No announcement yet.

Ripper Conference 2009: London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent! I just hope that there's a library near Widegate Street so that I can look up half-remembered quotations, should the need arise.

Comment

I am coming to London,
      Regards Mike

Comment

Oooh the 'need'!!!! sure there will be the odd (!) one or two!
        'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Stupid question from an American tourist...

Which airport would be the best to fly into if I had to taxi to the East End? Or is it best to hop on the tube?

JM

Comment

Hi Jon
            I'd say Gatwick- Gatwick Express from there to Waterloo and tube to Aldgate or Aldgate East...... A taxi would cost you a years wages! (Let's put it this way- it costs £20 from Aldgate to Waterloo by cab!

Suz x
            'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Thanks Suzi !!!

JM

Comment

With my luck, I go nowhere near airports!
                Regards Mike

Comment

Hi JM

London has 3 main airports, Heathrow, Gatwick and Stanstead. All are a half hour mainline train ride away from central London. There's a tube line from Heathrow but it takes ages. Taxis are quite expensive.

Stephen
                  allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

When I came last year I used Taxi's to get around, and it was pretty expensive, but later in the day, I took the tube, and couldn't believe how cheap it was, even if I was squashed in like a sardine! It was all part of the experience!
                    Regards Mike

Comment

And Adam,

You say King's Stores boasts state of the art multi-media. I assume that means they have Wi-Fi?

JM

Comment

Am I right in assuming a live podcast of sorts is on the veritable ripper table of cards?
                        Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                          Stupid question from an American tourist...

Which airport would be the best to fly into if I had to taxi to the East End? Or is it best to hop on the tube?

JM
                          If you're coming from America, make sure you buy a prepaid transit pass (Oyster Card) before you leave home. You'll pay a lot less than the locals.

Check this website for more details:

Bulldog

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                            Am I right in assuming a live podcast of sorts is on the veritable ripper table of cards?
                            I've not discussed anything of the sort with conference organizers, and I'm not 100% sure that I am going (airfare currently $550 for 1 person). But I am wondering, if needed for some reason, I could fire up my laptop.

JM

Comment

Wi Fi

Actually gents, everything I've seen so far is wired... big screens throughout, with DVD, sound system and laptop hookup... but I haven't asked whether wi fi is enabled!

I'll find out and get back asap.

I like the idea of a live podcast... I had already considered the possibility of a live web feed for those folk who can't attend... if you'd care to discuss this, please email me direct at adamwood55@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks
                              Adam

Comment

Oh damn. I get lost in my own back yard, so negotiating hotel to venue is a big problem for me. I'll have to see what accommodation I can find, but I'll probably wait until the programme is announced before deciding whether I attend or not.
                                Once is happenstance; twice is coincidence. The third time, it's enemy action.

Comment

Working...
                                X