Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marilyn
    replied
    OR door-to-door sales wasn't his true profession, as much as an opportunity. Come on guys!

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark J D View Post

"That joke about the Encyclopaedia Britannica​ gave me real fits​.
    Yours truly​,
    Jack the Retailer."
    lol good one!

Leave a comment:

• Mark J D
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    a group of murdering door to door salesmen
    "That joke about the Encyclopaedia Britannica​ gave me real fits​.
    Yours truly​,
    Jack the Retailer."

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by Marilyn View Post
    I don't need a favourite suspect as I know the killer/s. Only one of the group was always sunburned due to his profession. Even on the day he was murdered. Read "The Landlady" in December 2024. The casebook will close.
    Oh, and Mr Sunburn?...Merchant Salesman. Door-to-door traveller, but not the alpha.
    a group of murdering door to door salesmen led by Ma Landlady was jack the ripper? im not sure I can wait till December the anticipation is too much lol.

Leave a comment:

• Fiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Marilyn View Post
    Only one of the group was always sunburned due to his profession.
    A farmer? A sailor? A police constable? A carman? A coachman? A gardener? A groundskeeper? A soldier? A mudlark? A costermonger? A cats meat man? A shepherd? A beggar? A postman? A rag and bone man? A fisherman?

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post

For what it is worth I feel [ though no means positive ], that there may be a connection between Ada's attacker, Lawende's suspect and blotchy . I may be influenced by my instinct that blotchy is the ripper but I think sunburn and a red, ruddy face through drink or skin condition etc would be difficult to distinguish apart.
    Rosacea, can cover the face and appear like sunburn, but in some people develop a blotchy appearance. Rosacea is also most active in the colder months of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Marilyn
    replied
    I don't need a favourite suspect as I know the killer/s. Only one of the group was always sunburned due to his profession. Even on the day he was murdered. Read "The Landlady" in December 2024. The casebook will close.
    Oh, and Mr Sunburn?...Merchant Salesman. Door-to-door traveller, but not the alpha.
    Last edited by Marilyn; 03-24-2024, 07:19 AM. Reason: Added last line for those who posted above

Leave a comment:

• PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Fiver View Post

Because after a few days, sunburn fades to tan. A person with sunburn is someone who usually doesn't spend much time in the sun, but had recently been exposed to large amounts of it.

I remember being badly sunburnt and it took a long time even for the skin to start peeling.

And I did not get a tan.

Leave a comment:

• Fiver
    replied
    Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

What makes you think that a person with a sunburnt face didn't spend a lot of time in the sun?
    Because after a few days, sunburn fades to tan. A person with sunburn is someone who usually doesn't spend much time in the sun, but had recently been exposed to large amounts of it.

Leave a comment:

• PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Fiver View Post

Exactly. Whoever Mr Sunburn was, he probably wasn't someone who spent a lot of time in the sun -so he likely wasn't a sailor, farmer, soldier, or carman.

What makes you think that a person with a sunburnt face didn't spend a lot of time in the sun?

Leave a comment:

• Fiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Enigma View Post
    Given sailing times from sunny climes, would not the worst effects of sunburn have mostly healed upon arrival at port in London?
    Exactly. Whoever Mr Sunburn was, he probably wasn't someone who spent a lot of time in the sun -so he likely wasn't a sailor, farmer, soldier, or carman.

Leave a comment:

• Enigma
    replied
    Given sailing times from sunny climes, would not the worst effects of sunburn have mostly healed upon arrival at port in London?

Leave a comment:

• Darryl Kenyon
    replied

Why would an English farmer have had a sunburnt face in the month of March?
    People traveled for work in 1888 it was a fact of life [ Catherine , hop picking for instance ]. How do we know that someone hadn't gone abroad, saving a few shillings for the trip seeking work in sunnier climes during the barren months of winter in their profession, farmer or otherwise , coming back in spring.

Also sunburn on the face lasts for on average three to five days , perhaps a week , it can also make you feel ill .
    If Ada's attacker was sunburnt he must have been off the boat in the previous few days . And would a sailor get sunburnt anyway ? Perhaps, but sailors uniforms were worn to avoid the sun IE Loose fitting trousers , wide brimmed hats , neckerchief used for mopping up sweat etc Would a seasoned sailor not be used to avoiding sunburn ?

For what it is worth I feel [ though no means positive ], that there may be a connection between Ada's attacker, Lawende's suspect and blotchy . I may be influenced by my instinct that blotchy is the ripper but I think sunburn and a red, ruddy face through drink or skin condition etc would be difficult to distinguish apart.

Leave a comment:

• mpriestnall
    replied

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/grab-your-sunscreen-why-you-can-burn-so-easily-in-spring/349814

HTH?

Leave a comment:

• PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post

If a sailor could have worn it elsewhere for that purpose so also could a farmer , or anyone else for that matter

Last edited by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1; 07-04-2023, 07:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X