Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
    Is there something wrong with giving things context like...
    • Close to where Tabram was attacked sexually also.
    • People told lies about Tabram's murder.
    • Meaning the possibility Smith didn't tell the truth either.
    • and almost all (if not all) seemingly having links to C5 through several different possibilities.

and most of all...

... we have a killer learning and evolving their MO and signature, so it chronologically works too. As does Tabram.
    Not sure all of that makes sense. I think I get the bit about lies possibly being told in the Tabram case meaning it's possible that Smith didn't tell the truth either.

Congratulations on that! I hope you have a large mantle piece, because there's another golden statuette on its way to you. Although before I pay the postage can I just check that this was your brainwave and not something Tom Wescott heard from Fiona Rule who got it from someone who may have once read a book on the subject.
    Last edited by MrBarnett; 10-24-2018, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
      Not sure all of that makes sense. I think I get the bit about lies possibly being told in the Tabram case meaning it's possible that Smith didn't tell the truth either.
      Can you explain why it doesn't make sense?

Yes, that bit about people lying a lot was part of it.
      Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Just dipped into Fiona Rule's book and started to read the chapter on the Mary Ann Austin murder. My jaw dropped when I read that Crossingham's 35, Dorset Street establishment was 'reserved for women only'. Oh dear, what a blooper.

That said, it's a book I admire enormously. But I wouldn't take someone else's regurgitation of its contents as a reliable source - least of all someone with an agenda.

Comment

Can you explain why it doesn't make sense?

Yes, that bit about people lying a lot was part of it.
          The last bullet point. Almost all of what?

Comment

The last bullet point. Almost all of what?
            JtR's victims.

Comment

That said, it's a book I admire enormously. But I wouldn't take someone else's regurgitation of its contents as a reliable source - least of all someone with an agenda.
              What agenda?

Comment

JtR's victims.
                So almost all of JTR's victims 'seemingly had links to C5 through various possibilities'?

Is English your first language?

Have you ever heard of Professor Stanley Unwin?
                Last edited by MrBarnett; 10-24-2018, 05:45 PM.

Comment

What agenda?
                  Trying to convince the world that Charles Grand was behind the WM would be my guess.

Comment

Just dipped into Fiona Rule's book and started to read the chapter on the Mary Ann Austin murder. My jaw dropped when I read that Crossingham's 35, Dorset Street establishment was 'reserved for women only'. Oh dear, what a blooper.

I should add that according to Fiona Rule the man who accompanied Mary Austin into 35, Dorset Street was found and identified himself as her husband. An even bigger blooper than the previous one. Don't let that discourage you from quoting Tom quoting her as a reliable source, though, Caped Crusader.
                    Last edited by MrBarnett; 10-24-2018, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• Why would emma smith lie and say she was attacked by more than one man if she was only attacked by one man?? Makes absolutely no sense.
                      "Is all that we see or seem
                      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                        Why would emma smith lie and say she was attacked by more than one man if she was only attacked by one man?? Makes absolutely no sense.
                        A motive for the type of sex assault that killed Emma Smith is the problem against a backdrop of the JtR series. The fact she was stabbed in the vagina with a blunt instrument during a robbery is what stands out. This robbery was therefore particularly savage and a sexual assault turned sexual homicide.

Walter Dew of H Division concluded Smith was a JtR victim, after all the murders had occurred. The press had linked Smith and Tabram. The later Tabram and Nichols. Around the time of Anne Chapman and the release of Pizer the press seemed to drop Smith and Tabram.

Smith as a standalone case draws attention to itself for the savagery and not much else, but when that area of Whitechapel (the hot zone) starts to see the evolution of a serial killer who is also attacking Women in their private parts then Smith should be looked at again.

What Smith tells us, is that a gang is attacking women and sexually assaulted them in a sexual homicide. However, the motive of just robbery isn't sufficient to explain the assault she sustained. It was more than just robbery. Also when we look at Tabram we find that robbery is almost certainly not a reason and the same for Nichols. So we apply that back to Smith and find ourselves looking at her case through a new lens and it seems to make a lot of sense that she was not telling the truth. Untruths popping up around Tabram also draw suspicion.

It's not that Emma Smith couldn't have been attacked by a gang, it is just unlikely that a gang attack can explain the motive for the sexual assault she sustained. Then coincidentally similar sexual homicides start occurring around the same area expanding outwards. Smith and Tabram chronologically fit with Nichols.

Comment

• Originally posted by etenguy View Post
                          As strong a possibility as others that have been suggested.

Yeah.Possibility.Spitalfields Market was the busiest place,at 3:00 am-morning,in Spitalfields.In/out there with horses/wagons/carts/produce/cargoes,people setting things up,buyers,he could be "anonymous".The dates,perhaps times,to me are significant.

---
                          Last edited by Varqm; 10-25-2018, 12:58 AM.
                          Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                          M. Pacana

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                            Hi harry

Fair enough.. but what are they then?
                            Can't say, Abby. There are no other murders/crimes that could definitely be tied to the same killer. Also, we don't have the benefit of knowing the killer's movements prior to the Whitechapel series. He may have committed crimes in other parts of the country or further ashore. I'm far from convinced Tabram is the missing link, however.

Comment

A motive for the type of sex assault that killed Emma Smith is the problem against a backdrop of the JtR series. The fact she was stabbed in the vagina with a blunt instrument during a robbery is what stands out. This robbery was therefore particularly savage and a sexual assault turned sexual homicide.

There is no evidence of a robbery, that is pure speculation based on the fact that she was found with no money on her

Walter Dew of H Division concluded Smith was a JtR victim, after all the murders had occurred. The press had linked Smith and Tabram. The later Tabram and Nichols. Around the time of Anne Chapman and the release of Pizer the press seemed to drop Smith and Tabram.

Smith as a standalone case draws attention to itself for the savagery and not much else, but when that area of Whitechapel (the hot zone) starts to see the evolution of a serial killer who is also attacking Women in their private parts then Smith should be looked at again.

What Smith tells us, is that a gang is attacking women and sexually assaulted them in a sexual homicide. However, the motive of just robbery isn't sufficient to explain the assault she sustained. It was more than just robbery. Also when we look at Tabram we find that robbery is almost certainly not a reason and the same for Nichols. So we apply that back to Smith and find ourselves looking at her case through a new lens and it seems to make a lot of sense that she was not telling the truth. Untruths popping up around Tabram also draw suspicion.

It's not that Emma Smith couldn't have been attacked by a gang, it is just unlikely that a gang attack can explain the motive for the sexual assault she sustained. Then coincidentally similar sexual homicides start occurring around the same area expanding outwards. Smith and Tabram chronologically fit with Nichols.
                              The motive could have been plain and simple. If Smith had been working for a gang as a prostitute, and they had found out that she had either been keeping some of her earnings, or doing business unknown to them, what better way to teach her a lesson than to damage her work tool, not only to teach here a lessonm but any others who might be contemplating private enterprise

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                                The motive could have been plain and simple. If Smith had been working for a gang as a prostitute, and they had found out that she had either been keeping some of her earnings, or doing business unknown to them, what better way to teach her a lesson than to damage her work tool, not only to teach here a lessonm but any others who might be contemplating private enterpris
                                This explanation has been brought up before, but there are no examples of this happening in Whitechapel to prostitutes as punishment.

It was even considered that JtR was targetting the opposition's workforce, but that doesn't seem to get much support either.

Basically, it makes no sense for them to damage their own products this way permanently.

Also why isn't the competition bringing this to the attention of the police that they are being targetted, specifically by persons A, B and C.

There just doesn't seem to be a historical record of this going on which is strange if it is was happening. One would think the mutilation of gangs of their own prostitute workers, or the competitions, would be big news.

Yet seemingly nothing reported like this at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X