• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The remainder of what?

Comment

Mr B
      I'm not sure about the poster.
      he has a table of books - ask Russell for the superb new guide book he's stocking.
      The Princelet Street thing sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
        Mr B
        I'm not sure about the poster.
        Which one, there a few on here who worry me.

MrsB has released the credit card, and I was planning to spend a bob or two in Stanfords, but with your recommendation I will have a look at Russell's guide first.

Just for a laugh I may take a copy of Pat Cornwell's book to the counter and ask if he also sells non-fiction.

MrB
        Last edited by MrBarnett; 08-11-2014, 01:56 PM.

Comment

He has quite a few copies of Patricia Cornwell's book

Comment

A bin full? I bet he's selling them at the full price.

MrB
            Last edited by MrBarnett; 08-11-2014, 02:50 PM.

Comment

You will have to tell us - I didn't look.

Comment

Already got your signed first edition in pride of place on your bookshelf, no doubt.

Comment

I won my copy in a raffle at a Whitechapel Society meeting but I think it is a first edition. I confess I haven't read it yet.
                  But I'm not one of those who ritually heaps scorn on Patricia Cornwell. She is in my opinion well meaning and her involvement has greatly contributed to increase interest in this field.

Comment

No, I haven't read it either. I've formed my opinions second hand from Casebook. Not very fair, I admit, but having been convinced by Stephen Knight as a callow youth I am wary of anything Sickert related.

I do have a copy though, picked up for a few pence in a charity shop. Perhaps I should give it a go.

MrB

Comment

It's bloody closed!

Comment

Hi All! It's Case Closed for RE! At least for the Jack the Ripper shop! As I went by tonight RE was loading contents of the shop into a van. Shop now close, locked and the sign painted out. Requiescat in pace . .
                        Attached Files

Comment

very interesting! Has he no customers, no time any more, has made so much money he no longer needs to sell tatt? So many questions!

Comment

Maybe he sold out of Yo-Yos and Jelly Beans, or perhaps business is so good he is getting a bigger shop, or once people started to realise that his book was a load of BS and he hadn't solved a thing they stopped going there.
                            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                              Maybe he sold out of Yo-Yos and Jelly Beans, or perhaps business is so good he is getting a bigger shop, or once people started to realise that his book was a load of BS and he hadn't solved a thing they stopped going there.
                              I wonder whether a small Jack the Ripper exhibition/bookshop would be a viable proposition. I'm not sure the tackier stuff would really have been that much of a draw, but I can imagine a fair proportion of those who go on Ripper tours being interested enough to buy a book or DVD afterwards, particularly if there was an interesting little exhibition to see. Perhaps it would depend on whether tour guides would cooperate with the "gift shop at the end of the tour" scenario. I suppose they'd want their cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                                I wonder whether a small Jack the Ripper exhibition/bookshop would be a viable proposition. I'm not sure the tackier stuff would really have been that much of a draw, but I can imagine a fair proportion of those who go on Ripper tours being interested enough to buy a book or DVD afterwards, particularly if there was an interesting little exhibition to see. Perhaps it would depend on whether tour guides would cooperate with the "gift shop at the end of the tour" scenario. I suppose they'd want their cut.
                                Maybe their cut could be stocking their book or taking bookings for them and having brochures for their tours.
                                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X