Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    Hi Herlock,

You're the one starting from the premise that there was a person known as Jack the Ripper who was responsible for the murders of five women.

However, once the mythical homicidal maniac had served its purpose, he could never be arrested, officially declared dead or otherwise identified. All he could do was slowly melt into the mists of time as mysteriously as he had first appeared.

Which is exactly what happened.

Are you certain it isn't you who is seeing something that isn't there?

Regards,

Simon
    Hi Simon,

But when faced with 5 murders from the same class of women, all with their throats cut, all except one having mutilations, all within two months and over a small area and all, except one, occurring in the street, then it’s not an unreasonable premise. We can’t simply say that it’s too obvious. Faced with this scenario then I’d suggest that the police would assume a common perpetrator every single time. It doesn't require any leaps of faith.

However, once the mythical homicidal maniac had served its purpose, he could never be arrested, officially declared dead or otherwise identified. All he could do was slowly melt into the mists of time as mysteriously as he had first appeared.

Which is exactly what happened
    Your simply describing a serial killer that evaded capture.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post

Evening Herlock

Unless you have a collection of people killing people in the same form to make it appear to be one killer .
      Similar with the torso murders .
      ...... or gangs calling cards
      Hello PS,

Then I’d have to ask how often in criminal history has that scenario occurred? There’s no evidence for it though.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

Well if the police in 1888 accepted that there was no Jack the Ripper because they knew that the letter that started it all of was a hoax, then hypothetically there was no Jack the Ripper, simply a killer or killers who killed in what could be described as ripper like fashion, and if you remove the term ripper, you are left with simply "a series of similar murders" all of which do have similarities and also dissimilarities.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
        The name isn’t really relevant. The term Green River Killer wasn’t invented by the killer but Gary Ridgway unfortunately existed.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

The cutting of a person throat in Victorian times was the main method used to kill a person. Unlike today when more people die from stab related injuries than by having their throats cut. So to caution should be excercised when linking them all together.

I belive that he evidence points to Chapman Eddowes and Nichols killed by the same hand. The evidence points to Kelly and Stride by different killers.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
          I would certainly add Kelly. We have a very obvious and plausible reason why her mutilations were more extensive. The chances of these murders being committed by different people must be virtually non-existent.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Hi Herlock,

What is the very obvious and plausible reason why her [Kelly's] mutilations were more extensive?

Regards,

Simon
            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
              Hi Herlock,

What is the very obvious and plausible reason why her [Kelly's] mutilations were more extensive?

Regards,

Simon
              Hello Simon,

Obviously you know what I’m about to say and have a response ready but I’ll go with it

Because the murder took place indoors with far less chance of the killer being disturbed.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• I suppose someone, anyone could start a thread entitled "There was no Jack the Ripper," or "There was no Serial Killer' but instead it is chosen to intervene on Suspect threads, police threads, everything EXCEPT a specialized thread to discuss the proposition. I don't know why that is. I suppose it is human nature. To just walk into a crowd of people, where everybody is and shout out "Hey look at me!" There was no Jack the Ripper. It's all moot what you're talking about." Heads turn and people get that deer in the headlights look.

This is obviously no longer a Druitt suspect thread. There has been an intervention. A railroading. Whatever you want to call it.

Roy
                Last edited by Roy Corduroy; 06-12-2019, 03:29 PM.
                Sink the Bismark

Comment

• I find the idea of "no jack" relevant to any suspect thread tbh. No railroading, just a interesting sideline to the main track (thread).

Comment

• Hi Roy,

I understand your hurt.

So—

On being dragged from the Thames, how was Druitt identified?

Regards,

Simon
                    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Possibly the cheques?
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Hello Simon,

Obviously you know what I’m about to say and have a response ready but I’ll go with it

Because the murder took place indoors with far less chance of the killer being disturbed.
                        Or Kelly could simply represent an escalation in violence: so-called lust murderers, such as Dahmer, are particularly prone to escalating. Or more than one perpetrator could have been involved: two killers working together is not unique, or even particularly rare. Or Kelly could have been murdered by someone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post

Or Kelly could simply represent an escalation in violence: so-called lust murderers, such as Dahmer, are particularly prone to escalating. Or more than one perpetrator could have been involved: two killers working together is not unique, or even particularly rare. Or Kelly could have been murdered by someone else.
                          There does appear to me to be an escalation. The problem is with me saying that John is that it sounds like I’m setting up the line - and it couldn’t have gotten much worse than Kelly therefore the killer committed suicide explaining the cessation of the murders.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

There does appear to me to be an escalation. The problem is with me saying that John is that it sounds like I’m setting up the line - and it couldn’t have gotten much worse than Kelly therefore the killer committed suicide explaining the cessation of the murders.
                            Hi Herlock

Never seen any argument for escalation after Chapman .
                            IF there was a 'lust' killer operating then surely , he enjoyed himself so much in the back yard of 29 ,he would choose broad daylight again ?
                            Striking at 1 and 1.40 in darkness he could never hope to match his previous high could he ?
                            You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Hello PS,

Then I’d have to ask how often in criminal history has that scenario occurred? There’s no evidence for it though.
                              The whole case is boiling over with incomparable incidence .

When have we known two serial killers operating on the same days in London.
                              When have we had a serial killer remove a kidney in darkness at the roadside .
                              Looking for comparables won't give us answers
                              You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Of course, the removal of an additional organ suggests Eddowes was an escalation from Chapman, although he would have been operating in poor lightning conditions and under severe time pressure, which would have strictly limited his activities, i.e. any further escalation.

We cannot of course assume that the killer "chose" to murder Eddowes at that time, particularly as he seemed like a fairly disorganized perpetrator: He may not have planned to kill that night at all, but Eddowes, being simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, triggered some primitive urge that he couldn't resist.

Comment

Working...
                                X