No announcement yet.

What's your profile for Jack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And who's to say "Jack" didn't love his victims?
    Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• Hi Dig

not me.
      Imo he loved MJK very much.
      Well, just like Kemper loved (to play darts with) his mom.

Comment

• Wow

Originally posted by DVV View Post
        Hi Dig

not me.
        Imo he loved MJK very much.
        Well, just like Kemper loved (to play darts with) his mom.
        That may have tickled me. Disturbing thing is I had a friend I used to pick on occasionaly, who reminds me of Kemper very much. He was a little bigger even. Large, smart, and rage at one's mother and everything else. Guess I'm lucky and good to not be a dartboard.
        Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• JTR - profile

Originally posted by Digalittledeeperwatson View Post
          Hullo Woocus! Upon what precisely do you base this upon? Not being snarky. Interested in your approach.
          On the basis that they got away with it completely and the forensic Dr who wrote JTR - the final solution - (which I think she got wrong) her intensive opinion that the murderer/s was CLOSELY associated with her victim (Martha Tabram) and having spent years puzzling over this - please see my post Marthas sons in the victims section for starters.
          If this seems abrubt i'm struggling to post longer answers so am trying this short version. Apologies.

Comment

• thanks

I am also struggling with large posts. I've read some of it previously. I'll check it out again. I might suggest it could've been one man who's mother died shortly before Tabram was murdered.
            Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• Originally posted by RivkahChaya View Post
              Or, maybe head injuries don't cause violence, they damage natural ability to inhibit, and a lot more men than women have violent tendencies that need natural inhibition to be intact.
              Ah, now that I can definitely believe.

Thanks Rivkah.

Love,

Caz
              X
              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by Errata View Post
                So why an abusive mother? Well, I think there was a sexual component to the abuse, and mixing mom's and sex never ends well. And while I am not surprised by the the sex of his victims, I am surprised by his care in selection. Because he never accidentally got a maid going to work, he wasn't interested in young women, he appeared to favor older prostitutes. Zaftig, older prostitutes. Women of a certain age. That's atypical, but when it does happen, there's usually a reason. An older woman isn't easier to kill. So it's not about that. He's picking them for a reason, and I think he's younger than them. So why kill older prostitutes? Transference is an easy answer.
                Hi Errata,

I see where you are coming from, but surely if his 'care in selection' was merely down to what sort of woman was most available, most desperate and most vulnerable, walking the streets in the early hours trying to earn her doss money, there is no surprise when looking at the very small sample of victims that can reasonably be attributed to him, and precious little care either.

Nichols was likely drunk and certainly without funds; Chapman weak, terminally ill and similarly penniless; Eddowes likely still under the influence and in need of money; and Kelly had probably been drinking too and owed all that back rent. The younger, fitter, more sober and less desperate the woman, the less of a pushover she would have been, and if the ripper killed Stride (possibly because she was resisting his 'charms') he may have bitten off more than he could chew on that occasion.

I think the ratio of older to younger victims is just about what we would expect from an opportunistic killer (of any age) who had to take his chance with what was on offer on those streets very late at night: mainly the stragglers, past their prime and borderline alcoholic, who lived a hand to mouth existence and had to earn their doss money outdoors each night before they could afford to sleep indoors, with the odd younger specimen thrown in who was more likely to have some sort of a room of her own, as did Kelly.

Love,

Caz
                X
                Last edited by caz; 05-17-2013, 01:28 PM.
                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Wondering whom Jack wanted to punish vicariously might miss the point. Because it is also possible that what he was mainly after was cutting female bodies open and fumbling around with their innards. In that case, he killed only to break resistance.

Comment

• The murders probabley had little to do with planning ,and much more to do with circumstance,as regards age,shape,physical condition of the victim.No messianic killer he,just a plain ole,apple pie munching, flag waving rosey cheeked unfortunate,who somewhere during his childhood or adolescence developed his sexual identity to a point where sex,pain and blood somehow intermingled in equal quantity. He was Driven as we all are by urges beyond our control.None of us are in complete control of what we do,we only think we are. The inner Beast one might say.

Comment

• On joining this discussion board I had some preconceived ideas of 'Jack's' personality and possible motives for why he did what he did.

I think I've gone full circle.

I've read the crap out of many threads on here and I've watched most of the documentaries on serial killers out there. I've also read many of the books on serial killers.

After all this where am I? hmmmm...Still confused is where.

Who was 'Jack' and why did he do what he did?

Easy...no one knows. No one ever will. 'Jack' did not really know himself.

Why...? Because he wanted to and he could get away with it. And he did.

Not much closure there really. But where is the victim's?

New profile:

White male.
                      30-40 years old.
                      Divorced. Possbile children.
                      Alcoholic.
                      Lives just above the poverty line.
                      Manual labourer.
                      No friends or close neigbours.
                      Quiet and meek to most people, but the victims saw and maybe heard quitely, the real him.
                      He has a child like curiosity. No specific reason to feel inside them apart from what makes them work.
                      Trophies taken home were an extension of his curiosity. Take them home to look at in the light and then he ate them. Mary's heart was not removed from the room. It was cooked in the fire and eaten.

Why did he stop? He didn't. He paused because he felt he was close to being caught. Did they ever catch him? hmmmm...
                      Last edited by Deathtosnails; 05-25-2013, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Because he could...I rather like that...Separated rather than divorced (the latter was for the rich, or those who were legally married or those who really cared)...and you can't lack close neighbours in Whitechapel...Don't think the trophies were retained long term...possibly cooked though...think offal

All the best

Dave

Comment

• I think I can believe JTR could be of any nationality common to Whitechapel at the time. English, Russian, Polish, the men dressed similarly, mustaches, hats, coats, nothing really remarkable enough to stand out, at least as far as all the stories I've read from the 'witnesses'.

Late at night, an area bustling with people coming and going at all hours on the streets in Whitechapel to the bars, to the working girls, to the doss houses. One of the stories surprised me as someone had gone out and got a full meal at like 2 am, cooked and served.

As far as the profile for Jack I'm always wondering what was his inner self. What did IT look like? What was the inner man like? His real personality, to know him, really, what would one think?

Maybe he wasn't killing girls in that fashion with violence as the object of his desire. Maybe it was a means to an end.

I'm always wondering, if like one of Dali's bizarre paintings inside he had to have a bizarre inner landscape. Stretching out to some object in his mind that was his goal. Was he on a road that was an anxious, illogical, superstitious unclear journey? I feel he did not know what he was really aiming for, when the path was under his feet and he was 'almost there' I wonder if his heart was beating wildly, almost giving him away. The girl would maybe read that as anticipation to the act he, like all the others, sought from her.

I'm always wondering, just 'before' if they saw a look in his eyes, and misunderstood the anxiousness, and didn't realize they were looking into the eyes of a soul completely foreign to them. And he, looking back at them revealed something of his inner strange map. Did they ever have a sudden recognition of who he was? Or was he behind them, intentionally never revealing that inner man?

I think he was reaching for something that he himself didn't understand.

In 1895 Michael Cleary killed his wife, Bridget Cleary, a 26-year old woman. His motive? He believed she had been taken away by the Fairies. He burned her to death. He thought his wife was a 'changeling' and to get his real wife back, burned the changeling.

"Michael Cleary, a young cooper from Ballyvadlea, in Tipperary, Ireland, was convinced that his ill wife, a seamstress, had been abducted by the fairies, and that the body he was burning was not that of Bridget, but rather a fairy changeling. Angela Bourke's meticulously researched account of the sensational and still-remembered burning of Bridget Cleary situates itself at precisely the point at which the institutions of the modern state—Poor Law guardians, doctors, police, and the Church—become inextricably entangled with local discourses of fairy doctors, abductions, and ritual torture. "

I cite this story not to say JTR thought these women were 'fairies' or changelings. I read this story and thought once again, as I've wondered many a time, what beliefs inside led JTR to his own murderous path.

It was a day and age of odd notions. Lots of superstitions and beliefs of the time helped people explain the world. It may not have been as a matter of violence or retribution or moral outrage.

It may have been a lot stranger than that.

and so the profile I would give would be:

Single male
                          Lives in the area
                          Alcoholic
                          Strong
                          Works Monday to Friday
                          Nocturnal habits
                          May be drug user, heroin in specific
                          Probable knowledge of anatomy
                          Averts eyes, looks anxious, uncomfortable when questioned
                          Not a talker, introvert
                          Smoker
                          Could be handsome
                          Tall
                          Prone to some sort of fetish
                          Keeps to self
                          Soft speaking
                          Last edited by Beowulf; 05-31-2013, 05:03 AM. Reason: profile correction.

Comment

• I believe 'Jack' escalated. Apparently serial killers don't do that since they enjoy whatever it is that gives them joy. In my opinion 'Jack' read the papers and purposely escalated not because he personally needed to or wanted to but because he liked the attention. He read the papers and reveled in it and purposely pushed to the next level or the next extreme.

I'll admit i'm not one to give personal opinions easy and not easy to answer because we don't know the victims. However, I personally believe he got satisfaction from the newspapers and the hype about him. He liked reading about himself and how he out-smarted the police and got away with it.

I don't believe he wrote the GSF or the Dear Boss but he may have written a more non chalante letter not signed JTR. He wanted attention and recognition so he would have said something.

All opinion and my own supposition.

Cheers
                            DRoy

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathtosnails View Post
                              Hello Board.
                              Because of his disfigurement or speech impediment he feels unequal to people around him and fosters a hatred for good looking men and women. He may feel people treat him differently because of how he looks or sounds. He probably avoids as much contact with people as possible.
                              Please share yours.

Cheers, DTS.

Hi DTS,

An interesting first post that has prompted a lot of debate.

Firstly, I have to object (gently) to your suggestion that the killer may have been disfigured and that this may have been a motive.

Disfigurement would not have been all that unusual in those days due to smallpox, syphilis, malnutrition and/or alcohol consumption during pregnancy and a range of other factors. Although people with disfigurements may then (as now) have been shunned, it does not follow that these people would have become murderers. Such a suggestion draws more on literature than on reality. Having a disfigurement does not automatically mean you become resentful, angry and exceptionally violent.

My profile would be thus:

male
                              25-45
                              lived and/or worked locally and knew the area
                              unskilled or semi-skilled
                              neat and clean in appearance (as far as it was possible to be at that time)
                              literate
                              probably not in a relationship
                              moderate drinker
                              left the district after the death of Kelly

Comment

• Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                                I think I can believe JTR could be of any nationality common to Whitechapel at the time. English, Russian, Polish, the men dressed similarly, mustaches, hats, coats, nothing really remarkable enough to stand out, at least as far as all the stories I've read from the 'witnesses'.

Late at night, an area bustling with people coming and going at all hours on the streets in Whitechapel to the bars, to the working girls, to the doss houses. One of the stories surprised me as someone had gone out and got a full meal at like 2 am, cooked and served.

As far as the profile for Jack I'm always wondering what was his inner self. What did IT look like? What was the inner man like? His real personality, to know him, really, what would one think?

Maybe he wasn't killing girls in that fashion with violence as the object of his desire. Maybe it was a means to an end.

I'm always wondering, if like one of Dali's bizarre paintings inside he had to have a bizarre inner landscape. Stretching out to some object in his mind that was his goal. Was he on a road that was an anxious, illogical, superstitious unclear journey? I feel he did not know what he was really aiming for, when the path was under his feet and he was 'almost there' I wonder if his heart was beating wildly, almost giving him away. The girl would maybe read that as anticipation to the act he, like all the others, sought from her.

I'm always wondering, just 'before' if they saw a look in his eyes, and misunderstood the anxiousness, and didn't realize they were looking into the eyes of a soul completely foreign to them. And he, looking back at them revealed something of his inner strange map. Did they ever have a sudden recognition of who he was? Or was he behind them, intentionally never revealing that inner man?

I think he was reaching for something that he himself didn't understand.

In 1895 Michael Cleary killed his wife, Bridget Cleary, a 26-year old woman. His motive? He believed she had been taken away by the Fairies. He burned her to death. He thought his wife was a 'changeling' and to get his real wife back, burned the changeling.

"Michael Cleary, a young cooper from Ballyvadlea, in Tipperary, Ireland, was convinced that his ill wife, a seamstress, had been abducted by the fairies, and that the body he was burning was not that of Bridget, but rather a fairy changeling. Angela Bourke's meticulously researched account of the sensational and still-remembered burning of Bridget Cleary situates itself at precisely the point at which the institutions of the modern state—Poor Law guardians, doctors, police, and the Church—become inextricably entangled with local discourses of fairy doctors, abductions, and ritual torture. "

I cite this story not to say JTR thought these women were 'fairies' or changelings. I read this story and thought once again, as I've wondered many a time, what beliefs inside led JTR to his own murderous path.

It was a day and age of odd notions. Lots of superstitions and beliefs of the time helped people explain the world. It may not have been as a matter of violence or retribution or moral outrage.

It may have been a lot stranger than that.

and so the profile I would give would be:

Single male
                                Lives in the area
                                Alcoholic
                                Strong
                                Works Monday to Friday
                                Nocturnal habits
                                May be drug user, heroin in specific
                                Probable knowledge of anatomy
                                Averts eyes, looks anxious, uncomfortable when questioned
                                Not a talker, introvert
                                Smoker
                                Could be handsome
                                Tall
                                Prone to some sort of fetish
                                Keeps to self
                                Soft speaking
                                Hi Beowulf . Interesting post. Re his inner life. He was in his own world that's for sure. I would say that he was probably obsessive, fantasizes a lot, lonely, paranoid and with a superiority complex.

As for being foreign? I don't think so. No witnesses ever described someone talking with a foreign accent. Yes The chapman witness described a foreign looking man, but she also heard him speak and there is no mention of an accent plus she said she only saw the back of him. Also, at the height of the scare I doubt any one who appeared different would be able to easily convince a woman to a secluded spot. He was someone the victims never suspected. A local joe who they might have even known. And if questioned by his victims he probably could quickly joke it away and make them feel safe. "who me? Do I look like the ripper to you? HaHa."

The quote "you would say anything but your prayers" has always struck me. I envision that conversation going something like this:

Stride: your not the ripper are you?

Man: (in joking tone) you never know.

Stride: well then I better say my prayers.

Man: you would say anything but your prayers.

That statement has always made me wonder about his personality and possible motive (or at least his own justification). As if he was using their apparent low morals or lack of religion as an excuse while again showing his own feeling of superiority.

Comment

Working...
                                X