If the 'Dear Boss' letter is a hoax...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    The letter is normative. And the crime is close to the norm.
    In what context?

Comment

It is no guess. There is an external source also.
      Here we go again, unknown secret source.

External to what Pierre?

Steve

Comment

It is no guess. There is an external source also.
        There is no "external source" here Pierre. That is perfectly clear. You always fall back on pretending that you have more information that you can't reveal, once your arguments have collapsed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
          Here we go again, unknown secret source.

External to what Pierre?

Steve
          Methinks, Steve, it's just more faux academic jargon, and a resort to ambiguity to cloak, albeit not too successfully, a complete lack of ideas on how to answer your posts.

Some excellent posts, by the way: pity Pierre seems so reluctant to properly address them!

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
            There is no "external source" here Pierre. That is perfectly clear. You always fall back on pretending that you have more information that you can't reveal, once your arguments have collapsed.
            Maybe he's buried the unreaveled information in a secret vault somewhere in the Swiss Alps and he can't remember the location. His poor sense of geography would seem to lend support to this theory!

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
              Methinks, Steve, it's just more faux academic jargon, and a resort to ambiguity to cloak, albeit not too successfully, a complete lack of ideas on how to answer your posts.

Some excellent posts, by the way: pity Pierre seems so reluctant to properly address them!
              I don't think he is reluctant to answer them

Just unable to.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

John

I think you may be right.

I wish he would try and reply seriously, and if wrong admit it.

To do as he has today and claim he has no position to defend is ..... well unbelievable.

Thanks for the kind comments, just trying to get answers.

Comment

• I think some people are just full of bullshit.

Comment

• The shortest route from Henriques (Berner) Street to Mitre Square passes along what is now St Botolph St (North of the Aldgate and St Botolph without) to Duke Place and St James' Passage. The Minories would be a diversion. Of course Ludwig did try to attack a woman in The Minories and was cleared due to being still imprisoned at the time of the double event.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                      ...nothing you have said on this forum makes sense does it?
                      Fixed it for you Sir...

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                        I think some people are just full of bullshit.

I was thinking full of hubris myself.
                        These are not clues, Fred.
                        It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
                        They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
                        And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
                        We will not.

Comment

In what context?
                          The letter is normative as to the crimes on the 30th September. It gives the intended date, time and area for the murders.

And the crimes were close to the norm, i.e. the intentions of the murderer.

The murders were committed at the intended date, the murderer was committing the crimes at the intended time and he was working in the intended area. He "was at work" there, meaning he searched for two victims in that area and also killed the two he found.

Comment

The letter is normative as to the crimes on the 30th September. It gives the intended date, time and area for the murders.
                            Yet the letter does not mention the date of 30th September for the murders.

The time is given in the letter as midnight, when no murders occurred.

The "area" is given as Minories, where no murders took place.

Even if the killer intended to kill two women in the Minories at midnight on 30 September, do you accept that those women could not possibly have been saved if the letter had been received prior to the murders and taken seriously?

Comment

The murders were committed at the intended date, the murderer was committing the crimes at the intended time and he was working in the intended area. He "was at work" there, meaning he searched for two victims in that area and also killed the two he found.
                              You seem to have abandoned the theory about the 'Dear Boss' letter which was the reason you started posting in this 'Dear Boss' thread. You don't even mention the 'Dear Boss' letter now.

There is no evidence, incidentally, that the killer was ever in the Minories that night and he might well have avoided the area entirely.

Comment

• Hi, Pierre.

I wonder if you believe the murderer / culprit / Ripper, was in some way involved in the Salvation Army organisation?

Yours, Caligo
                                https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/flag_uk.gif "I know why the sun never sets on the British Empire: God wouldn't trust an Englishman in the dark."

Comment

Working...
                                X