Our path emerges for a while, then closes
      Within a dream.
      Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

• Nope.

Busy staying alive.

Thanks though

Still seeking a suitable screenwriter to tell the truth.Waiting on some writers from Warnambool.Contact caught co-vid.
        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post

Dr. Phillips describes the wound as "...Three-quarters of an inch over undivided muscle, then becoming deeper, about an inch dividing sheath and the vessels, ascending a little, and then grazing the muscle outside the cartilages on the left side of the neck. ...", so at the deepest it does not reach the cartilage, but only grazes the muscles outside of them.

I can't find any testimony from the medical examination about bruises to her left temple or cheek. The only mention of bruising, which I take the bluish discolouration to mean, is the following:

"...Over both shoulders, especially the right, from the front aspect under colar bones and in front of chest there is a bluish discolouration which I have watched and seen on two occasions since...."

As is not uncommon, the press reports are incorrect in their specifics.
          There are definitely problems with those reports. However, the later report begins:

The body of the murdered woman, which now lies in St. George's Mortuary, close to St. George's Parish Church, presents a dreadful spectacle. It is the corpse of a woman about 40 years of age, and, as it lies on the slab, exhibits prominently a fearful wound on the throat.

That sounds to me like the reporter is at the mortuary, observing the corpse at first hand.

Also in Phillip's testimony he reports "...On removing the scalp there was no sign of bruising or extravasation of blood between it and the skull-cap. ..." negating the idea she suffered any kind of head injury, otherwise an interesting idea.
          Would a fall resulting in bruising to the temple, necessarily result in that sort of head trauma?

I'm not being clear, and that's my fault. What I'm referring to is the idea that she tries at some point to move away from her attacker. He grabs her scarf, and this halts her forward motion suddenly. That would be similar to being hit in the throat, so she might not be able to speak temporarily, but by the time she would have recovered he's cut her throat. I'm not suggesting he used the scarf as a ligature as in pulling on it until she passes out. Rather, the doctor's suggestion that the killer pulled her backwards with the scarf seems to make sense.
          If he pulls the scarf - not enough to strangle but enough to prevent speech or screams - and then quickly gets her to the ground and cuts her throat, when does this stuff occur ...?

"...Over both shoulders, especially the right, from the front aspect under colar bones and in front of chest there is a bluish discolouration which I have watched and seen on two occasions since...."

There were cachous found in the gutter as well, so they did get a bit scattered. She doesn't appear to have dropped them completely, so it seems to me she must have been put to the ground very quickly.
          It's a very tricky problem. I seriously wonder is she were sitting down when the attack began. Then any fall or rapid decent becomes more like a fairly gentle recline.

Lamb: She looked as if she had been laid quietly down. Her clothes were not in the least rumpled.

Maybe, but of course, you're now saying Schwartz existed and saw something again.
          I'm fairly confident that Schwartz existed, however I'm undecided on whether he saw less or more than he claimed to.

The cut does appear to have been very clean and done without any signs of hesitation (there aren't any small cuts reported suggesting he held it against her throat first, etc), so it would appear once the knife was in his hand the decision to cut her throat had already been made and it was used directly, that is consistent with skill with using a knife. It's also consistent with someone who is not having to overcome any doubts about progressing on to murder. Mind you, this sort of thing is not very strong evidence and the ideas that come with them should not be viewed as strongly supported ideas.

- Jeff
          Do you mean, not very strong evidence that it was JtR? Isn't there strong support for the idea that Stride was an interrupted murder? What is that support based on, if not the apparent skills of the murderer?
          Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

• Sorry i must be missing something ,this Sutton guy is he a suspect ?

You said'' Sutton struck '' is that right ?
            'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

Sorry i must be missing something ,this Sutton guy is he a suspect ?

You said'' Sutton struck '' is that right ?
              He believes Sutton was gay and went on a rampage killing all of the victims over some kind of conspiracy I believe.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
              JayHartley.com

Comment

• Sutton was being blackmailed over his sexual orientation.He was looking at two years hard labor.

Nichols obviously panicked him.He was then being blackmailed for murder.

He possibly supplied drugs to paedophiles to pacify their victims.Mary Ann Kelly was an early victim.

The Five were hunting him,not the other way round.

Comment

• Why did Sutton bother with the mutilations?
                  Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                    Sutton was being blackmailed over his sexual orientation.He was looking at two years hard labor.

Nichols obviously panicked him.He was then being blackmailed for murder.

He possibly supplied drugs to paedophiles to pacify their victims.Mary Ann Kelly was an early victim.

The Five were hunting him,not the other way round.
                    You actually seriously believe this theory ?
                    'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

You actually seriously believe this theory ?
                      Yep.Can back it up.

Comment

• Im tempted to elevate this guy above Druitt at No1 ,but alas, In you go at

No 5. Henry Gawen Sutton

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post

Yep.Can back it up.
                          Go on then humour me

Comment

• Originally posted by NotBlamedForNothing View Post
                            Why did Sutton bother with the mutilations?
                            They were not mutilations.

I've explained Eddowes' wounds more than once.

Like Nichols,they were both inpatients of Sutton's from December 1867 with rheumatic fever.The 'strep makes it's home in the small intestine.

Eddowes also had Xanthelasma.

Not to mention cancer.

Comment

Go on then humour me
                              You can possibly look through my previous posts.

Comment

• Another for my ignore list

Comment

Working...
                                X