Favorite suspect/s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AmericanSherlock View Post

Most killers probably have to keep killing compulsively, but there is nothing to say that some, perhaps a fair majority do not. Particularly, if there was some stressor or trigger that was temporary and the killer's blood or sexual lust was satiated.
    Chikatilo comes to mind, I think he stopped when his circumstances changed. I can't remember if it was in his personal life or work life, or both, but it didn't last long before he returned to killing.
    So yes, there is a trigger involved, and maybe this trigger is different across a range of killers.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
      In some quarters Frances Coles was the last, in which case that would rule out Kosmsinski because at the time of her murder he was locked up.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
      Not in many though. And why the deescalation after Mary Jane Kelly?

Comment

• How do we measure deescalation when Annie Farmer was attacked 11 days after Kelly, then Mylett one month after that?
        It was another 6 months before McKenzie was attacked, so wouldn't any deescalation happen after Mylett, but not after Kelly?
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
          Not in many though. And why the deescalation after Mary Jane Kelly?
          "If it had not been for the Kelly woman,none of the murders would have happened".
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
            How do we measure deescalation when Annie Farmer was attacked 11 days after Kelly, then Mylett one month after that?
            It was another 6 months before McKenzie was attacked, so wouldn't any deescalation happen after Mylett, but not after Kelly?
            Not really no. You would expect any victims after Kelly to show more mutilation than Kelly unless there was an explanation as to why that wasn't the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
              Not really no. You would expect any victims after Kelly to show more mutilation than Kelly unless there was an explanation as to why that wasn't the case.
              We know(?) today that the attack on Farmer was not the Ripper, but the police didn't know that on the day it happened.
              The Mylett attack was queried as potentially a Ripper killing by those who did not buy the accidental death hypothesis.
              Mylett was attacked outside so we may have another interrupted attack, hence no mutilations.

In December, we still see requests for funding plain clothes officers, so there was no winding down before the end of the year. Though in mid January 1889 we see the first indications by Monro & Lushington by way of suggestions to begin reducing the number of men in plain clothes patrolling Whitechapel.

So the operation was not winding down after the Kelly murder, but only after the Mylett case.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                We know(?) today that the attack on Farmer was not the Ripper, but the police didn't know that on the day it happened.
                The Mylett attack was queried as potentially a Ripper killing by those who did not buy the accidental death hypothesis.
                Mylett was attacked outside so we may have another interrupted attack, hence no mutilations.

In December, we still see requests for funding plain clothes officers, so there was no winding down before the end of the year. Though in mid January 1889 we see the first indications by Monro & Lushington by way of suggestions to begin reducing the number of men in plain clothes patrolling Whitechapel.

So the operation was not winding down after the Kelly murder, but only after the Mylett case.
                I take your point Mylett may or may not have been a Ripper victim. However I'm not remotely convinced that any of the possible victims were Ripper victims. Although I do believe Ellen Bury was a Ripper victim as I believe WH Bury was the Ripper.

Comment

• You could always go with the police opinion that the mans mind "gave way" after the Kelly murder...or during it for that matter. Not that there is any evidence for that other than the unexplained carnage.

Did any of the suspects mental condition deteriorate after that date?
                  Michael Richards

Comment

• Cohen was on his way down. Kosminski was on the fringe.

Comment

• Sorry, Conehead was going down. Kosmincemeat was at the point of release.

Comment

Working...
                      X