No announcement yet.

2010 Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately there are still one or two traces of this on the web.

It's an old story :

Cyberstalker Felicity Jane Lowde has been caught by police as she sat in an Internet cafe typing away.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

• I wonder who these alleged “7 individuals“ posting the blog are. I bet it's one or 2 persons max, not 7! (I do hope it's not AP, who tends to get blamed for everything!) I'm sure that the more experienced Ripperologists would have a pretty clear idea of who this SSR poster is.
      On another matter, not quite related, I've been staying in bed for a day (feeling a bit sluggish after the flu/cold + antibiotics), lazily reading old threads on casebook, and I got completely engrossed (among else) in an old thread from 2008 discussing the early stage of the US presidential election which (perhaps not too surprisingly) soon turned into a heated discussion about gender issues, and everybody started spilling their personal issues – with much honesty and ardor! And there I encountered for the very first time posts by an individual from Britain named Maria, who most probably must have been the Maria Birchwood I've been hearing about, as several people initially thought I was her, that she had started posting again under a slightly altered name. I have to say, it feels a bit disturbing to see my name under such illogical, argumentatively erratic posts. I wouldn't have reacted as violently as some of the other posters in the discussion did, but I definitely see where their wrath came from!
      For the other posters spilling(!) during that discussion, some of whom I've been posting with almost daily for a few months now, I can only say ! Having “heard“ (well, read) them talk so ardently and openly about their private life, I understand them even better now, and feel even more sympathy and friendship for them. (If that's OK, and I definitely didn't mean to post this as a tearjerker and a Kumbaya fest!
      (My my my, I have to confess I've never been through such an intense forum as casebook, in every sense of the word! No wonder it's so addictive...)
      Best regards,
      Maria

Comment

• Hi Maria

The person who instigated this blog was convicted of stalking/haressment of a victim of the London terror bombings.

There are very many of us on the Casebook who were in one way or another affected by her over a long period of time by this woman.

It is something that we do not want to be reminded of.

I know that you do not probably did not know about this but I hope that you and everyone else will drop this topic.

Coral

PS what has it got to do with the 2010 London Conference?
        Last edited by coral; 10-29-2010, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• To Coral:
          Thank you for explaining, as I wasn't quite clear even after having visited the 2 links kindly posted here by Robert.
          Coral wrote:
          What has it got to do with the 2010 London Conference?

Absolutely nothing, but I certainly didn't want to start a new thread with this, and it was the most sensible/swift choice for alerting Ripperologists about this. I'm very glad it's been taken care of legally, and that there is no reason to be affected anymore by any of this. (Perhaps the admin might even decide to erase it from this thread, after perhaps taking legal actions to also erase the link I've posted below from the internet. It very much looks like it's the last one left.)
          Best regards,
          Maria

Comment

• Thanks Maria.

And yes I hope admin deletes this as it affected them as well.

Coral
            LOL

Comment

• Sure thing, Coral. I hope they manage to remove the last internet link as well.
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

• how did you dig up a link on Lynn , Maria?

Comment

• Kinda embarrassing to say, but I was lying sluggishly in bed (recovering from the flu and antibiotics) very early this morning, reading up film reviews on amazon.com and wikipedia, and at some point I might've probably googled him. (I know, embarrassing...) Was very surprised when Austin turned up instead of Strathinie, or Edinburgh, or something! (I truly hope Lynn will not be too annoyed that I not only stalked him, but even “outed“ him!)

The other link (with the libelous content) I've accidentally found when looking up for very old casebook threads, which I've discovered a way of locating by simply typing “casebook“ on the American google (NOT the british one: www.google.com). No idea if there're still some of the lost threads before the crash out there...
                  Best regards,
                  Maria

Comment

• Oh well,alls well that ends well,hope you get over the flu soon[for everybody"s sake--only kidding! ]!

Comment

• Hope it still ends well! (Depends on Lynn's reaction when he finds out...!)
                      Sincere apologies, the flu hit and I was physically too exhausted to even turn around in bed, but kinda mentally hyperactive, so curiosity killed the cat, cat wanted to play, with questionable results...!
                      But tonight I'm working, and tomorrow I hope to get up (and patiently entangle my naturally acquired dreadlocks, and change that filthy Tshirt, and wash up... scary efforts, after so much time in bed...
                      Last edited by mariab; 10-30-2010, 02:25 AM.
                      Best regards,
                      Maria

Comment

• och

Hello Maria. Well, there's a saying--"Wherever MacGregor sits, it's the head of the table."

Similarly, the true Scotsman takes a little piece of Scotland along with him. Don't think so? Just look at all the trees and flowers I've planted here.

Join me on Burn's night for mah haggis?

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• How does a bloke get to be called Lynn?

This is a new one on me.
                          allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Hello, Lynn,
                            I'm SO sorry to have stalked you!
                            Scottish trees? What kind? Has Burn's night something to do with the poet Robert Burns? Is there also a Walther Scott night? (I'd be much more familiar with the latter, due to so many opera librettos which were arranged from his plays...)
                            Haggis I'm not too sure, probably yeah, but a few (a lot of) whiskies I don't think I'd ever be in the position to decline, even from my deathbed!
                            As it goes with season's celebrations, I didn't manage to properly get up but a few hours ago (after having been sick) and could only run to the basic grocery store, so I'm totally out of pumpkin, and now it's too late (as the shops in Germany close depressingly, provincially early). But at least I'm cleaning the place, I'm putting on Halloween decorations, and we might even go to the movies later tonight.
                            Best regards,
                            Maria

Comment

• Is there a Mc Teagle night?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Dave
                              We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

• errata

Hello Maria. Not a problem (although you may have a very boring life, heh-heh).

I was referring to the fact that there is greenery all about. ALL the Scots have green thumbs.

Yes Robert Burns (pronounced Rabbie Bairns). His day is January 25. MUST have haggis then.

Now, if only they'd see reason and hold the next Ripper conference in Scotland.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X