No announcement yet.

OK whos your favored suspect/s and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it not safe to assume that the police would have looked at Bury and discounted him as JTR?

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Only one suspect can be Jack though.
      Unless 'Jack' was a double act, or more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fernglas View Post
        Most definitely not! Just because you have Scheuklappen (blinkers) on when it comes to a crucial area of existing(!) evidence, the Ripper had provenly some medical skill, what he did at Mitre Square is something no amateur could pull off in near darkness, is no reason to stop writing about it. Besides, your phenomeninal politeness (Achtung, Irony is on) does nothing to endear me to follow your "advice".
        What is this cast iron proof the Ripper had medical skill?

Comment

• Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post
          Is it not safe to assume that the police would have looked at Bury and discounted him as JTR?
          Which Police force are you talking about? The Met? Dundee? Even if the police did look at Bury and discounted him does this rule him out as Jack?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickere View Post

Unless 'Jack' was a double act, or more.
            Very few serial killers are double acts though. Is this just wild speculation or have you any sort of proof Jack had an accomplice or two?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
              with alot of new posters i think its time again to take a toll. whos your favored suspect? ill start. hutch and blotchy. then Chapman, Bury, Koz, Kelly, and Lech. whats yours?
              The great unknown.

The vicious facial mutilations to Kelly make me think that was personal. For her murder I'm inclined towards Joseph Barnett - but I'd be hesitant to suggest him as being responsible for the others.
              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• And the vicious facial mutilations make me think it wasn't Kelly...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post

The great unknown.

The vicious facial mutilations to Kelly make me think that was personal. For her murder I'm inclined towards Joseph Barnett - but I'd be hesitant to suggest him as being responsible for the others.
                  Could be but what about the facial mutilations to Eddowes? I really don't see anything personal in Kelly's murder. More time equals more mutilations.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post

Could be but what about the facial mutilations to Eddowes? I really don't see anything personal in Kelly's murder. More time equals more mutilations.

c.d.
                    Fair point but Eddowes wasn't mutilated on anything like the same scale. Available time may have been, as you say, the determining factor but it may not. Amputation of the nose was punishment for adultery in some parts of the ancient world.
                    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• I'll admit I'm an amateur ripperologist. Although I have more doubts these days, for me Kosminski was and remains the most viable suspect. The Swanson marginalia cannot be entirely discounted. I also believe JtR either lived alone, which isn't likely, so had access to private dwellings of a sort... and... knew Whitechapel, not just well - but extremely well. Some I know feel Kosminski was too young at the time; but I tend to wonder if he looked older than his years due to his deteriorating mental and physical health - and especially if he abused alcohol - which is likely.
                      Last edited by Filby; 03-16-2023, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally I liked George Hutchinson as my prime suspect. Recently I've gravitated towards John Richardson. His testimony at the inquest just seems so suspicious to me. The one thing that strikes these days is how often cats' meats comes into the picture. The lady that lived next door to 29 Hanbury ran a cats' meat business and from what I understand the Nicholls murder took place close to where they slaughter horses. I believe one of the end markets for horse meat is in cats' meats. The prevailing theory is that the organs were taken for trophies or as some kind of weird kink. I wonder though if they were simply taken to be used in cats' meats. Did the Ripper go to Bucks Row to steal some horse meat but in the end opted for a more disturbing alternative? Did he go to Hanbury Street to steal from the cats' meat lady but when that fell through resorted to a human alternative? So in short my new favorite is an unnamed suspect using the organs for cats' meats.

Comment

• The need to tell lies was just a necessary part of getting through the day for many people in the East End. Rarely did any of the prostitutes give their true names, many people were wanted for rent arrears, or petty theft, or generally being in debt to someone for something.
                          I find some members link suspicious activity or telling lies to them being Jack the Ripper, the East End was the nearest thing to a den of iniquity, finding anyone who has never told a lie is likely impossible.
                          Personally, I find John Richardson's testimony quite acceptable, the points that some call suspicious have been easily explained.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indian Harry View Post
                            So in short my new favorite is an unnamed suspect using the organs for cats' meats.
                            Wouldn't want to meet that cat!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

Wouldn't want to meet that cat!
                              Here, kitty, kitty.
                              Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigma View Post

Here, kitty, kitty.
                                I believe it answered to the name of Fluffy.

Comment

Working...
                                X