Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did Scotland Yard do with the piece of apron from C.Eddowes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting

Originally posted by Sister Hyde View Post
    well i took enough of these in the head to know that it's very unpleasant, especially when you're not expecting it. but it still makes me laugh to see it happen to others.
    But if you weren't expecting it you obviously were not paying attention to what the teacher was doing - which means that in reality you should have expected a board rubber off the 'noggin!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
      But if you weren't expecting it you obviously were not paying attention to what the teacher was doing - which means that in reality you should have expected a board rubber off the 'noggin!
      ahahah yes, i was just bored of studying the exact same programs and exact same books year after year after year... the french national education is lousy on that field, it changed when i finally reached university and decided what i wanted to study myself

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
        ....you should have expected a board rubber off the 'noggin!
        Can you imagine them getting away with that today?
        We had this teacher, Mrs Andrews, who had small pieces of mirror glued onto the back of the 'wings' on her glasses. She'd be facing the blackboard one second then spin around and hurle that blasted thing clean across the room, didn't care if she missed.
        Those wooden blackboard erasers made for heavy missiles..

(then she'd expect the poor victim to bring it back to her, like sure Miss, so you can hurle it again!!!,... my names Tucker not sucker!!!)

Anyway, back to topic..
        Why would Scotland yard have the apron, wasn't it City property?
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
          Anyway, back to topic..
          Why would Scotland yard have the apron, wasn't it City property?
          Well if they did have it, then it becomes a piece of evidence in in a murder case, so it would be more logical that they would have it

Comment

Police Normality

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
            Hi there, NOV9's friend

The piece of Catherine Eddowes' apron is apparently no longer in the possession of the police, unfortunately. Yes, I know, another lost piece of evidence.

Chris
            It would seem that with all of the evidence, and paper trail that has been"lost,stolen,misappropriated" that it only shows a typical police force not unlike those seen today. I have found it interesting that this practice of evidence being no longer available goes back century after century, but has always been a source of cover up as well. I guess that would make it the 'Blue Bottle Wall'.
            It is not in the heart that hate begins but in the mind of those that seek the revenge of creation. Darrel Derek Stieben

Comment

The bloody napron

Well after 124 years would you really expect it to survive (especially as JtR was just another dead case for forty years or so) ?

Furthermore, if it were in City Police possession, then with the Blitz, there's every reason to understand why it might've perished!

What would it've told us anyway? Fingerprints? (Oh yeah? Whose?) Contact DNA? What, after 124 years of cross-contamination? (Note, that's not Lechmere-contamination )...

All the best

Dave

Comment

Police & Evidence

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                Well after 124 years would you really expect it to survive (especially as JtR was just another dead case for forty years or so) ?

Furthermore, if it were in City Police possession, then with the Blitz, there's every reason to understand why it might've perished!

What would it've told us anyway? Fingerprints? (Oh yeah? Whose?) Contact DNA? What, after 124 years of cross-contamination? (Note, that's not Lechmere-contamination )...

All the best

Dave
                Exactly so, Dave. The police service has enough to contend with in safeguarding exhibits relevant to current investigations, without attempting to find room for those related to a murder enquiry from well over a century ago.

The previous poster may like to consider that much of the material we do still have survives only as a result of the diligence of former police officers such as Don Rumbelow and Stewart Evans.

Regards, Bridewell.
                I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
                X