A bump for the JtR Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bump for the JtR Map

The original thread I created for this map has broken links that I cannot edit (can we please be allowed to edit/delete posts/theads?)
    So I am creating this new thread. Hope that's okay, admin?)

A bump for the JtR map
    JtRMap
    I've added a few new locations and stuff and it's getting nice and detailed IMO.
    If anyone wants to collaborate (add/edit) they can request an editor role.

IMPORTANT
    If something is missing from the map and/or you want something added/edited/changed etc, please post on this forum thread and I will keep updating as the requests come in.
    Alternatively, I've created an annotations form that you might like to fill in:
    Form LINK

thanks
    (Mitre Square is looking a bit busy!)

Can you recommend locations that have photos available too?
    thanks again​
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Hi Richard,

Below are 5 more addresses that could be included on the map. I think that 3 of them are somewhat on the periphery, so it could be that they can't be included, but I'll go head and list them, and if they can't be included, then you can ignore them.

3 Spanby Road​ - William Bury's home
    36 Middlesex Street​ - Jacob Levy's home
    14 Albert Street, Kennington​ - William Cutbush's home
    217 Jubilee Street, Mile End​ - Hyam Hyams' home
    9 King's Bench Walk​ - Montague Druitt's law office

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis C View Post
      Hi Richard,

Below are 5 more addresses that could be included on the map. I think that 3 of them are somewhat on the periphery, so it could be that they can't be included, but I'll go head and list them, and if they can't be included, then you can ignore them.

3 Spanby Road​ - William Bury's home
      36 Middlesex Street​ - Jacob Levy's home
      14 Albert Street, Kennington​ - William Cutbush's home
      217 Jubilee Street, Mile End​ - Hyam Hyams' home
      9 King's Bench Walk​ - Montague Druitt's law office
      3 Spanby Road[/FONT]​ - William Bury's home (can't add - out of map range)
      36 Middlesex Street​ - Jacob Levy's home (added)
      14 Albert Street, Kennington​ - William Cutbush's home (can't add - out of map range)
      217 Jubilee Street, Mile End​ - Hyam Hyams' home (added)
      9 King's Bench Walk​ - Montague Druitt's law office (can't add - out of map range)​

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by richardh View Post

3 Spanby Road[/FONT]​ - William Bury's home (can't add - out of map range)
        36 Middlesex Street​ - Jacob Levy's home (added)
        14 Albert Street, Kennington​ - William Cutbush's home (can't add - out of map range)
        217 Jubilee Street, Mile End​ - Hyam Hyams' home (added)
        9 King's Bench Walk​ - Montague Druitt's law office (can't add - out of map range)​

Thanks
        You're welcome, and to correct my earlier post, that should be Thomas Cutbush, don't know why I said William. It worked out that he was one of the ones out of map range.

Comment

Thanks for this Richard. I noticed the old link was not working a few days ago and meant to say something but never got around to it.
          Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Sorry, edited to remove a double post.
            Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Try a search term in the map search and see if the map includes any results. If not, please add the search term here and then I can add the details to the map.
              thanks

Comment

The search function worked OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
                  The search function worked OK.
                  Yes, It works and returns results for your searches if there's something already on the map. Have a try searching for something that you would hope to be included on the map but is not there when you search for it.
                  If you discover something that should be on the map but isn't when searched for, please let me know and I can then add it.
                  thanks

Comment

Richard, this map is absolutely wonderful. Thank you for your hard work.

I've been lucky enough to have visited three times over the years and so I am getting progressively more familiar with things on the ground. Had I had this map, however, it would have saved me much time.

Oddly, just looking at random places on the map where I've walked around elicited an emotional, nostalgic, "I need to move there now" response.

Comment

That's an incredible piece of work. Absolutely fascinating how close Israel Lipski had lived to Dutfields Yard.

Comment

Also it helps in relation to some lesser well known sightings like that in Church Lane. Although that is only seen in one newspaper it looks like it makes perfect sense as a place to stop and clean hands before continuing on. On looking at the map it to me takes on far more significance now.

Comment

Well done Richard. That's great work. We can only imagine how much time and effort you put into producing the map, so thank you very much.

Comment

Bravo for your work!
                            I never tire of looking at this map.
                            I suggest adding two addresses:
                            • The Thomas Barry’s Waxworks Museum : 106 and 107 Whitechapel Road (Now 223 & 225 Whitechapel Road) where wax representations of Jack the Ripper's victims were exhibited in 1888-1889.
                            • 1884 Elephant Man exhibit : 123 Whitechapel Road (Now 259 Whitechapel Road).
                            Thanks.
                            “There had been a madness of murder in the air. Some red star had come too close to the earth…”
                            Oscar Wilde, The Portrait of Dorian Gray

Comment

Awesome piece of work, totally amazing.

Just one small point from me and I presume I've either missed something or it's irrelevant. The two routes marked as Lechmere's in red and yellow state 'multiple murder sites enroute to work.' However the red one passes two and the yellow only one. Why stated as multiple? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X