2010 Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solving the ripper mystery

Hello Dave. And who are the ONLY people to solve the Ripper mystery?

Go here:

The kamikaze Scotsmen sketch, including the "No time to lose" clinic

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• LOL well played my friend! Dave
      We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

• Hello, Lynn.
        The major Macdonald chap in the sketch was very decisive. I'll remember his approach if I ever need to commit suicide.
        Yes, I think I've heard of January 25 in Scotland. And interestingly, all of my Scotish friends happen to have green thumbs (well, not literally, although some of my Alien friends do happen to have green thumbs).
        I lead a VERY boring life, for sure. Saturday night and my occupations are 1)laundrying the bed sheets, 2)trying to motivate myself to have a shower after almost a week. Some friends are coming over for a late dinner and DVDs and I've just put pumpkins around, but NO edible ones are available anymore. Of course, noone else thought of bying any. But at least they're bringing beer. Now, is it too bad if I ommit the shower part? It'll be even more Halloweenish so...
        Best regards,
        Maria

Comment

• try it

Hello Maria. Is your life boring because you're English? Cheer up! Now you, too, can become a Scots lassie.

Yes! An Englishman CAN become a Scotsman.

Go here:

Try it!

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

• on behalf of Colin Cobb

To All

After much discussion with Adam Wood I am pleased to announce Belfast to host the Jack the Ripper Conference 2011.

This has gone from the drawing board to a reality with the help of many contacts in my field of work which is Tourism.

In the last few weeks there has been speculation, criticism and things being perceived as underhanded. Like most things in a public forum it seems things got out of hand and maybe over inflated.

In truth our Belfast proposition actually goes back to 2009 when I first proposed a conference in Belfast when at the Kings Stores in London. I then proposed it again in 2010.

It has received great support and im very proud to host this Conference next sept/oct 2011.

So the blunt end of all of this there will be two conferences next year, one in Belfast and the other in London or Cardiff.

London or Cardiff will be hosted by the Whitechapel Society.

We will host the Belfast Conference.

But who is Official here?

Well the Belfast Conference has received the blessing of Adam Wood and all information and booking for this conference will be on the official conference website at www.ripperconference.com in the next week.
            I will let you decide whether you think this is Official or not.

Why is there no Vote?

Good Question, the main problem we have is that a very large number of people wanted to go to Belfast for the Conference.
            Not everyone of course as it won’t suit all people.
            If we voted and we won, the Whitechapel Society will still be holding a Conference regardless.

If we had lost the Vote then the entire supporters of Belfast would only be left with the Whitechapel Society conference and a large number of people did not want the Official Conference being merged into a WS event.

This of course is not what Adam wanted either and after Belfast is finished then the Torch will be handed to someone else of Neutral Stance to host the conference. Of this I will give my full support.

We will make a further announcement when all information is on the website.

I’m once again very proud to be hosting the conference I will promise to put on a good show for you all.

Im hoping Belfast will put the Jack the Ripper conference officially back on the road of different and unique venues around the uk.

It will be an adventure for all.

Colin Cobb

Comment

• Too late. I was about to propose a conference in Scotland, preferably in a haunted castle. (But Cardif, with the Whitechapel Society?)
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

• I have been assured by Adrian Morris that the Whitechapel Society have no intention to hold an event in Cardiff, which I was a little concerned about seeing as a) myself and Jon Rees had been the original people to suggest that city, and b) we are looking at a small scale regional meet there in Spring.

I was therefore a little surprised to see Frogg continuing to make reference to it, but have contacted Adrian to make sure the situation remains the same. So, for now, I wouldn't take that suggestion too seriously, Maria.

Comment

• No problem about Cardiff, Trevor, I was not even suggesting it seriously. As a matter of fact, my ideal venue for a Ripperological conference would always be Whitechapel. There are so many “routes“ I want to try there...
                  Have a nice evening and I'm going back to my friends, we've just made “surfer's curry“ (with meat, rice, and bananas). And there are Coronas with lime...
                  Best regards,
                  Maria

Comment

• The great thing about having a Ripper conference is that it could be held almost anywhere and there would be some sort of connection to one of the suspects: Buenos Aires, Glasgow, New York, San Francisco, Paris, Dieppe, Washington, Joliet, and even London (Ontario) all spring to mind. But Whitechapel has to be, always, the best choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                      How does a bloke get to be called Lynn?

This is a new one on me.
                      Hello Stephen,

I seem to remember a wonderful Welsh long jumper called Lynn Davies... he won the Olympic Gold Medal in the event in 1964 in Tokyo. He also competed in the 100metres too. He is now 68 years old, and President of the UK Members Council (Athletics).

best wishes

Phil
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                      Accountability? ....

Comment

• muchas gracias

Hello Phil. Thanks for that.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• Well, Whitechapel is my favorite venue due to the fact that I'm a newbie to Ripperology.
                          Some nice Halloweenish movies were running on German TV tonight. Malice, The fly (the remake by Cronenberg). The latter made me stop eating, especially since our “surfer's curry“ looks totally brown...
                          Last edited by mariab; 10-31-2010, 05:02 AM.
                          Best regards,
                          Maria

Comment

• Originally posted by tnb View Post
                            I have been assured by Adrian Morris that the Whitechapel Society have no intention to hold an event in Cardiff, which I was a little concerned about seeing as a) myself and Jon Rees had been the original people to suggest that city, and b) we are looking at a small scale regional meet there in Spring.
                            Which we have already started looking for old buildings with possible Ripper links for!

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                              Hello Stephen,

I seem to remember a wonderful Welsh long jumper called Lynn Davies... he won the Olympic Gold Medal in the event in 1964 in Tokyo. He also competed in the 100metres too. He is now 68 years old, and President of the UK Members Council (Athletics).

best wishes

Phil
                              and john wayne was born 'Marion'
                              http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

• Kim was a common American boy's name in the late 50s. Why not Lynn? I've known a few Lynns (males) in my time and they were good guys... a little feminine, but....

Mike
                                huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X