What makes Druitt a viable suspect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
    71 to be exact , ''minor'' stroke in OCT 1887 to be more exact , had recovered by AUG 1888. and Abberline thought him important enough to question about the whitechapel murders . Thats all ill say about that .
    Listen to yourself.

Ok we will call him 71 and a half. By the life expectancy of that time a very old man.

The Times newspaper carried the following report on 30 January 1890:

“We regret to announce that Sir William Gull died at half past 12 yesterday at his residence, 74 Brook Street, London, from paralysis. Sir William was seized with a severe attack of paralysis just over two years ago while staying a Urrard, Killiecrankie, And never sufficiently recovered to resume his practice.”

So we deduct two years from the 29th January 1890 which gives Gull having a severe attack of paralysis just before January 1888. So serious that he couldn’t continue to practice.

The idea of him butchering prostitutes can be dismissed as obvious and quite embarrassing nonsense.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Can someone remind where we get the information that Abberline questioned Gull about the Whitechapel Murders please?
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Look everyone! And we have the rare and elusive Royal Conspiracist. thought to have gone extinct long ago. Shhhhhh, don’t scare it off. No flash please.

Comment

• unsubstantiated newspaper report , cant be verified unless you show the original article . could someone please post the article if it indeed exist .
          'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

• 9 years and nearly 8000 post and still searching , its a forum abby, everyone's allowed an opinion i could sit here all day and rip into how the likes of druitt , cutbush , kosminski cross, lechmere and all 200 other suspecst had nothing to do with jtr but i dont.
            'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

unsubstantiated newspaper report , cant be verified unless you show the original article . could someone please post the article if it indeed exist .
              It’s a The Times. Someone post the article please.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

9 years and nearly 8000 post and still searching , its a forum abby, everyone's allowed an opinion i could sit here all day and rip into how the likes of druitt , cutbush , kosminski cross, lechmere and all 200 other suspecst had nothing to do with jtr but i dont.
                I asked where the information came from that Abberline questioned Gull about the Whitechapel Murders.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

unsubstantiated newspaper report , cant be verified unless you show the original article . could someone please post the article if it indeed exist .
                  I don’t personally have access to newspaper archives but I’ve found this one from The Brisbane Courier 1890. The wording, when describing Gull’s illness, is the same as in The Times so I’d suggest that the BC took this from The Times.

The London Daily News, in an article announcing the death of Sir Wm. Gull, the eminent physician, gives the following sketch of his career:— ...
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                    Can someone remind where we get the information that Abberline questioned Gull about the Whitechapel Murders please?
                    Eh??
                    if there was such info I'm sure we would all be aware of it lol
                    You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

The medical information required to study the mutilations is not contained in the inquest record. It is only to be found in the post mortem examination notes. These are the "notes" Bond refers to when he writes, "I have seen the 'notes' only".
                      This is what Simon referred to in post 2625 above, where he wrote: "On 25th October 1888 Anderson sent Dr. Bond the medical evidence from four inquests: Polly Nichols, Annie Chapman, Elizabeth Stride and Catherine Eddowes."

"Medical Evidence" is the Autopsy record of the post mortem examination for each individual victim.
                      Utter nonsense

Try asking yoursef how on earth anybody could deduce what he's written in the report , including the two points I made clear to you without reading the inquest notes , as he was asked to do

If what you say is true he made so much up on a whim that it may as well have been written by Kosminsky

Comment

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post

Eh??
                        if there was such info I'm sure we would all be aware of it lol
                        In post #2665 Fishy said this in response to my saying that it was ludicrous that Gull could have been involved”

“I cant believe your so naive as to think that he couldn't have been .Detective Abberline thought him important enough to visit his residents , but then i doubt you even know about that”

The word residents is a mis-spelling of residence.

I have a feeling that Fishy is talking about the hoax Abberline Diaries?
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• What October has to with the wild estimation of the 3-4 hours ( which you have already tried to justify by saying that he only read the post mortem notes ) is anybody's guess as this occurs in the report dated Nov 10th .
                          He either read the inquest testimony before Nov 10th or he didn't.
                          Which do you want to hang your hat on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

In post #2665 Fishy said this in response to my saying that it was ludicrous that Gull could have been involved”

“I cant believe your so naive as to think that he couldn't have been .Detective Abberline thought him important enough to visit his residents , but then i doubt you even know about that”

The word residents is a mis-spelling of residence.

I have a feeling that Fishy is talking about the hoax Abberline Diaries?
                            aaaahhh
                            Could be but I suspect he might mean the Lees story ?

Comment

• Hi PhiltheBear,

Your idea of a Druitt-only thread would make it the shortest thread ever.

Regards,

Simon
                              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Hi Herlock,

Are you absolutely certain the Macnaghten Memorandum wasn't part of the wild conspiracy that never was you keep batting on about?

Regards,

Simon
                                Last edited by Simon Wood; 06-16-2019, 05:15 PM.
                                Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Working...
                                X