Why the Gap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
    One of my favorite pet theories is the idea that Blotchy's face blotchiness was a symptom of septicemia​ from cutting himself on Eddowes. I won't post any pics but you can google image search "sepsis skin blotchy" and see what it does to the skin.
    Wouldn't it be far more likely that Blotchy's face was down to being an alcoholic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
      One of my favorite pet theories is the idea that Blotchy's face blotchiness was a symptom of septicemia​ from cutting himself on Eddowes. I won't post any pics but you can google image search "sepsis skin blotchy" and see what it does to the skin.
      Septicemia, or sepsis, is the clinical name for blood poisoning by bacteria. It is the body's most extreme response to an infection. Sepsis that progresses to septic shock has a death rate as high as 50%, depending on the type of organism involved. Sepsis is a medical emergency and needs urgent medical treatment.

Blotchy would almost certainly have been long dead by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

Wouldn't it be far more likely that Blotchy's face was down to being an alcoholic?
        More likely than septicaemia I would have thought.
        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Losmandris View Post
          I am sure this has been raised before but I will ask again. Why were there no murders in October 1888?

How do we explain this hiatus?

What do people think happened?
          Hi Tristan,

Although its been explained away by comments like he was away, or perhaps incarcerated?... I also think its possible that Jack, whoever that was, was finished before Nov 88. Marys murder in many ways is unlike any prior, in scale, location and actions taken. It might be that Oct was a dividing line.

Comment

Working...
          X