Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Francis Hermans - Update - Solid evidence of him being in vicinity of torso murders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Astatine211 View Post

Okay I've accessed the passenger list and if it's the same one he travelled from Liverpool to New York on 8th April 1891 and I was also able to find a photo of him.
    Carrie Brown was murdered in NY on April 24 1891.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	D4217374-9ADC-4302-B3E5-1D3E54CEA57D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	62.3 KB ID:	751218

I found this about Samuel, it's list him living with a Kate Marshall
      Incidentally, he was living at the Half Moon Inn in Kirdford at the time. John Marshall, Kate’s father, was the publican.

Comment

I think Kate Marshall might be a cousin to Samuel Hermans, so I am wrong about there being no blood relationship.

John Marshall's wife was Eliza Smith, and Hermans married a Emmeline Smith; there's two sisters with those names in Highclere, Hampshire in 1861. Her name is given as Emeline Smith, rather than Emmeline.

Eliza also died, so that must have left the daughter Kate to serve as Samuel's guardian while Bluebeard globetrotted.

John Marshall
        Male
        18 Apr 1861
        Highclere, Southampton, England
        John Marshal
        Eliza Smith
        item 4

Comment

The supposed Edinburgh wedding to DC and the Scottish POB on the census suggest there may have been some kind of a Scots connection. The census info might have come from the Marshalls who were unaware of Samuel’s French birth, but knew he had something Scottish in his background.

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
            I think Kate Marshall might be a cousin to Samuel Hermans, so I am wrong about there being no blood relationship.

John Marshall's wife was Eliza Smith, and Hermans married a Emmeline Smith; there's two sisters with those names in Highclere, Hampshire in 1861. Her name is given as Emeline Smith, rather than Emmeline.

Eliza also died, so that must have left the daughter Kate to serve as Samuel's guardian while Bluebeard globetrotted.

John Marshall
            Male
            18 Apr 1861
            John Marshal
            Eliza Smith
            item 4
            Pastor Bluebeard looking more and more intriguing. "you would say anything but your prayers".

Is there any evidence he was in the navy at any point? his son samual was in the military right? was that the navy??

Comment

so how many wives did Pastor Bluebeard have that died mysteriously?

Comment

John Marshall
                Male
                18 Apr 1861
                John Marshal
                Eliza Smith
                item 4
                Nice one, RJ. I saw the Smith maiden name for Kate’s mother, but didn’t twig that was also Emmeline’s.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                  The supposed Edinburgh wedding to DC and the Scottish POB on the census suggest there may have been some kind of a Scots connection. The census info might have come from the Marshalls who were unaware of Samuel’s French birth, but knew he had something Scottish in his background.
                  Comes up under Electoral Registers for Glasgow
                  Francis Hermans
                  48 Ularemont street
                  Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland
                  Glasgow
                  Missionary

Comment

A City Missionary would have been very much involved in saving ‘fallen’ women. And there would have been quite a few of those over in Rotherhithe.

In Spitalfields you’ll see the name Charles Pateman on dozens of Christchurch marriage certs He was a City Missionary who was instrumental in legalising many informal relationships among the doss house population.

One City Missionary was in contact with MJK I recall.

Comment

Nice one, RJ. I saw the Smith maiden name for Kate’s mother, but didn’t twig that was also Emmeline’s.
                      Just as long as no one suggest Emmeline Smith went by the name Emma.

Comment

Comes up under Electoral Registers for Glasgow
                        Francis Hermans
                        48 Ularemont street
                        Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland
                        Glasgow
                        Missionary
                        You’re on a roll, RJ.!

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                          so how many wives did Pastor Bluebeard have that died mysteriously?
                          Emmeline Smith - First known wife - Murdered 1889
                          Frank Hermans - First son with ES - Murdered 1889, 8 years old at death.
                          Bertha Wangen - Second known wife - Murder 1891 in Minnesota - Forced ingestion of ammonia - Lips corroded.
                          Bertha Wangen's child - Infant from another father - Murdered 1891
                          Caroline Crowley - Friend of Martha's - Disappeared 1892 - Potentially dismembered
                          Martha Elmira Lommen - Third known wife - Murdered 1893
                          Francis Hermans and Martha Elmira Lommen's child - Murdered 1893
                          Henrietta Clawson - Servant - Murdered 1895 - Dismembered
                          Annie Samuelson - Servant - Murdered 1896 - Dismembered

Comment

You’re on a roll, RJ.!
                            deleted

Comment

Emmeline Smith - First known wife - Murdered 1889
                              Frank Hermans - First son with ES - Murdered 1889, 8 years old at death.
                              Bertha Wangen - Second known wife - Murder 1891 in Minnesota - Forced ingestion of ammonia - Lips corroded.
                              Bertha Wangen's child - Infant from another father - Murdered 1891
                              Caroline Crowley - Friend of Martha's - Disappeared 1892 - Potentially dismembered
                              Martha Elmira Lommen - Third known wife - Murdered 1893
                              Francis Hermans and Martha Elmira Lommen's child - Murdered 1893
                              Henrietta Clawson - Servant - Murdered 1895 - Dismembered
                              Annie Samuelson - Servant - Murdered 1896 - Dismembered
                              woah pastor bluebeard is like chapman on steroids

Comment

I'm assuming his address in 1890/91 is 48 Claremont Street, Glasgow, not "Ularemont."

He was a Methodist in Salt Lake City, but there is/was a Presbyterian Church at 78 Claremont Street, Glasgow. "St. George's Tron Church," which is still holding services.

Maybe he wormed his way in.

Comment

Working...
                                X