that he ordered the text to be expunged.

The police came in for severe criticism over their handling of the Pizer affair. Not only Pizer but local Jews in general went about in real fear for their personal safety. All I am suggesting is that the Seaside Home identification becomes less problematic when viewed from the perspective that the authorities harboured genuine fears that an explosion of anti-Semitic violence was a realistic possibility. Given that this was certainly the case, it becomes easy to understand why investigators might have wished to organize a covert identification out of reach of the London press at a venue that was amenable to the Kosminski family. The last thing investigators would have wanted was a public accusation from the family relating to police bias against Aaron based on racial or religious grounds. At best this would have placed investigators in a very poor light. At worst it was a situation that could have escalated courtesy of the press and ended up with full-scale anti-Semitic rioting in the East End and beyond.
          A piece of wall writing unbeneficial to the investigation V social disorder.

No brainer really.

Monty
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• I've decided to simplify what would probley have happened if the police wanted to try and I.D an inmate in an asylum who might well be a multiple murderer I've put it into a simple play format.
            SENIOR POLICEMAN.."hello we think one of your inmates might have brutally murdererd five women can we arrange to bring a witness to your asylum to see if we can obtain a positive identifacation"
            PERSON AT THE ASYLUM...."yes when you coming"
            SENIOR POLICEMAN....."we will be arriving as soon as possible thank you"
            Now while my creative juices are flowing I've written another play but this time the inmate is suspected of a petty crime so here we go.
            SENIOR POLICEMAN....."hello we think one of your inmates stole some spuds from the local market a while ago can we bring the stall holder to your asylum to try and arrange an identification.
            PERSON AT THE ASYLUM...."can't really help we are quite busy and its not the sort of thing we can do goodbye"
            SENIOR POLICEMAN....."oh well thank you anyway"
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
              But you are using them to further your argument !

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
              I'm not using anyone to further an argument…

And I'd very much doubt that Begg and Skinner would support my argument

I'm simply saying that in order to investigate the 'FACTS' of ripperology

'One requires a factual road map' as laid out in the A to Z..but also given by a number of greats including Don Rumblow and Stewart Evans..Citing, well 'FACTS'

Obvious;y there are many more up and comings.. But we inhabit a world where expert theorising and opinion matter…

That usually happens else where as the field expands..lots of interesting posts everywhere…'here' is an archaic medium

Yours Jef
              Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 05-20-2015, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Pinkmoon, you're a star,

Think you got your point across nicely there!

Amanda

Comment

• Originally posted by Garry Wroe View Post
                  Context is everything, Jeff.
                  Its assuring to know that at least one person understands that are talking 'HISTORY' and historical context…

So many people seem to think this is a modern murder inquiry

Its not.

Yours Jef

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                    A piece of wall writing unbeneficial to the investigation V social disorder.

No brainer really.

Monty
                    I think were agreeing here?

But can you be more specific instead of replying like your in a one to one with trevor Marriot? Your not!

THere are people here interest in you observations as you have more incite into 'Police' procedure (Given your receipt book) than many commentators.

Your Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Amanda View Post
                      Pinkmoon, you're a star,

Think you got your point across nicely there!

Amanda
                      I'm confused perhaps you can explain what his post added to the conversation?

Jx

Comment

I think were agreeing here?

But can you be more specific instead of replying like your in a one to one with trevor Marriot? Your not!

THere are people here interest in you observations as you have more incite into 'Police' procedure (Given your receipt book) than many commentators.

Your Jeff
                        No, not really Jeff,

However, Arnold would be fully aware of the writings true worth to an investigation, and its potential worth to a conviction. Clearly he weighed the options up, and decided the writing was not as important as its erasure.

Monty

PS And my insight is no greater than anyone elses.
                        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Jeff, you yourself are proposing a conspiracy and cover-up inside the Yard, one that deliberately excluded Macnaghten from knowing about the alleged identification of Kosminski.

What utter hypocrisy for you to decry others for doing the same.

Comment

• Hi Jeff.
                            The Graffiti contributes nothing to the investigation.

No-one knows who wrote it, nor when it was written. Anyone can 'guess' who or when, but the police need to 'know', because unless the provenance can stand up in a court of law then it is of no value.

The writing style tells us nothing.
                            The fingers control the characteristics of the letters when writing on paper, this is why we see idiosyncrasies, but in larger letters across a wall it is mostly the wrist that controls the movement.
                            Handwriting with chalk on a wall does not betray the same idiosyncrasies that writing on paper does, so analysis of the writing would be a waste of time.

The GSG held no value to the investigation.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                              No, not really Jeff,

However, Arnold would be fully aware of the writings true worth to an investigation, and its potential worth to a conviction. Clearly he weighed the options up, and decided the writing was not as important as its erasure.

Monty

PS And my insight is no greater than anyone elses.
                              Ok , we'll leave it at that.. its just disappointing because sometimes you need to put your self on the line about matters you have more knowledge about than others

Yours Jef

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan H View Post
                                Jeff, you yourself are proposing a conspiracy and cover-up inside the Yard, one that deliberately excluded Macnaghten from knowing about the alleged identification of Kosminski.

What utter hypocrisy for you to decry others for doing the same.
                                No , Ive been absolutely clear I've never proposed a conspiracy

That entails more than one person (Two people) getting together a conspiring to change reality..

I simply believe in the inevitability of **** up

Yours Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X