Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Me too!!!!

I have an outside table booked for Saturday for drinks and pizza with my partner and two of our friends.

I am beyond excited....!!!!
    I bet you are enjoy be safe and have fun do post some images!!

Comment

Originally posted by Christian View Post

White Heart yes so the story goes!!
      Frying pan-restaurant incredible!!
      Brilliant!

I've no idea when I'll make it down to London (hopefully towards the end of this year), but a curry in the Frying Pan after a wander round the Whitechapel pubs it is!

I will be sure to post pictures when it happens!!

Comment

I bet you are enjoy be safe and have fun do post some images!!
        Ha! I only have a two hour slot, and it's my first night out since September.

I will likely be entirely focused on throwing as many cold beers / G&T's down my neck as possible.

I suspect pics of this won't be pretty!!!!

But yeah, I will indeed have fun and be safe.

Hope you have a good one too whenever you finally get out and about!!

Comment

Brilliant!

I've no idea when I'll make it down to London (hopefully towards the end of this year), but a curry in the Frying Pan after a wander round the Whitechapel pubs it is!

I will be sure to post pictures when it happens!!
          Fantastic hopefully get to east end this summer!!

Comment

The Bricklayers arms still standing now converted to flats is on Settles Street
            Princess Alice/City Darts on Commercial Street still a pub
            Ten Bells
            Frying Pan Thrawl Street now Indian restaurant
            White Heart Whitechapel High Street still a pub
            Queens Head Fashion Street now gallery coffee cafe
            All these buildings are still standing and importance regarding the case! Been 3 years since I visited the east end life moves fast in London sure there are many more pubs still standing these are off top of my head hope it helps
            Thank You for posting it's Interesting to see many of these businesses are still around

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
              Hello Christian,

I can't remember. Does the Ten Bells play up its Ripper heritage or discourage it?

c.d.
              I'm not from the country or area but the website for the Ten Bells, I only skimmed through it so I may have missed it, but so far as I can see there's no mention of the Ripper at all. The site just says it's "steeped in history"

Comment

That's brilliant!

Many thanks for that, Christian!

Am I correct in thinking that the White Hart on Whitechapel Rd is the one which George Chapman managed?

I'm thinking a couple of drinks in the Ten Bells, onto the White Hart then follow up with a curry in the old Frying Pan......!!!

Have you ever eaten in there?

If so, is it any good?
                https://www.jack-the-ripper-tour.com...hite-hart-pub/ it's still there
                Last edited by clark2710; 04-26-2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

If I recall correctly the Ten Bells was previously called the Jack The Ripper to cash in on it's history.

It received a lot of negative publicity as this was rather exploitative and in poor taste.

It's my understanding that the name was eventually changed back to the Ten Bells, and I'm sure that I read on a thread somewhere on here that the staff are now reluctant to encourage the Ripper connection.

Comment

Originally posted by clark2710 View Post

Took a screenshot for you it's still there
                    Thanks, Clark!

Comment

For those going pub hopping when things open please post pics and updates

Comment

If I recall correctly the Ten Bells was previously called the Jack The Ripper to cash in on it's history.

It received a lot of negative publicity as this was rather exploitative and in poor taste.

It's my understanding that the name was eventually changed back to the Ten Bells, and I'm sure that I read on a thread somewhere on here that the staff are now reluctant to encourage the Ripper connection.
                        Thanks. Yes, it was my understanding is that the Ripper connection is now discouraged.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by clark2710 View Post
                          For those going pub hopping when things open please post pics and updates
                          Pub hopping? It's called a 'crawl' for a reason. To quote The Pogues, "I'll walk in on my feet, and leave there on my back"!
                          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Pub hopping? It's called a 'crawl' for a reason. To quote The Pogues, "I'll walk in on my feet, and leave there on my back"!
                            A pithy lyric to be sure but nothing says it better than "we ain't leavin' till were heavin'"

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

A pithy lyric to be sure but nothing says it better than "we ain't leavin' till were heavin'"

c.d.
                              there was a fraternity house very close to the main bar called the Vous (pronounced Voo-short for Rendevous ) in college park at UMD and their saying was-52 steps to the Vous, 152 on the way back. lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

As in "I was walking home when someone stepped on my hands".
                                My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Working...
                                X