• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post
    -Mentioned by top senior police oficers

Kosminski Yes, Bury No

The Baron

Yes, it’s noticeable how this is considered a plus point for Kosminski but not for Druitt. Who needs fairness?

Are you telling me Baron that you genuinely don’t understand the point that’s being made here? Firstly, no one (least of all me) is claiming that Bury was definitely the murderer. Even the two posters who favour Bury aren’t claiming that he was definitely the killer. All that they are saying is that it’s their opinion that he’s the best of the named suspects. Why does their opinion annoy you to such an extent that you’ll go to any length? I’m not even claiming that he was probably the murderer. The point that I’m trying to make (and I refuse to believe that you can’t understand this) is that we cannot dismiss Bury because we have no grounds for doing so apart from the opinions of individuals. There are almost no suspects that we can dismiss on factual grounds no matter how annoying it might be. Bury probably wasn’t the killer. I think it’s likeliest that the killer hadn’t been named but I don’t know this for a fact.

Do you feel that it’s so important for you to promote Kosminski that you feel the need to mock and deride others who favour other suspects? None of us know who the ripper was.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

-Mentally sick, solitary vices

Kosminski Yes, Bury No
      So one reason why you think Kosminski is a better suspect than Bury is that Kosminski masturbated, and Bury didn't?

Comment

-Mentioned by top senior police oficers

Kosminski Yes, Bury No

-Mentally sick, solitary vices

Kosminski Yes, Bury No

-Resident in Whitechapel

Kosminski Yes, Bury No

-Could have killed Mckenzie

Kosminski Yes, Bury No

-Hatred of prostitutes

Kosminski Yes, Bury No

-Identified by a witness

Kosminski Yes, Bury No

-Identified by a City PC

Kosminski Yes, Bury No

-Watched by the police day and night

Kosminski Yes, Bury No

Who needs irony when arguments are this easy to win

The Baron
        Hi Baron,

Please can you remind me of the evidence supporting the notion that Koz hated prostitutes?

I've no recollection of anything like this.

In Bury's case he married a prostitute, terrorised her and bled her dry financially.

He was certainly a misogynist (although whether he specifically hated prostitutes is open to debate).

Also IIRC there were reports of someone who sounded rather like Koz being kept under observation by the police, but no evidence that this person definitively was Koz.

Anyway, we know that Bury had a beard, and as Herlock pointed out it's pretty much inevitable that Koz (with his poor personal hygiene) would have had one too, so I thought on that basis both were now eliminated, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Hi Baron,

Please can you remind me of the evidence supporting the notion that Koz hated prostitutes?

I've no recollection of anything like this.

In Bury's case he married a prostitute, terrorised her and bled her dry financially.

He was certainly a misogynist (although whether he specifically hated prostitutes is open to debate).

Also IIRC there were reports of someone who sounded rather like Koz being kept under observation by the police, but no evidence that this person definitively was Koz.

Good day Ms Diddles

Thank you for your post, regarding Kosminski hating prostitutes the evidence came from the Macnaghten Memoranda:

"Kosminski -- a Polish Jew -- and resident in Whitechapel. This man became insane owing to many years indulgence in solitary vices. He had a great hatred of women, specially of the prostitute class, and had strong homicidal tendencies"

And in the Swanson Marginalia we have:

"On suspect's return to his brother's house in Whitechapel he was watched by police (City CID) by day and night. - Kosminski was the suspect"

Greetings to Scotland!

The Baron​
          Last edited by The Baron; 07-02-2024, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Good day Ms Diddles

Thank you for your post, regarding Kosminski hating prostitutes the evidence came from the Macnaghten Memoranda:

"Kosminski -- a Polish Jew -- and resident in Whitechapel. This man became insane owing to many years indulgence in solitary vices. He had a great hatred of women, specially of the prostitute class, and had strong homicidal tendencies"

"On suspect's return to his brother's house in Whitechapel he was watched by police (City CID) by day and night. - Kosminski was the suspect"

Greetings to Scotland!

The Baron​
            But I thought that Macnaghten was a liar that couldn’t be trusted? After all, when discussing Druitt you regularly mention that Mac got his age and profession wrong. So when is he trustworthy and when isn’t he?
            Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 07-02-2024, 09:02 AM.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Good day Ms Diddles

Greetings to Scotland!

The Baron​
              Ahhh ok!

We're going with the MM on this one then.

Thanks Baron and greetings from Scotland!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Ahhh ok!

We're going with the MM on this one then.

Thanks Baron and greetings from Scotland!

Hi Ms Diddles,

Macnaghten was probably reading the information about Kosminski from a file in front of him, he didn't bother to investigate even the man he personally favoured.

I am using the Memoranda in response to a those who value it.

The Baron
                Last edited by The Baron; 07-02-2024, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Hi Ms Diddles,

Macnaghten was probably reading the information about Kosminski from a file in front of him, he didn't bother to investigate even the man he personally favoured.

I am using the Memoranda in response to a those who value it.

The Baron
                  Then if you don’t value it you can eliminate the hatred of prostitute point. You can’t have it both ways Baron. What you’re saying is that we cannot rely on Macnaghten when he mentions Druitt but we can trust him when he said that Kosminski had a hatred of prostitutes.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Bury's odd behaviour after his 'supposed' killing of his wife is a huge stumbling block when it comes to his legitimacy as a ripper suspect. He doesn't strike one as a man used to getting away with murder

Different MO, different behaviour, different victimology, different place and with a beard!!!

The Baron

Comment

Working...
                    X