Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does The Killer Scope Out Locations Before He Kills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael W Richards
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
    If Jack was someone who usually operated in the East End then why would he have any knowledge of beat routines in Mitre Square on that, or any, night? I dont think the man that killed in Mitre Square needed or showed any specific street knowledge of the East End, but I think Polly and Annies did.

I believe Kates killer had to have been aware of the beats in the square that night. Just from watching Id guess.
    No-one bites at this one? That in order for the killer in Mitre Square to have also been the man in the East end killings it would appear he let the situation develop wherever it happened in the East End but would have had to have beat information for city cops as well. Beats which changed nightly.

So is he Opportunity or Planning? Is Annies killing seemingly planned? Was Pollys?

Leave a comment:

• Michael W Richards
    replied
    If Jack was someone who usually operated in the East End then why would he have any knowledge of beat routines in Mitre Square on that, or any, night? I dont think the man that killed in Mitre Square needed or showed any specific street knowledge of the East End, but I think Polly and Annies did.

I believe Kates killer had to have been aware of the beats in the square that night. Just from watching Id guess.

Leave a comment:

• Vincenzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Chava View Post
    I've always been fascinated by the locations of the killings, as all of them with the exception of Nicholls in Buck's Row take place in broadened out areas which are arrived at through narrow passages. I thought the victims might have self-selected this way as they led their punter to these places. But now I'm wondering if it's possible that The Whitechapel Murderer is a lot more organized than he appears, and perhaps he did what a number of serials have done since, which is scout locations and check on them carefully before committing a murder there. If that's the case, then he would know about prostitutes taking their tricks to the backyard or 1st floor of 29 Hanbury Street. He would perhaps even know the customs of the people living in that house--what time they woke & went out to work etc etc. He may even have visited that back yard. He would know that the Club in Duffield's Yard was raucous and loud until late so that a killing in the shadows might not be overheard. He would know that the warehouse caretakers in Mitre Square didn't venture out at night and that few people were walking in that neighbourhood in the small hours. If Nicholls was the first, he didn't get what he was after. Sounds like he was disturbed probably by the guys who found the body. He may have decided to be more careful in future. And if so, it paid off for him. Which means he might be site-specific rather than victim-specific. He decides it's his night for fun. Hangs around his chosen location. Waits for someone to go--or totter--by. Says 'hallo'.
    If that is the case then he would have been aware of the police patrol at Mitre Square and still took an incredible risk. That makes me believe he did not chose that spot ahead of time, either she led him there or it was unplanned as to where he was going to attack her and he just let it play out naturally.

Leave a comment:

• Michael W Richards
    replied
    Thats one big Canadian Flag...love it. Which reminds me.....today is Remembrance Day in Canada, sincere thanks to all those who serve their countries in the military.

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied

Why would he match any descriptions for other Canonicals, Im only dicussing Kates murder here.
    I shall seek Canadian interpreters.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Terrance and Phillip.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	746031

Leave a comment:

• Michael W Richards
    replied
    Originally posted by c.d. View Post

Coincidentally, Queen Victoria reigned during the time of the murders....hmmmm.

c.d.
    Lets not be flippant about the affects of Irish Self rule factions and the violent terrorist acts they planned and pulled off during those years. Terrorism was happening, at that time, and people who planned to do these acts were being paid by HMG, there was active planning going on to kill Balfour...and the commision was investigating complicity in targetted murders by a member of parliament...whether you choose to consider that when evaluating these murders is up to you.

Leave a comment:

• Michael W Richards
    replied
    Originally posted by DJA View Post

There is nothing to link him to the case.

Maybe he had a music hall that required refurbishment.

Maybe he wished to sign up for Lusk's posse. They met in pubs and he was Irish.

His description fits no one seen at any of the canonical murders.
    Why would he match any descriptions for other Canonicals, Im only dicussing Kates murder here.

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Wasn't Parnell a pollie who,after 128 days of hearings,was found innocent?

Leave a comment:

• c.d.
    replied
    Its well worth noting here that these murders constitute what is today called Terrorism, killing of innocent people to create fear and panic. Its also then worth noting that Terrorim, violence, revolution, were all themes at the Parnell Commission...which coincidentally was on at that same time of that year.
    Coincidentally, Queen Victoria reigned during the time of the murders....hmmmm.

c.d.

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied

Since we are briefly on the same page, I also believe that the Irish man who requested Lusks mailing address during that week..the one who wouldnt remove his gloves in the shop...(likely in a state due to some muck ups in Mitre square), mailed the section and note. Hes a prime suspect for her murder for me. Does he fit with your fellow?

It would seem by virtue of his request that they were not familiar with each other.
    There is nothing to link him to the case.

Maybe he had a music hall that required refurbishment.

Maybe he wished to sign up for Lusk's posse. They met in pubs and he was Irish.

His description fits no one seen at any of the canonical murders.

Leave a comment:

• Michael W Richards
    replied
    Its well worth noting here that these murders constitute what is today called Terrorism, killing of innocent people to create fear and panic. Its also then worth noting that Terrorim, violence, revolution, were all themes at the Parnell Commission...which coincidentally was on at that same time of that year.

Leave a comment:

• The Rookie Detective
    replied

Since we are briefly on the same page, I also believe that the Irish man who requested Lusks mailing address during that week..the one who wouldnt remove his gloves in the shop...(likely in a state due to some muck ups in Mitre square), mailed the section and note. Hes a prime suspect for her murder for me. Does he fit with your fellow?

It would seem by virtue of his request that they were not familiar with each other.
    Sounds like a prime suspect to me, very odd behaviour indeed.

the Irish man would fit with the choice of grammar used in the From Hell letter.

I know that many feel that the letter is mocking the Irish dialect and that the killer was “playing a part” as he wrote the letter.

if the man in the shop is indeed the man who wrote From Hell, then could he have actually been Irish? Or putting on an accent to try and cover this tracks?

From Hell appears to mock the Irish

The GSG graffiti seems to mock the Jews

Was a seemingly socially political motive simply a game of smoke and mirrors to distract from a solitary killer with a hatred for prostitutes and nothing more.

was the killer clever enough to know that by leaving lots of different random ‘clues’ that the police would be confused by?

political and conspiracy theories aside, was the ripper just creating one massive distraction? It does seem a lot of effort on his part to target Lusk specifically though.

is there currently a list of every person who worked for Lusk prior to the murders?

I guess the question is... why Lusk?

TRD

Leave a comment:

• Michael W Richards
    replied
    Originally posted by DJA View Post
    What have you done with the real Michael Richards?

C'mon,'fess up b4 I call the Mounties.

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    Pretty much a one way thing.

Lusk was after Henry the Ripper,if you get my drift.

Fair chance Lusk knew Sutton.Not well though.
    Last edited by DJA; 11-07-2020, 10:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Nelson
    replied
    And did Dr. Sutton have any connection to George Lusk?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X