This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by K-453 View Post
    Here are some photographs of C. A. Mathews, and modern counterparts. (Blog entries from 21. and 20. April 2012)

http://spitalfieldslife.com/
    That is the prettiest cemetery, loved looking at those photos. Hard to believe it's really in the heart of London.

Comment

• Kings Cross Station

I know this isnt a direct marry with our case and its ultra modern but I just thought id point and click my phone and that you may like to see the new canopy that covers the new kings cross ticketing hall.....
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Barro View Post
        I know this isnt a direct marry with our case and its ultra modern but I just thought id point and click my phone and that you may like to see the new canopy that covers the new kings cross ticketing hall.....
        If I have repeated some of these pics then it only goes to show......

" I make a mean "Screwdriver"(for my brothers across the pond) and I am caning the Vodka and Orange (for my brothers here in the uk).

Hope you like anyway.....

HWH
        Attached Files

Comment

• "Hic"

Comment

If I have repeated some of these pics then it only goes to show......

" I make a mean "Screwdriver"(for my brothers across the pond) and I am caning the Vodka and Orange (for my brothers here in the uk).

Hope you like anyway.....

HWH
            Hey Drummond St......I forgot about you with this post......whats your memories of Kings Cross......love to hear them !

HWH
            Last edited by Barro; 04-23-2012, 04:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
              That is the prettiest cemetery, loved looking at those photos. Hard to believe it's really in the heart of London.
              What a fantastic post (the link)....I didnt see it.

I walk those walks....in the bars, buildings and restaurants......looking at those pictures......not once do I stand on those spots and take thought of the actual people that stood, worked, begged and died .....

"someones done all this before me".......

I,ll be thinking again..........

Very thought provoking post for someone that lives here and takes it all as normal everyday tedium !!

HWH

Comment

walking back to sessions (clerkenwell).
                I love these pictures, especially the rainy street one.

Are these locations any place where Jack may have walked?

Comment

• Clerkenwell

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                  I love these pictures, especially the rainy street one.

Are these locations any place where Jack may have walked?
                  Hello "B".......

I wouldnt know if Jack had reason to be in this area but alot of our policemen in the case and a lot of the "Legal Eagles" gave evidence in cases or attended dinners at the Middlesex Sessions Courthouse which is just across the road.

Comment

• Hey Drummond St......I forgot about you with this post......whats your memories of Kings Cross......love to hear them !

Funny that you mentioned that just as I was trying to picture what the old King's Cross looked like. In fact, I barely recognized it from the photos you posted. If I remember it correctly, it felt like a very well-preserved, old Victorian street (or market perhaps.) Quite beautiful --like I was stepping back in time to the late 19th Century. With the new canopy, it seems to have lost a bit of its "Old World" feel. The canopy does look amazing, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                      I agree. This is definitely on my "Places to Go" list next time I'm in the East End.

Regards, Bridewell.
                      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Funny that you mentioned that just as I was trying to picture what the old King's Cross looked like. In fact, I barely recognized it from the photos you posted. If I remember it correctly, it felt like a very well-preserved, old Victorian street (or market perhaps.) Quite beautiful --like I was stepping back in time to the late 19th Century. With the new canopy, it seems to have lost a bit of its "Old World" feel. The canopy does look amazing, however.
                        You know, I think I might be remembering a different station. Possibly Waterloo? I wish I could find an online photo of the station that I'm trying to remember but the closest that I've come is one that might be incorrectly labelled as "Euston."

Comment

• Originally posted by DrummondStreet View Post
                          You know, I think I might be remembering a different station. Possibly Waterloo? I wish I could find an online photo of the station that I'm trying to remember but the closest that I've come is one that might be incorrectly labelled as "Euston."
                          I think you maybe on the right track but mistaking Kings Cross with St Pancras which is next door.....heres a couple to jog the cells.....
                          Attached Files

Comment

• St Pancras is absolutely gorgeous, but it is the interior concourse of a specific station that I'm trying to remember. Truth be told, many of the London stations have concourses with Victorian features, but one in particular sticks out in my mind and I just can't find it This is driving me nuts trying to remember.

In my search I learned that Euston station used to be an absolute masterpiece, but it was demolished in the 1960s. As its replacement, we were given the grimy eyesore that we use today.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrummondStreet View Post
                              St Pancras is absolutely gorgeous, but it is the interior concourse of a specific station that I'm trying to remember. Truth be told, many of the London stations have concourses with Victorian features, but one in particular sticks out in my mind and I just can't find it This is driving me nuts trying to remember.

In my search I learned that Euston station used to be an absolute masterpiece, but it was demolished in the 1960s. As its replacement, we were given the grimy eyesore that we use today.
                              if that didnt do it....then the old kingscross concourse you remember is the one in question......its behind the new facade.........grimy eyesores are now on every corner here Drummond.......the old a historically stylish makes way for the new build cardboard boxes that pay.........if you live in or buyone....."pray" .......its sad.

Comment

• Hi Barro --sent you a couple PMs. I think you are right about King's Cross. The following link reveals a photo labelled as "Euston Station," but might it actually be the old King's Cross? It has been years, so my recollection gets easily confused. Thanks.

Euston Train Station is located north of the London city centre near Regent's Park. The station serves points to the north of London.

Comment

Working...
                                X