Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
    The beeline home directly from Mitre Square is very illogical Fisherman, particularly when you consider that the odds of getting caught are multiplying with each successive murder. More police, more Vigilantee groups, pressure from the crown to get these solved. Why would a killer who evidently is intending to remain at large leave an arrow pointing in the direction he left Mitre Square. And the apron section "was not there" when Long passed at 1:20am, so, the apron was not left on the way home from Mitre. It could have been placed there an hour later.

Considering the fact that "Jewes/Juewes/Juwes" are the subject matter in the GSG, is it a coincidence that it ends op on a passageway wall leading to model homes almost exclusively occupied by Jews?
    That ”arrow” would have pointed to innumerable lodgings. And the killer may have felt that dropping it in Brighton was too risky.

Leave a comment:

• MrBarnett
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
    Nothing is ever simple!

The tea warehouse (Paget and Piggott) was at 36 in late 1889. Presumably the Kelly’s entry confirms that the 36 from where the Levys ran their business was in the City.
    The evidence at the OB trial confirms Levy’s shop was 10/12 yards from Stoney Lane.

Leave a comment:

• MrBarnett
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
    Checking the relevant Goad maps, there appear to be two addresses of "36 Middlesex Street", one on each side (though this may possibly be due to renumbering as the maps are from different years).
    The one Sam selected is shown as a tea warehouse on the 1890 map. On the 1887 map showing the opposite side (which incidentally is in the City as the boundary runs along the middle of the street) 36 is a shop, one shop down from the corner of Stoney Lane.
    Nothing is ever simple!

The tea warehouse (Paget and Piggott) was at 36 in late 1889. Presumably the Kelly’s entry confirms that the 36 from where the Levys ran their business was in the City.

Leave a comment:

• Joshua Rogan
    replied
    I believe you are right, Gareth. Which means the King article is wrong. It tells us Levy was nestled in the City.
    Checking the relevant Goad maps, there appear to be two addresses of "36 Middlesex Street", one on each side (though this may possibly be due to renumbering as the maps are from different years).
    The one Sam selected is shown as a tea warehouse on the 1890 map. On the 1887 map showing the opposite side (which incidentally is in the City as the boundary runs along the middle of the street) 36 is a shop, one shop down from the corner of Stoney Lane.

Leave a comment:

• Michael W Richards
    replied
    Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    Actually, thinking it through is what tells us that it IS illogical. Not impossible in any way, but less logical than a beeline to home from Mitre Square.

Speaking about logic, how logical is it to summon the police for a door-to-door in your neighborhood by disposing of the rag so close by? Maybe I need to think that through too? And of course, Jacob WAS mad.

The beeline home directly from Mitre Square is very illogical Fisherman, particularly when you consider that the odds of getting caught are multiplying with each successive murder. More police, more Vigilantee groups, pressure from the crown to get these solved. Why would a killer who evidently is intending to remain at large leave an arrow pointing in the direction he left Mitre Square. And the apron section "was not there" when Long passed at 1:20am, so, the apron was not left on the way home from Mitre. It could have been placed there an hour later.

Considering the fact that "Jewes/Juewes/Juwes" are the subject matter in the GSG, is it a coincidence that it ends op on a passageway wall leading to model homes almost exclusively occupied by Jews?

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by Batman View Post
    A syphilitic insane butcher who lives in the heart of the murders and is wandering at night according to his wife.

Four days ago I pointed out that there is a lot of evidence that JtR is a thief.
    Forum for discussion about how Jack could have done it, why Jack might have done it and the psychological factors that are involved in serial killers. Also the forum for profiling discussions.

Turns out Jacob Levy is not only a convicted thief but was still stealing from people according to his wife and documents.

The width of Duke Street -> https://wiki.casebook.org/images/d/d9/DukeStreet.jpg

JtR was only a few meters away from them. Even Begg notes Joseph Levy seems not to be telling us everything about what he witnessed.

Joseph Levy is Jacob Levy's cousin.

Means, motive and opportunity.

Between King's article and that Rip article, there is absolutely no reason to reject that here is the best JtR candidate who meets the criteria for the geographic profile and is leagues ahead of everyone else, save Kozminski.

Anyway, I come and go from here after asking what I needed to ask and reading what I need to read. So thanks for the help and references, but essentially, for myself, this is it. As long as Levy is there and no one to compete with those sort of details discovered with Levy, then there is no reason why the case for Levy shouldn't be the direction of research that points at JtR. Plausible alternatives just don't have all that circumstantial evidence again them.

As a note, Swanson seems to believe JtR died in an asylum. Yet Kozminski wasn't dead when he wrote that. Levy died in an asylum though. The similarities between Levy and Kozminski are striking. You can't fail to think with Levy that you are reading everything that you would expect Kozminski to have been. Kozminski is like Jacob Levy *Lite*.

Anyway, for anyone reading this geographic profile thread, this is basically where I am going to pause and say to some degree of confidence that the geographic profile should also be included in the case for Jacob Levy and that others have made the case for him better than I could, given all the evidence we have.

I am quite happy with this Jacob Levy find. It makes the most sense. I could easily place those writings at the end of Philip Sudgen's The Complete History of Jack the Ripper and it would all flow just fine from start to finish without looking out of place at all.

I wasn't expecting a syphilitic mad butcher to be out at night in the heart of the murders. The investigation files (what's left of them) doesn't seem to indicate such a person even existed at the time or would have been found. One would think such a person would be noticed by them. It appears he wasn't. Yet here he was all the time. Jacob Levy would have known the areas of the murders extremely well from growing up around the place and doing business.

Have fun, stay safe. For now, this is it for me. A lot of answers merged with this one person and that's better than I could ask for or expected.

Over and out.

Batman
    what about Hyam hyams? another mad jew who lived in the area.weve got jacob levy, kosminski, hyam hyams? David Cohen? how many other local crazy jews should we throw into the mix?
    Last edited by Abby Normal; 12-14-2018, 08:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Actually, thinking it through...
    I've taken this to a Levy thread.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    Think it through, and it's not illogical at all.
    Actually, thinking it through is what tells us that it IS illogical. Not impossible in any way, but less logical than a beeline to home from Mitre Square.

Speaking about logic, how logical is it to summon the police for a door-to-door in your neighborhood by disposing of the rag so close by? Maybe I need to think that through too? And of course, Jacob WAS mad.
    Last edited by Fisherman; 12-14-2018, 07:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Maybe he was running so fast that he misjudged the braking time? Overshot is overshot, Gareth, it is an illogical factor that - though not ruling Levy out - speaks against him as a candidate.
    Think it through, and it's not illogical at all.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Let's once and for all establish that it is a proven presence in an area that make the dwellers there of interest as potential suspects.
    Let's also once and for all establish that you do not have to LIVE in an area to have a proven presence there - any person who does not live in such an area but who can be shown to be present in the area for other reasons on a daily basis is just as viable as a suspect as anybody living there.
    Because it is a proven presence in the area that allows for building a case in the first place.

The next step is to narrow down the geographical premises, and say that anybody who has a proven presence or reason to have been present in the vicinity of the murder sites is a better suspect than any one who has no such proven presence or reason to be present.

And the final step is to admit that anybody who can be proven to have been present at one or more of the actual murder sites at a time that is consistent with being the killer, is the very best suspect there can be, geographically speaking.

Much effort has been spent denying these very obvious facts. To no avail, though. That particular game is up now.
    Last edited by Fisherman; 12-14-2018, 07:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    How does that rule Lechmere out in any shape or form?
    Who's ruling him out? I'm just pointing out the fact that there would have been thousands more men who were better placed than him to commit, and get away with, murder at any given time.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    The article says:

36, Middlesex Street where Kelly's London Business Directory for 1888 lists Jacob Levy, his wife Sarah, and numerous children as residing, with Jacob once again employed as a butcher.

Did Kelly’s provide information on where families lived?

I know it’s a small error
    Is it an error? I have no reason to suppose that the Levy family lived off-premises and, even if they did, it's interesting enough to know that JL definitely had a foothold in Middlesex Street at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    That there were THOUSANDS of local men better placed to access, and escape from, the scenes of the crimes at any time, without needing any excuses to place them there.
    How does that rule Lechmere out in any shape or form? How does it lower his value as a suspect, given that we KNOW that he WAS in the area on a daily basis. Is that not the exact thing an address there says about any of your thousands of potential killers? That they are linked to the area?
    Well, so is Lechmere.
    Speaking about an "excuse" in this context is rude and not very clever. After all, we are looking for people who have links to the area and the murder spots. I understand that it irks you that Lechmere fits the bill, but why speak of excuses when you discuss him? Have you ever spoken about how people make excuses to place Kosminski in the vicinity? I should think not - that would be rude and not very clever, right?
    Last edited by Fisherman; 12-14-2018, 06:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    Just on that point, which I too thought might be significant, it's interesting that Levy wouldn't have overshot his home by much; it's almost literally just around the corner. In the image below, the "Happy Days" restaurant is where the apron was deposited, and "Artisan House" is 36 Middlesex Street, Levy's home:
    Maybe he was running so fast that he misjudged the braking time? Overshot is overshot, Gareth, it is an illogical factor that - though not ruling Levy out - speaks against him as a candidate.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    What exact problem is it you are having with Lechmere, geographically?
    That there were THOUSANDS of local men better placed to access, and escape from, the scenes of the crimes at any time, without needing any excuses to place them there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X