Frederick Abberline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frederick Abberline

I apologize if this has already been posted, but do we evidence to whether Fred Abberline was a Mason or not? I do if we haven't posted it yet. As a matter of fact, Littlechild and he were both Masons.
    Last edited by SuspectZero; 12-25-2015, 03:48 PM.

And both Littlechild and Abberline were members of the same Lodge.
    Abberline was initiated on December 4th, 1889, so he was clearly not a Mason during the height of the Ripper murders, but became one about a year after the death of Mary Kelly.

Comment

Could you post your source for this information?

Also, why do you think the Masons were involved in these cases?
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Maybe Littlechild sponsored Abberline in his initiation? I do think it wasn't uncommon for police officers climbing up the ranks of the Met (and the City police, for that matter) to become Freemasons. Many did it. It was probably considered a useful tool when being considered for promotion.

Comment

I don't get the point.

Lots of people are Masons.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
            Could you post your source for this information?

Also, why do you think the Masons were involved in these cases?
            Post a source? I have the actual Masonic records stating this as a fact. I'll be glad to provide this as a jpg if you can tell me how to attach it to my post.
            Last edited by SuspectZero; 12-25-2015, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
              I don't get the point.

Lots of people are Masons.
              The point is there were a lot of Masonic theories about this case. I'm merely providing evidence that one of the lead investigators, as also was Littlechild, were both Masons. Not stating theories, just providing evidence.
              Last edited by SuspectZero; 12-25-2015, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuspectZero View Post
                The point is there were a lot of Masonic theories about this case. I'm merely providing evidence that one of the lead investigators, as also was Littlechild, were both Masons. Not stating theories, just providing evidence.
                well some Masonic theories anyway.

I just don't get what it is evidence of, or more to the point what it['s relevance is supposed to be.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Here we go, Abberlines going to get it in the neck now !

Comment

well some Masonic theories anyway.

I just don't get what it is evidence of, or more to the point what it['s relevance is supposed to be.
                    Yes, you are correct - some Masonic theories. I think anything we can find out about the people involved in this case is worthwhile, because little is known about them. You might question the significance of a small piece from a jigsaw puzzle but it might have greater significance later when you try to complete it.

Comment

Originally posted by Observer View Post
                      Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Observer View Post
                        Looks that way.

My dad better watch out he was a Mason.

His Great Grandad was one of the first Masons in Aus, so maybe he's to blame.

I just don't get some of the totally crazy theories around here lately.

If there is something to prove a Masonic conspiracy there might be a touch of relevance, but I sure can't see what it would be, when so very many people were Masons at the time.
                        G U T

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                          Maybe Littlechild sponsored Abberline in his initiation? I do think it wasn't uncommon for police officers climbing up the ranks of the Met (and the City police, for that matter) to become Freemasons. Many did it. It was probably considered a useful tool when being considered for promotion.
                          Actually not, Rosella. Maybe the other way around. Littlechild became an initiate after Abberline did.

Comment

Looks that way.

My dad better watch out he was a Mason.

His Great Grandad was one of the first Masons in Aus, so maybe he's to blame.

I just don't get some of the totally crazy theories around here lately.

If there is something to prove a Masonic conspiracy there might be a touch of relevance, but I sure can't see what it would be, when so very many people were Masons at the time.
                            Are you really arguing against posting the information GUT? And for the last time, I'm not expounding any theories. Just providing information. Apparently researchers are not welcomed on this board anymore?

Comment

Next we'll be posting what religious denomination each person was affiliated with.
                              G U T

Comment

Working...
                              X