No announcement yet.

Who was 'Jack the Ripper' - the poll.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack the Ripper was a meat butcher. I've ruled out Sickert, Fagenbaum, Chapman and Maybrick.
    Last edited by kayfgibbs; 05-09-2009, 07:26 PM.

Comment

phew

case closed then!
      babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Originally posted by kayfgibbs View Post
        Jack the Ripper was a meat butcher.
        Hi kayfgibbs,

Have you got a name in mind?
        Butcher, or specifically cat meat butcher ?

Amitiés,
        David

Comment

If were offering guesses by Category rather than name, my bet is someone with a rudimentary but formal Anatomy Education. Someone with the basic knowledge... at that amateur level, but lacking the artful manner of a highly trained man.

Could be as some kind of apprentice or med student freshman.

I think only Pigs would offer the killer human-like configurations in terms of organs, and they wouldnt present the problems these women could. Which means... I believe that kind of formal education may have also helped him discover a way to knock them out quickly.

All the best.

Comment

I keep coming back to Francis Thompson, who spent time in medical training but ultimately failed to qualify and was known to be associating with the Eastend prostitutes at the time. Given his strongly religious if disturbed background and rejection by his prostitute lover he seems to tick all the boxes.

Comment

Hi All,

I've heard of doctors poisoning people. But out of interest, does anyone know of any butchers - or surgeons for that matter - who mutilated a human being?

(And I'm not talking about Joan Rivers's cosmetic surgeon. )

All the butchers I have ever come across have been extremely saucy, but not in a Saucy Jacky way.

Love,

Caz
              X
              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
              X