• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierre
    replied
    [QUOTE=Elamarna;381801]
    Pierre

Were honour killings known in the uk at this time?
    Do you have any evidence of any having taken place in 1888 or prior to it that can be specifically said were honour killings?

Are you not taking the idea of honour killings/mutilations from Eastern cultures and applying it to a completely different culture which may not understand it.
    Hi Steve,

What do you mean by "in the UK"? In 1888 your country was an Empire and had been so for hundreds of years. The extension of it was vast. It contained Africa, America, Australia, Burma, Canada, Egypt, India and the West Indies.

And what do you mean by "a completely different culture"? All the men who lived and worked in the British Empire knew the cultures where they were living and working and raising families.

For hundreds of years the men in the British Empire learned about what you call "completely different culture". They were everywhere in the British Empire.

They were also in Whitechapel.

Regards, Pierre

Leave a comment:

• Elamarna
    replied
    Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    Hi Steve,

Of course I am not the author - of what ripperologic book? - since I told you this research area is new to me. So I suggest you use your time for better things. I am an honest person, Steve.

And about Tabram. Things have not changed at all, but I have no reason to think she was a victim of Jack the Ripper - she might have been - but merely placing her in a time period is not enough. There must be sources for every victim. So I have, as an hypothesis, excluded her.

Regards, Pierre

pierre

Has you can see, i did not think you were, however to be fair to others there are similarities. it only took 2 hours to know it was not you.

Have I mentioned Tabram? I believe people were asking about the 87 torso? if I have mentioned Tabram recently have forgotten.

s

Leave a comment:

• Pierre
    replied
    Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
    hi Debra and Jerry

having now read the book I will make the following comments:

1. There are major similarities between the theory in the book and what Pierre has said.

2. There are major differences between the book and what Pierre has said- mainly too many victims and social background to name but 2.

3. I am inclined to believe the Pierre is not the author.

regards

steve
    Hi Steve,

Of course I am not the author - of what ripperologic book? - since I told you this research area is new to me. So I suggest you use your time for better things. I am an honest person, Steve.

And about Tabram. Things have not changed at all, but I have no reason to think she was a victim of Jack the Ripper - she might have been - but merely placing her in a time period is not enough. There must be sources for every victim. So I have, as an hypothesis, excluded her.

Regards, Pierre

Leave a comment:

• Elamarna
    replied
    hi Debra and Jerry

having now read the book I will make the following comments:

1. There are major similarities between the theory in the book and what Pierre has said.

2. There are major differences between the book and what Pierre has said- mainly too many victims and social background to name but 2.

3. I am inclined to believe the Pierre is not the author.

regards

steve

Leave a comment:

• Debra A
    replied
    delete

Leave a comment:

• wigngown
    replied
    I'm intrigued Debra A. Can you PM me the books name please? I'd very much like to read it.

Best regards,

Leave a comment:

• wigngown
    replied
    Hi Craig,

I tend to agree but don't forget Peter Sutcliffe was married and still managed to clean up, at home, following the murders.

Best regards,

Leave a comment:

• Debra A
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
    And that was the most clever way you could come up with to bring up thst subject, debra? That was pm material, shame on you.
    What on earth are you blithering on about.

Leave a comment:

• Robert St Devil
    replied
    And that was the most clever way you could come up with to bring up thst subject, debra? That was pm material, shame on you.

Leave a comment:

• Elamarna
    replied
    Originally posted by Debra A View Post
    Apologies, Steve. I missed your post. Now you obviously know it is that one I had in mind and Jerry already mentioned.
    No point posting the title if Pierre did write it under another name and doesn't want to publicise it herself.
    Reading the book now, i can see similarities in theory. however have looked at posts over on JTRforums and don't see the match myself in style, but if you are posting under different persona’s i guess that might happen.

steve

Leave a comment:

• MysterySinger
    replied
    Pierre's a she? Oo-eck.

Leave a comment:

• Debra A
    replied
    Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
    Debra,

someone else said much the same some time back, would the book be a kindle edition priced at £2.86?

i have the title but obviously don't want to post it

steve
    Apologies, Steve. I missed your post. Now you obviously know it is that one I had in mind and Jerry already mentioned.
    No point posting the title if Pierre did write it under another name and doesn't want to publicise it herself.

Leave a comment:

• Bridewell
    replied
    The typical signature we see in the series 1888 is this type of signature. Nose cutting, mutilations of faces, disembowelling and - if you include the torso cases - cutting off heads. It is so clear and distinct that we can not miss it. It is his signature.
    A serial killer's signature is something he does every time with every victim. This is a series with different mutilations in each case, so I struggle to reach a conclusion that this amounts to an identifiable 'signature'.

Leave a comment:

• Elamarna
    replied
    Jerry

i was not sure if it was you who mentioned it.

will need to read it i guess.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Debra A
    replied
    Yes, we are on the same page, Jerry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X