Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does The Killer Scope Out Locations Before He Kills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

no, ill just spell it out. the killer wrote in dear boss he tried to save some of chapmans blood in a ginger beer bottle and it went thick like glue. thats what would happen, and how many people would know that? it adds authenticity to the letter. a ginger beer bottle was found in mary kellys room. the two may be connected. if finger printing was around a few years earlier in 1888 if i was police i would be testing that ginger beer bottle.
    That's a very literal interpretation, but Madam Red seems to agree with it - https://forum.casebook.org/forum/rip...ottle#post4508

My understanding is that it was 'bottles' plural. Did they arrive individually or at the same time?

Re fingerprinting - https://forum.casebook.org/forum/rip...340#post731340
    Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

Dear Boss was written by a journalist to get the most mileage out of these stories that he could, so trying to create drama isnt surprising.
      So why did he stop producing them after saucy jacky? Surely this journo was getting a bit worried by 1889?

Then there is the 1896 letter, which could well be by the same hand. It was not sent to the CNA, so where does that leave the 'drumming-up interest' theory?

I'm sorry, but this is another half-baked theory that ignores some of the evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotBlamedForNothing View Post

So why did he stop producing them after saucy jacky? Surely this journo was getting a bit worried by 1889?

Good Question. Letters for profit

Then there is the 1896 letter, which could well be by the same hand. It was not sent to the CNA, so where does that leave the 'drumming-up interest' theory?

Again, worth asking. I'd defer to Palmer, Woods, Orsam, Arif, Begg et al.

I'm sorry, but this is another half-baked theory that ignores some of the evidence.
        Agreed
        Last edited by Al Bundy's Eyes; 11-04-2020, 11:56 PM. Reason: Missing bold on my quotes
        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Such a pleasure to see a Jane Coram post again.
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

no, ill just spell it out. the killer wrote in dear boss he tried to save some of chapmans blood in a ginger beer bottle and it went thick like glue. thats what would happen, and how many people would know that? it adds authenticity to the letter. a ginger beer bottle was found in mary kellys room. the two may be connected. if finger printing was around a few years earlier in 1888 if i was police i would be testing that ginger beer bottle.
            Abby,
            I was thinking about your very literal interpretation of Dear Boss, and something occurred to me...

You also seem to believe that interpretation of the graffito is straightforward, based on the idea that the killer is blaming the Jews, and that he was interrupted (which itself, is a fairly literal interpretation).

Blames Jews + interruption = Jack blamed the Jews for interrupting him

So while just about everyone else struggles with the meaning (me included), for you "it's not rocket science".

In the current Stride thread, you asked me about being more specific about a complicated theory, and I referred to "dribs and drabs", and you didn't know what I meant by that.

A while back I added a signature to my posts, making it obvious to everyone except yourself, what my first name is.

Are you aware that you're making these very literal interpretations, and struggling a bit with metaphorical language?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chava View Post
              Somewhere in the Afterlife a journalist is laughing his head off that someone's taking that Dear Boss letter seriously...
              Of all the Ripper correspondence IMO there is only one candidate for the real deal and that's From Hell. Which BTW is not signed 'Jack the Ripper'. And even that one along with its accompanying bit of kidney is not a sure thing.
              From Hell is my choice as well, and I believe the reason its not signed is because the man who sent it didnt identify himself as Jack the Ripper. He only mentions one victim. I also believe the frying and eating bits were solely to intimidate Lusk. This wasnt a communication to a vigilante committee, or to Central News, it was to Lusk. And not the first time he felt threatened in the weeks leading up to that parcel and note.
              Michael Richards

Comment

• What have you done with the real Michael Richards?

C'mon,'fess up b4 I call the Mounties.

Comment

• Just to see if anyone is paying attention.

What/who did the kidney expert that Major Henry Smith have examine the "Lusk kidney" have in common with the Shoreditch Vestry Board where Mary Kelly's corpse should not have been?

What was that London Hospital kidney expert prepared to gamble on his opinion?

Which profession was his main claim to fame?

Comment

• And did Dr. Sutton have any connection to George Lusk?

Comment

• Pretty much a one way thing.

Lusk was after Henry the Ripper,if you get my drift.

Fair chance Lusk knew Sutton.Not well though.
                      Last edited by DJA; 11-07-2020, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                        What have you done with the real Michael Richards?

C'mon,'fess up b4 I call the Mounties.
                        Since we are briefly on the same page, I also believe that the Irish man who requested Lusks mailing address during that week..the one who wouldnt remove his gloves in the shop...(likely in a state due to some muck ups in Mitre square), mailed the section and note. Hes a prime suspect for her murder for me. Does he fit with your fellow?

It would seem by virtue of his request that they were not familiar with each other.
                        Michael Richards

Comment

Since we are briefly on the same page, I also believe that the Irish man who requested Lusks mailing address during that week..the one who wouldnt remove his gloves in the shop...(likely in a state due to some muck ups in Mitre square), mailed the section and note. Hes a prime suspect for her murder for me. Does he fit with your fellow?

It would seem by virtue of his request that they were not familiar with each other.
                          Sounds like a prime suspect to me, very odd behaviour indeed.

the Irish man would fit with the choice of grammar used in the From Hell letter.

I know that many feel that the letter is mocking the Irish dialect and that the killer was “playing a part” as he wrote the letter.

if the man in the shop is indeed the man who wrote From Hell, then could he have actually been Irish? Or putting on an accent to try and cover this tracks?

From Hell appears to mock the Irish

The GSG graffiti seems to mock the Jews

Was a seemingly socially political motive simply a game of smoke and mirrors to distract from a solitary killer with a hatred for prostitutes and nothing more.

was the killer clever enough to know that by leaving lots of different random ‘clues’ that the police would be confused by?

political and conspiracy theories aside, was the ripper just creating one massive distraction? It does seem a lot of effort on his part to target Lusk specifically though.

is there currently a list of every person who worked for Lusk prior to the murders?

I guess the question is... why Lusk?

TRD
                          "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

• Its well worth noting here that these murders constitute what is today called Terrorism, killing of innocent people to create fear and panic. Its also then worth noting that Terrorim, violence, revolution, were all themes at the Parnell Commission...which coincidentally was on at that same time of that year.
                            Michael Richards

Comment

There is nothing to link him to the case.

Maybe he had a music hall that required refurbishment.

Maybe he wished to sign up for Lusk's posse. They met in pubs and he was Irish.

His description fits no one seen at any of the canonical murders.

Comment

Its well worth noting here that these murders constitute what is today called Terrorism, killing of innocent people to create fear and panic. Its also then worth noting that Terrorim, violence, revolution, were all themes at the Parnell Commission...which coincidentally was on at that same time of that year.
                                Coincidentally, Queen Victoria reigned during the time of the murders....hmmmm.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                                X