No announcement yet.

Suspects Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They might be hot chicks with a jones for the Tomster, Wick.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
      Considering no theoretical analysis of Le Grand as the Ripper has yet been published...anywhere...and I haven't so much as started a thread discussing it, I'm at a loss as to how he has received 5 votes (well, 4, since I can explain my own vote!). I assure all that I possess only one Casebook account. If the other 4 individuals would like to PM or e-mail me, that would be much appreciated. I'm quite happy to see Le Grand kicking so much ass. Hopefully he'll soon overtake cricketboy.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
      One of them was me.

Sorry, that knock 20% off the "hot chicks" and "Jonesing for Tomsy" odds...
      “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Hi Magpie. It's been more than a decade since I've read the diary, but I do believe I recall that the author mentioned leaving 'her initials' at the Kelly scene, and of course Florence Maybrick's initials are 'FM', so unless I imagined all of this, I'd hardly call that shoe-horning on Harrison's part.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
        You are correct. My apologies to Ms Harrison.

I was thinking of the "I left it there for the fools but they will never find it. I was too clever. Left it in sight for all eyes to see." passage, and had forgotten the mention of the initials in the earlier poem.

Comment

Hi Magpie. Wow, I had no idea you had an interest in Le Grand. And, of course, I was joking about the hot chicks. No worries about diary thing.

So, what made you pick Le Grand, out of curiosity?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Magpie. Wow, I had no idea you had an interest in Le Grand. And, of course, I was joking about the hot chicks. No worries about diary thing.

So, what made you pick Le Grand, out of curiosity?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
            Wtf?!? I've only been pestering you for YEARS to finish your verdamnt book already!! Why did you think I threatened to stop off in Tulsa next year and take all your Kiss CD's hostage if you didn't finish the poxy thing?

Seriously, I know you think he's a viable suspect, I've read what you've contributed (publicly and privately) over the years, and I know that you aren't some halfwit dilettante who would commit to a suspect without any good reason to believe he was at least plausible. So on that basis, I'm pretty confident in adding Le Grand to my list of suspect worth looking at.
            Last edited by Magpie; 10-29-2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Also, Le Grand strikes me as a pretty nasty piece of work AND one of the classic (yet oddly overlooked in Ripperology) characteristics of a serial killer is the practice of insinuating themselves into the investigation of their own crimes--which may explains some of Le Grands actions.

Despite that being far more common in SK cases than taunting letters to the police, the letters seem to get all the face-time in Ripperology, while no-one seems to want to look at people who seemed eager to "help" for no compelling reason.

Comment

Hi Magpie,

You are quite right to observe that a number of killers have "inser(ted) themselves in the investigation of the own crimes", but I don't see this behavioural trait being "overlooked" so much as resisted by a vocal few for some inexplicable reason. There have been several persons of interest about whom it can be said that they injected themselves into the ripper investigation (Stephenson being another example), and I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of them received a few votes for the "other/unknown" option.

Regards,
                Ben
                Last edited by Ben; 10-29-2011, 04:32 PM.

Comment

I'm willing to bet my (snowboard) boots that the 4th person having voted for Le Grand is Abby Normal. Would be curious to know who the 5th person is. :-)

I'm shocked to see that Le Grand is #3 on this poll, but considering that he's preceded by Druitt makes it crystal clear that such polls are not to be taken seriously.
                  Last edited by mariab; 10-29-2011, 05:44 PM.
                  Best regards,
                  Maria

Comment

Originally posted by mariab View Post
                    I'm shocked to see that Le Grand is #3 on this poll, but considering that he's preceded by Druitt makes it crystal clear that such polls are not to be taken seriously.
                    Meaning what?, those who contributed are not qualified to give an opinion?
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by mariab View Post
                      I'm willing to bet my (snowboard) boots that the 4th person having voted for Le Grand is Abby Normal. Would be curious to know who the 5th person is. :-)

Actually, I respect the research and opinions of those supporting Le Grand and Druitt a tad bit more than your opinion.

Sincerely,

Mike
                      The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
                      http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Incidentally, I voted for Le Grand (plus two more, including “unknown local“), while I'm not ready to issue any statements on him as a suspect “on the record“, as I'm still researching him, with new results coming up almost every week.
                        As much as I respect and LIKE Jonathan Hainsworth and John Ruffels, Druitt is a total dead end.
                        Best regards,
                        Maria

Comment

Well, we agree on one thing, Druitt is dead -I believe in 1888- but's that's the only thing. The fact that you spout off absolutes when no one saw the murders is quite revealing.
                          The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
                          http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Interesting to find this poll from 2011. Look who’s on top.

Quote from Wickerman:

“Aha, there's a Dark Horse, ...Druitt. Still sitting as prime suspect yet no-one talks about him any more.

I'd have to conceed there was an unusual number of "well-dressed" men hovering around Stride, and Dorset St. for that matter, not forgetting Mrs Long's sighting.​

It’s easy to get nostalgic for for this kind of open-mindedness.
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
                            X