• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try again.

Keith
    Attached Files

Comment

Gloria
      I don't know whether this little snippet helps?

'ALFRED EDWARD PERREY.
      He came from Warrington, Lancashire.
      Born 20 Oct 1871 in ?Warrington, Lancs
      Died 14 Feb 1954 in Pretoria, /south /africa
      Married MARGARET CUTBUSH MEEK in Johannesburg (no date of birth for her or marriage date)
      Issue:
      ROWLAND EDWARD PERREY
      Born 21 May 1910 in Johannesburg, South Africa
      Died 12 Sept 1984 in South Africa
      VEE (PERREY) CHRISTIANE
      Born 18 Nov 1911 in Johannesburg, South Africa
      Died 15 May 2008 in Pretoria, South Africa'

Comment

British Settlers in Natal, 1824-1857: A Biographical Register - Page 68
        by Shelagh O'Byrne Spencer - KwaZulu-Natal (South Africa) - 1981

Dbn) Possibly he was the William Thomas [sie] Archer who married Mahalia Flood
        Cutbush Ward, d. of Josiah Ward* and his wife Clarissa (widow of JJ Meek). ...
        Snippet view - About this book - Add to my library - More editions

Comment

Welcome Keith, fascinating things you post here.
          Any info or pics on the Trapp connection would be most welcome.

Comment

Fascinating paintings, Keith.

I wish I could supply a portrait of Thomas Taylor Cutbush, but there's a problem : the artist had him sit for a picture, but after only a couple of minutes he looked up to find that TTC was on a ship bound for New Zealand. So it's rather a minimalist picture.

Comment

Debs, I have come across Horatio and Richard Cutbush on another site - you'd remember with a name like Horatio. No, no connexion made yet, but looking.
              Must give Jane Ann a wake up call... Did ask her to sus out some Meek info for me, but have not heard from her.
              Do like your signature,
              Glor

Comment

Keith, Fab protraits - have you found out which ?Edward /cutbush the first portrait was? And the other two... Must tell you that my sons mouth is not unlike the mouth of the second protrait, only less pronounced. /do these hang in your home?
                And thank you, I would love it if you would send me a GED file of the Cutbush tree that you have. I will compare it with what I have and we can go from there - is that o.k?
                Gloria

Comment

Perrey news

Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
                  Gloria
                  I don't know whether this little snippet helps?

'ALFRED EDWARD PERREY.
                  He came from Warrington, Lancashire.
                  Born 20 Oct 1871 in ?Warrington, Lancs
                  Died 14 Feb 1954 in Pretoria, /south /africa
                  Married MARGARET CUTBUSH MEEK in Johannesburg (no date of birth for her or marriage date)
                  Issue:
                  ROWLAND EDWARD PERREY
                  Born 21 May 1910 in Johannesburg, South Africa
                  Died 12 Sept 1984 in South Africa
                  VEE (PERREY) CHRISTIANE
                  Born 18 Nov 1911 in Johannesburg, South Africa
                  Died 15 May 2008 in Pretoria, South Africa'
                  Cap'n, That's really marvelous. How do you do it ???

That's my Grandfather alright, his wife Margaret, shame there are no dates, and of course I had my uncle Rowland and my very dearest Mothers dates.

As you have been so very clever, what about the MEEK family, there are a rake of them, and the ones from South Africa have quite interesting entries.

Glor

Comment

Cap'n,

Another thanks for the snippet of Archer/Ward info. I am getting a bit snowed in with info, but will chase it up as soon if not sooner.

Glor

Comment

Flood Merars connection

Originally posted by Gloria View Post
                      ...MATILDA CATHERINE MEARS b 1807 d 1829
                      married LUKE FLOOD CUTBUSH to whom I am a half 2nd great grand niece.
                      SARAH MEARS (no dates) married JOSEPH KINGSMILL to whom I am a 3rd cousin 3 x removed. Another SARAH MEARS b 1760 married THOMAS KINGSMILL to whom I am a 2nd cousin 4 x removed...
                      Hi Gloria
                      I know that this is off topic but I couldn't help but note your family connections! (Rev) Joseph and (Rev) Henry Kingsmill are my first cousins several times removed, Thomas an uncle similarly, noting that Sarah Mears was married to Joseph. This was his second marriage, with apparently no children from this latter marriage, his first wife being Margaret E Burt. His brother Henry married Ellen E Burt, who I presume is her sister. Thomas Kingsmill was their father and brother of my direct ancestor (another) Henry Kingsmill ('of Boris'). I don't know if this is the same Thomas to whom you refer. Their great grandfather was apparently Luke Flood. It looks as tho we are convoluted cousins of sorts! I was wondering if you had any more information on the Mears and Flood connection to the Kingsmill's?
                      Part of the tree at: http://www.users.on.net/~lamingtonch...merAbbott2.JPG (ignore the 'my father' comment as that was written by someone else)

Comment

Originally posted by Gloria View Post
                        ...MATILDA CATHERINE MEARS b 1807 d 1829
                        married LUKE FLOOD CUTBUSH to whom I am a half 2nd great grand niece.
                        SARAH MEARS (no dates) married JOSEPH KINGSMILL to whom I am a 3rd cousin 3 x removed. Another SARAH MEARS b 1760 married THOMAS KINGSMILL to whom I am a 2nd cousin 4 x removed...
                        Hi Gloria
                        I know that this is off topic but I couldn't help but note your family connections! (Rev) Joseph and (Rev) Henry Kingsmill are my first cousins several times removed, Thomas an uncle similarly, noting that Sarah Mears was married to Joseph. This was his second marriage, with apparently no children from this latter marriage, his first wife being Margaret E Burt. His brother Henry married Ellen E Burt, who I presume is her sister. Thomas Kingsmill was their father and brother of my direct ancestor (another) Henry Kingsmill ('of Boris'). I don't know if this is the same Thomas to whom you refer. Their great grandfather was apparently Luke Flood. It looks as tho we are convoluted cousins of sorts! I was wondering if you had any more information on the Mears and Flood connection to the Kingsmill's?
                        Part of the tree at: http://www.users.on.net/~lamingtonch...merAbbott2.JPG (ignore the 'my father' comment as that was written by someone else)

Comment

Gloria,

I have sent you a private message re GED file.

Keith

Comment

No worries, Gloria, always glad to help out.
                            Regarding 'Meeks'; was your South African family Presbyterian?
                            There is an interesting case from around the LVP in South Africa - Meek V Meek - where a Meek attempts to plead his own insanity in court.
                            I wonder what he did?

Comment

AP, did you get the letter?

Comment

Kingsmills/Flood/Mears

Originally posted by Gidget View Post
                                Hi Gloria
                                Hi, and very many thanks for the printout you sent me. It was very helpful. My printer is not too good at the moment on the greenish/blue colour, so it was not terribly clear.
                                I have three Thomas Kingsmills.
                                1.Thomas Kingsmill 1798 born in Ireland - 1818
                                2. Thomas Kingsmill 1762 - 1846 Died in Ireland married Jane Palmer
                                3. Thomas Kingsmill 1710 born Didmount, Hampshire - Died 1771 Eire

Parents of 1. = Thomas and Jane
                                2. = John and Eleanor
                                3. = William and ?

I don't have dates for Sarah Mears married to a Joseph Kingsmill whose parents were Thomas Kingsmill and Jane Palmer

Regarding Flood and Mears connections, this is what I have:

Henry Kingsmill 1700 - 1774 married Mary Ann Flood 1705 - ?
                                Joseph Kingsmill 1806 - 1866 married Sarah Mears (no dates)

If you can tell me what you need informationwise, I would be happy to sent it to you.

All the best,

Glor

Comment

Working...
                                X