The could be knife Thomas Coram found on October the 1st 1888

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by niko View Post
    I supose Karen's translation of the paragraph is correct, if so, the article discribes a long sharp carving knife with a black hilt. This last mentioned is what interests me "the same discription as the knife I found".
    Agur,

If i remember correctly, the knife you are talking about was covered in rust and was ruled out as a possible murder weapon. In fact, it was said something like in now way could this have been the weapon. I'm not talking about the one in your possession. I'm referring to teh one you mentioned.

If I can find where I read this, I'll post it for you.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

• Hi Mike, my name is Niko, agur mean's "bye" in Basque je,je it will very interesting to read about the "rusty knife" thankyou, I've always read that the knife Thomas Coram found was covered in blood, I supose it could of been rusty. The knife I have I think is the knife Coram found in 1888, I know that the police think and thought that the Coram knife was not the murder weapon but what makes them so sure ! But what I'm trying to prove is that I think I have the Corom knife.

This is a bit from Strides inquest regarding if the Coram knife could have been the murder weapon-

The Coroner- Is it such as knife as could have caused the injuries which were inflicted upon the deceased ?

Dr. Phillips- Such a knife could have produced the incisions and injuries to the neck, but is not such a weapon as I should have fixed upon a causing the injuries in this case.

So Dr. Phillips said it "could" of been the murder weapon but was not of his choice, all the best, agur.

niko

Comment

• getting the point

Hello Niko. Quite right.

Why do you think the Coram knife was not Bagster's choice? What was the problem with it?

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
          Hello Niko. Quite right.

Why do you think the Coram knife was not Bagster's choice? What was the problem with it?

Cheers.
          LC
          Hi Lynn, from what I've read in different places on why Dr. Phillips thought the Coram knife was'nt the murder weapon are for example - "he would not of chose such a cumbersome weapon to commit the crimes" and also that "the tip of the knife was blunt or rounded off" and ofcourse "the blade edge was blunt and turned" BUT ! he also say's that the Coram knife "could of inflicted the wound's to the victim's" OR did he not say this ?

Lynn my priorority is to prove that the knife I possess is the knife that Thomas Coram found along the Whitechapel Road in 1888 and not proving it's the Ripper's weapon ! all the best,agur.

niko

Comment

• rejection

Hello Niko. If I recall properly, Bagster was concerned with the length of knife and small room in which to operate.

Good luck in your endeavour.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
              Hello Niko. If I recall properly, Bagster was concerned with the length of knife and small room in which to operate.

Good luck in your endeavour.

Cheers.
              LC
              Hi Lynn, "fairs fair" he said that too ! all the best,agur.

niko

Comment

• Fallen horse.

Hi everyone, reading about "horse and buggy" on another thread it reminded me about something that always has baffled me, it is the episode where p.c Joseph Drage claim's that he had helped a horse that fell down to get up. I wonder if this horse was pulling a cart or carriage ? to need help I supose the horse was pulling something.I wonder if p.c Drage took the horses owner's name down or asked him what he was doing out, or where he was coming from, "I supose not".

Here goes my imagination again !
                Could the horse owner of ordered the horse to fall, this attracting p.c Drage's attention whilst someone else placed the twelve inch bladed knife on the doorstep of Mrs Christmas laundry at 253 Whitechapel road, "I supose not" BUT not impossible.

I found this next article on casebook-

Police Constable Joseph William Drage, 282 H

Witness at Elisabeth Stride's inquest.

P.C Drage had not seen the knife previouesly, dispite having passed the spot continually. A little earlier a horse had fallen nearby and he helped to lift it on to it's feet. He said it was possible that the knife had been deposited at this time. He could not be sure if the knife had been there fifteen minutes previously, but was sure it had not been there an hour before as he had seen the landlady of the premises let a woman out and it would most certainly have been seen then.

I think that there were more horse and cart's circulating late at night at the time of the murder's than we intend to think, all the best, agur.

niko

Comment

p.c Joseph Drage claim's that he had helped a horse that fell down to get up. I wonder if this horse was pulling a cart or carriage ?

Could the horse owner of ordered the horse to fall
                  My belief is that a cart horse was more likely to fall than a carriage horse, simply because he's got a bigger load to break loose, and is more likely to have his feet slip out from under him in consequence as he pushes forward.

Training a horse to fall on pavement just isn't going to happen. Falling in harness is painful, and terribly upsetting to the horse. I've been there when that happened to someone in a parade. You've all you can do to calm them down, and get them to trust their footing again after that, even if they're not actually injured.

I think what the original poster means is that someone took advantage of the confusion when the horse fell to put the knife there.

-Ginger
                  - Ginger

Comment

• Fact's and doubt's

Hi every one, when I talked with the late Maggie Bird, which was very helpful to me, she confirmed to me that the knife Thomas Coram found had been in the possession of the police (probably at Scotland yard) for some year's untill it went missing, missing like a lot of evidence related to the Whitechapel murder's "souvenir hunter's probably" she said.
                    In my eye's there no doubt it was a policeman-men who took the knife, someone out there must know something, something like it was a relative of their's who took the knife in the past !!

Just going over some "facts"

"fact" The Coram knife discribed at the inquest and mentioned in the newspaper's, which had been stored at Scotland yard "exisisted".

"fact" The knife went missing from Scotland yard, probably taken by a policeman-men.

"Fact" I witnessed the police searching with metal-detector's the same railway arch that some year's later I found the knife, wich I am sure is the Coram knife.

"fact" The polceman guarding the entrance to the arch said to me when I asked what was going on "investigating a murder" he said.

"fact" I unburried the knife in the same arch which the police previously had searched with metal-detector's.

"fact" I clearly remember the condition the knife was when I found it.

"fact" Some year's back, I discovered about Thomas Coram and the knife he found whilst reading about Jack the Ripper.

"fact methinks" The knife I found fit's the discription given of the Coram knife.

"fact methinks" No murder had been commited in the area which could involve the mentione railway arch (remember I worked in the same arch for a few year's when It became a London taxi repair garage and I also Lived in the same street where the arch is and I am sure I would of heard of the arch having any invovlement in any murder.

"fact methinks" The only thing that in my opinon that could bring the police to search the mentioned arch with metal-detector's is the "knife" I'm sure someone know's something, thankyou for reading, all the best, agur.

niko

Comment

• Fact: A "fact methinks" is called an opinion.

Fact: The idea that modern day policemen would be searching for a knife that went missing from evidence in a case over a hundred years old is beyond unlikely.

Fact: The policemen searching with the metal detectors didn't say they were looking for a knife.

Fact: Even if the police had said they were "investigating a murder" doesn't mean they were investigating a murder, they could have just been poking fun at the nosy kid.

Fact: If they were in fact (hah) wasting valuable man hours searching for the Coram knife, they wouldn't in fact be investigating a murder, they'd be searching for lost evidence from a long dead and not possibly solvable case. Not the same thing. And when phrased like that not likely is it?

Fact: The policemen searching with the metal detectors didn't say that they were looking for evidence from a murder that had happened there.

Fact: The police could have been looking for evidence that a suspect from a crime ten towns away said that he'd tossed somewhere in that vicinity as he'd fled.

Fact: That evidence could have been any thing.

Fact: The idea that you found a knife from a case over a hundred years ago is wishful thinking.

Fact: Even if it were the knife, it's irrelevant as you will never be able to prove it.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• thanks

Hello Niko. Thanks. But do keep investigating.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• the teacher, the cab driver and the policeman.

Hi Ally and thank's for your comments, your totally right it's opinoin.
                          My opinion is that if you use metal detector's it's because you are searching something that is underground, another opinoin is that how did someone in the 70's or early 80's let's say, bury a more than a hundred year old french cook's knife because he has commited a crime and then when I unburry the knife it has the apperance as if it's been burried over a hundred year's, oh yeah! two year's earlier the police search the arch with metal detectors !!

Lynn I am a crap researcher or investigator, I'm a good Bricky (builder) though !! I think my research has come to the end of it's limit's, I would truly love to know what at least four policemen were searching for in the arch.

The following I would call fact, as it happened to me and I'm not lying.

Now listen to this !! there was a female teacher at my secondary school, an English teacher she was, her husband was a London taxi driver and by coinsidence he rented a cab from my bosses fleet of cab's. the teacher's brother, the cab driver's brother in law was a policeman at Leman Street police station, his beat was in my area "Shadwell". This policeman ocassionally poped into the garage (arch) for a cup of coffee that my boss offered him. I remember once my boss commenting about this policman, he said " that copper look's thick, every time he comes in for a coffee he stares at the brick work of the arch wall, (garage wall it's the same) as if his lost something".

It was in my last year of secondary school and after school hour's and Saturday's I would work in the Taxi garage, this teacher knew that I worked in the same Taxi garage that her husband rented a cab from, (here comes the funny bit so don't fall off your chair) once she asked me the following "Nicholas, that garage that you work at, has anything strange been found there" like what I replied "scissors or a knife" she answered "NO, not that I know of" I replied.

This is the first time I mention this about the teacher on the forum, it sounds ridiculos and unbelievable but it's the truth. I hate the feeling I get when forum member's think I'm making it all up as I go along. Just think for one minute !! how I feel making a proper dick-head of miself !! BUT I'm still here !! that's because I honestly think I have the Coram knife and that I'm on something but don't know exactly what, by the way, the teacher, the cab driver and the policeman were all Jewish, I wish I had half the talent in researching that some member's have on this forum, all the best, agur.

niko

Comment

Hi Ally and thank's for your comments, your totally right it's opinoin.
                            My opinion is that if you use metal detector's it's because you are searching something that is underground, another opinoin is that how did someone in the 70's or early 80's let's say, bury a more than a hundred year old french cook's knife because he has commited a crime and then when I unburry the knife it has the apperance as if it's been burried over a hundred year's, oh yeah! two year's earlier the police search the arch with metal detectors !!
                            What are you talking about? What 70's/80's person buried a knife "looking like it was there for 100 years". I didn't say that THE KNIFE you found was the evidence the police were looking for. You ASSUME it was. There's no fact to support that. You have absolutely NO idea what the police were in fact looking for, you've just decided that it was this knife. You ASSUME it was intentionally buried by a person. It could have been dropped there, and buried by years of accumulated debris. You ASSUME it was used in a crime. There is absolutely no evidence of ANY of that. There is no evidence whatsoever, saying that that knife was ever intentionally buried, that it was ever used in a crime or that it was in fact what the police were looking for. They could have been looking for a stray bullet. A pair of "brass" knuckles. A set of keys that could tie a murderer to his victim.

You have made up a fantasy in your head about the history of this knife, but you do not have a single shred of evidence to support any of it.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• discuss

Hello Niko. In that case why not talk to some members of the local synagogue? Check for legends, rumours, etc.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• I Agree

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                                What are you talking about? What 70's/80's person buried a knife "looking like it was there for 100 years". I didn't say that THE KNIFE you found was the evidence the police were looking for. You ASSUME it was. There's no fact to support that. You have absolutely NO idea what the police were in fact looking for, you've just decided that it was this knife. You ASSUME it was intentionally buried by a person. It could have been dropped there, and buried by years of accumulated debris. You ASSUME it was used in a crime. There is absolutely no evidence of ANY of that. There is no evidence whatsoever, saying that that knife was ever intentionally buried, that it was ever used in a crime or that it was in fact what the police were looking for. They could have been looking for a stray bullet. A pair of "brass" knuckles. A set of keys that could tie a murderer to his victim.

You have made up a fantasy in your head about the history of this knife, but you do not have a single shred of evidence to support any of it.
                                Firm, but fair.

Niko,

You found an old knife, but there is nothing whatever to link it to any crime or to any particular individual. Unless you find some [I]evidence[I] (as opposed to conjecture) to support your claims for it, it remains what it is - an old knife.
                                I wish you luck with your research.

Best Wishes, Bridewell
                                I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X