What makes Druitt a viable suspect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stacker View Post
    Druitt is known to have already had 3 different activities that he needed to balance his time with:

Job as Teacher
    Job as Barrister
    Player in Cricket

Thats right there is an extremely packed schedule that would leave him with almost no time leftover. There are only 24 hours a day, and only 7 days a week. There was no room in his schedule to fit murders such a long distance away from all the locations he was known to be in into his activities.
    Well that defence sure hold water, “Your honour I couldn’t have spent an hour or so to find and kill her, I was a busy man”.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

After further researching, I have no doubt that Alice Mackenzie was a Ripper Victim. Alice Mackenzie was killed by the Ripper several months after Druitt killed himself. Druitt was not the Ripper. Druitt was innocent. Case against Druitt closed.
      But is that the consensus, that Alice was Ripper victim?

Let alone a certainty.

because the flip side is if Montie was the ripper Alice wasn’t a Ripper victim.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Observer View Post

Again blood on his cuffs, in the heart of the Ripper murders, with a prostitute, and they let him go. Right, errrr, what silly policemen !
        I don't disagree, but I can't imagine a doctor being stuck for an explanation for why he has blood on his cuffs. Can you?
        I mean, it's not like you & me having blood on our cuffs. Part of any doctor's purview, isn't it?
        And, we don't know what reason he gave.

I mention Spicer's story because it's there. It isn't a case of believing what he says, it's more of staying aware that some stories exist that can't be explained.
        I equate Spicer's story with all those official memoirs where we can't prove their recollections one way or the other, but ignoring what they wrote is only self-serving and carries no weight.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Druitt is known to have already had 3 different activities that he needed to balance his time with:

Job as Teacher
          Job as Barrister
          Player in Cricket

Thats right there is an extremely packed schedule that would leave him with almost no time leftover. There are only 24 hours a day, and only 7 days a week. There was no room in his schedule to fit murders such a long distance away from all the locations he was known to be in into his activities.
          Oh there's always time for a spot of slumming in the East End Stacker, not to mention planning for the odd murder.

Comment

Streetwalkers abounded. To be fair the peak of the "depravity" stretched fro the late 18th Century, to mid 19th Century, but until they widened The Strand in 1902 it was still a notorious area. The point is there were areas where prostitutes were working within a short walking distance from KIngs Bench Walk. Why would Druitt need to rent a room in Whitechapel when there were potential victims near at hand to his Kings Bench Walk residence?
            Given the proclivity for gentlemen of class to cavort with the local nightlife. Perhaps he thought he might be recognized by fellow barristers around the Drury Lane area. Then again, how do we know he didn't?
            He just didn't kill in that area, but he may have used their services.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Job as Teacher
              Job as Barrister
              Player in Cricket

Can you provide timetables for all these activities, the one's you use to substantiate this argument?
              That would help, thanks.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

I don't disagree, but I can't imagine a doctor being stuck for an explanation for why he has blood on his cuffs. Can you?
                I mean, it's not like you & me having blood on our cuffs. Part of any doctor's purview, isn't it?
                And, we don't know what reason he gave.

I mention Spicer's story because it's there. It isn't a case of believing what he says, it's more of staying aware that some stories exist that can't be explained.
                I equate Spicer's story with all those official memoirs where we can't prove their recollections one way or the other, but ignoring what they wrote is only self-serving and carries no weight.
                I thought you said he only claimed to be a Doctor Wick.
                Last edited by Observer; 04-09-2019, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post

But is that the consensus, that Alice was Ripper victim?

Let alone a certainty.

because the flip side is if Montie was the ripper Alice wasn’t a Ripper victim.
                  Look at the MO, and injuries sustained, and then make your own judgement. Either way if you're a Druitt supporter you're going to rule Mackenzie out.

Comment

I thought you said he only claimed to be a Doctor Wick.
                    Indeed I did.
                    And, we're in no position to know whether he was or not. So how can we pass judgement when we know so little?
                    It's just a matter of being aware, Spicer told a story, was it true, or wasn't it?, if it was, how much embellishment was there, and how much was fact?
                    Can we really say with any certainty that this killer was heading home, or looking for victim number three?
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Given the proclivity for gentlemen of class to cavort with the local nightlife. Perhaps he thought he might be recognized by fellow barristers around the Drury Lane area. Then again, how do we know he didn't?
                      He just didn't kill in that area, but he may have used their services.
                      There wasn't any evidence of connection with regard to the Whitechapel victims. This seems to be a recurring theme with offenders of this type.

Comment

Indeed I did.
                        And, we're in no position to know whether he was or not. So how can we pass judgement when we know so little?
                        It's just a matter of being aware, Spicer told a story, was it true, or wasn't it?, if it was, how much embellishment was there, and how much was fact?
                        Can we really say with any certainty that this killer was heading home, or looking for victim number three?
                        Most definitely heading for "home". The Spicer story is just not believable.

Comment

Look at the MO, and injuries sustained, and then make your own judgement. Either way if you're a Druitt supporter you're going to rule Mackenzie out.
                          Dr Phillips conducted the autopsy didn't he, and he was not convinced it was a Ripper killing. All the abdominal cuts were superficial, or scratches at best.
                          The cuts around the throat, according to Phillips, indicated a left-handed killer, as opposed to the previous murder's where he was right-handed.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

There wasn't any evidence of connection with regard to the Whitechapel victims. This seems to be a recurring theme with offenders of this type.
                            True, but we know some of those women had been with men not long before they were killed. So what was meant by "no evidence of connection"?
                            Not all prostitutes risked penetration, they had other means to avoid pregnancy.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Dr Phillips conducted the autopsy didn't he, and he was not convinced it was a Ripper killing. All the abdominal cuts were superficial, or scratches at best.
                              The cuts around the throat, according to Phillips, indicated a left-handed killer, as opposed to the previous murder's where he was right-handed.
                              with regard to the cuts Philips said that most of them were superficial. The coroner also stated that

"There are various points that the doctor would rather reserve at this moment"

Some were obviously deeper than others.

I don't recall Philips commenting on whether the killer was right or left handed. I could be wrong though

However there were two cuts to the neck, sound familiar? A woman out at at night alone in the early hours found with her throat cut, her clothes drawn up to the neck. As I said, it depends where your loyalties lie when drawing a conclusion as to whether Mackenzie was a Ripper victim , or not

Comment

True, but we know some of those women had been with men not long before they were killed. So what was meant by "no evidence of connection"?
                                Not all prostitutes risked penetration, they had other means to avoid pregnancy.
                                Doctors evidence. No signs of semen at the crime scenes.

Comment

Working...
                                X