No announcement yet.

Favorite suspect/s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Gareth. On the other hand, it might be fitting given that Dimshits sold dimcrack jewellery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      Ok thanks el.

Sorry if I’m repeating but when’s your new reveal? And what form is it in? Book, article, etc?

No problem Abby
      Fully interactive Ebook. Approx 1/3 discussion and analysis, 2/3 resources.
      Date, in the next few months. It was meant to be March, but these things happen.
      Self publishing so no deadlines to work to. When i am happy with it, its out. Also being in this format, any future updates or amendments will be availble at no additional charge after purchase.
      I will anounch it when done.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
        For what it's worth, Paul didn't give his evidence until a full two weeks after Mizen and Cross.
        And he was apparently extensively interview by the police before hand. It's highly unlikely that he was not asked about the incident, but of course we cannot konw.
        It is however interesting that on his apperance at the inquest, he is not asked about the exchange at all.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
          The impression I get is that Crossmere and Paul approached Mizen when he was distracted by the knocking-up and, with both being in a hurry, they spoke to him very briefly - just a couple of sentences - which he may have misheard. They walked on and perhaps Paul glanced over his shoulder and saw Mizen finishing the knocking-up that he'd started. Paul then assumed that he was going to do more and had a rant about it in his Press interview (perhaps the rant was also inspired by an already established anti-police sentiment on his part).
          All very possible Robert.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
            It's as good a transliteration of a name of Russian origin, as any. The original, written in Cyrillic as ДЫМШЫЦ, could be rendered as "Diemschutz" if one were to assume a German orthography, but that would - mistakenly, IMHO - give the impression that Dymshitz was a German. I discovered a while ago that most immigrants with that name came from Belarus - the Pinsk region, in particular.

Truth is, there is no "correct" way to render ДЫМШЫЦ in English, but there's certainly no "ie" or "schu" in it. I personally settled on Dymshitz because it looks better than "Dimshits" or "Dimshitz", which are other possible renderings of the name.
            Thanks for the info Gareth

Either way an unfortunate name.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
              No problem Abby
              Fully interactive Ebook. Approx 1/3 discussion and analysis, 2/3 resources.
              Date, in the next few months. It was meant to be March, but these things happen.
              Self publishing so no deadlines to work to. When i am happy with it, its out. Also being in this format, any future updates or amendments will be availble at no additional charge after purchase.
              I will anounch it when done.

Steve
              Is there going to be a documentary to follow with you in it walking around the East End whilst adopting a Swedish accent
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

The impression I get is that Crossmere and Paul approached Mizen when he was distracted by the knocking-up and, with both being in a hurry, they spoke to him very briefly - just a couple of sentences - which he may have misheard. They walked on and perhaps Paul glanced over his shoulder and saw Mizen finishing the knocking-up that he'd started. Paul then assumed that he was going to do more and had a rant about it in his Press interview (perhaps the rant was also inspired by an already established anti-police sentiment on his part).
                It came as a surprise to me Robert when i only fairly recently found out, on one of the threads, that ‘knocking up’ was a legitimate part of a Constable’s duties. Id always assumed that it was something that the Bobby did on receipt of a payment and that it would have been frowned upon by the senior officers.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                  If CL was guilty he couldnt have relied on the ‘good fortune’ of bumping into Polly without having to deviate from his route to work. If its suggested that he met her elsewhere why would he then bring her back to a spot that he (and very, very few others) passed 6 days a week at pretty much exactly the same time?
                  He wouldn't.

The argument goes that CL would have had a reason to be walking down Buck's Row if seen after Nichols had been butchered there. So he was in the best position to bluff his way out of trouble.

It doesn't seem to occur to Fisherman that CL wouldn't have risked being seen with Nichols in Buck's Row while she was still alive.

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                    Is there going to be a documentary to follow with you in it walking around the East End whilst adopting a Swedish accent
                    No, but there will be monthly tours, in my London accent.

Steve

Comment

Fish, English alert : over here to raise children can mean cooking their meals, washing their clothes etc but it can also mean earning the money to put food on their table and a roof over their heads.
                      And hours were loooong and the work often exhausting in those days. Most working family men would simply not have had the spare time, let alone the energy and the luxury to even think about squeezing in some killing for pleasure.

I'd be looking for someone with more leisure time and fewer responsibilities, weekends off, possibly a casual labourer, self employed or temporarily unemployed, probably a regular prostitute user and drinker - someone who could come and go with few questions asked. Lechmere seems like the opposite.

Love,

Caz
                      X

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                        The order of things for prostitutes was to secure punters where there was people around (the thoroughfares) and then to take them into alleys and back streets for the business itself.
                        So Lechmere was walking along Whitechapel Road, where Nichols approached him and took him to Buck's Row, which was on his normal route to work? And he was okay with that, was he?

Love,

Caz
                        X

Comment

The moment we identify serial killers with families - like Russell Williams, John Eric Armstrong, Peter Kurten etc - that point fails miserably. Robert Ressler said that the typical serial killer is a family man with a steady job and kids.

Why do you think he said that, Robert? What possible reson could he have had?

It is time to move away from Fairytale Street and into Logical Lane. Let´s look at the reality instead of our prejudices and misconceptions.
                          But did the above examples all have more leisure time, or more freedom, or more affluence perhaps, to indulge their evil cravings, than a hard-working carman in 1880s Whitechapel? I don't know, but it seems that serial killing has escalated since then, at least partly because the modern world enables more people to do more of what they fancy, for good and evil.

Love,

Caz
                          X

Comment

• Hi Michael

I'm not sure if I've got this right, but I think it was OK for officers to knock people up, but they weren't supposed to do it for money.

Since officers obviously couldn't walk around carrying a pole, maybe a row of houses had a pole propped up somewhere out of reach of thieves, but I haven't a clue where.

Comment

• Hi Caz

I think you're forgetting that Crossmere had the coolness, resourcefulness and energy of James Bond. When he was faced with the problem of dealing with Paul and Mizen he was stirred but not shaken.

He was the kind of chap who could do a murder before work, beat up the missus after work and not even break into a sweat.

Comment

Who says he brought her back there? He MAY have, but he may equally have found here there after her having served another punter. There can be no knowing.
                                I thought the missing eleven minutes between leaving home and attracting Paul's attention to his handiwork were crucial to your theory, Fish. Time spent by a killer looking for a victim, luring her, or allowing her to take him to the place of execution and doing the deed. If you regard it as equally possible that Nichols was served up on a plate to him, arranging her skirts in Buck's Row when he happened along on his way to work, you must have another explanation for your supposed time gap. Apologies if you have since posted this explanation. I'll get to it eventually!

Love,

Caz
                                X

Comment

Working...
                                X