No announcement yet.

Ripper Conference 2009: London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey do the Travelodge- it's easy! I can find my way back and fore- failing that the cat will!! ...............and we can always take a ball of string!!!!!! xx
    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Can anyone tell me what tube lines run through the nearest station? That way if I decide to go, I can pick a hotel that's off that line.
      Last edited by Ally; 02-15-2009, 07:28 PM.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Where's the Travel Lodge? I've tried the link on the website to accommodation, but it doesn't seem to do anything (probably more to do with my connection being temperamental)

Ball of string sounds like a good idea.

I'll make sure I bring a mobile 'phone full of photos of a certain fat ginger cat and a chubby tortie mommy cat. I'm trying to film Bodie drinking hot chocolate by sticking her paw in it and licking it, but it's getting the lighting right!
        Once is happenstance; twice is coincidence. The third time, it's enemy action.

Comment

That of all weekends. I can't come. My wife's on an osteopathy training Thur-Sun and I'm alone in charge of the kids.
          I'm heartbroken

C

Comment

I just checked Travel Lodge and it said they are fully booked! How many rooms do you need Suzi!
            Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
              Can anyone tell me what tube lines run through the nearest station? That way if I decide to go, I can pick a hotel that's off that line.
              Liverpool Street, Aldgate and Algate East are all within walking (tottering) distance Ally- be GREAT if you can come!!! xxxxxxxx

Comment

I did it straight away......... Blimey is this the same one??? London Liverpool St one here- even me and the cat can't fill a double room on our own- even with our mobile bar! xxx

Comment

Ally,

Liverpool Street is the closest station, so you've got a nice selection of lines from which to choose: Central, Circle, Metropolitan, or Hammersmith & City.

Comment

There's the Ibis Hotel at the bottom of Commercial Street about a minute walk from Aldgate East. Which is where I'll be.

Rob

Comment

Try the Ibis on Commercial St or City Hotel on Brick Lane/Osborne St... both very reasonable, and appear to have rooms available as of 5 minutes ago.

Adam

Comment

I've also performed a quick booking on the Travelodge and it says there are double rooms available at £85 per night.

Adam

Comment

There's the Ibis Hotel at the bottom of Commercial Street about a minute walk from Aldgate East. Which is where I'll be.

Rob
                          Excellent. Cos I'll be staying at yours Rob.

Squatters rights, squatters rights.

Monty
                          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                            Ally,

Liverpool Street is the closest station, so you've got a nice selection of lines from which to choose: Central, Circle, Metropolitan, or Hammersmith & City.

Thanks, but uh...can you tell me what the colors are? Nah I can look it up, thanks!

Let all Oz be agreed;
                            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                              Me too, Clacky. I think it's my round...

Monty, too, I see. Sounds like a recipe for a good time!
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                                I just checked Travel Lodge and it said they are fully booked! How many rooms do you need Suzi!
                                Suzi's opted for self cat-ering
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
                                X