Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celesta
    replied
    It's nice to see what people look like. Looks like it was a nice experience. Thanks for the photos, All.

Leave a comment:

• Suzi
    replied
    Yep I thought that............hmmmmmmmmmm p'raps this Knoxville lark was actually staged in Toynbee Hall a la the moon landing etc etc ( )

I LURVE the Dids pic Philip!!!- bring the rest to the Xmas 'do' for the cat's opinion!!- x
    Last edited by Suzi; 11-18-2008, 06:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• John Bennett
    replied
    That Miller's Buildings arch is spookily remeniscent....

Shouldn't it read 'Erected by the Four Per Cent Industrial Dwellings Co. Ltd 1886'?

Leave a comment:

• George Hutchinson
    replied

In Knoxville's Market Square - inaccurate but amusing.

Out for a meal after the last day of the Conference. Clockwise from L : Julie, Alan, Kelly, Dan, Me, Martin, Karen.

On the day I flew back, the hotel from the car park. The weather was like this throughout. Knoxville was a beautiful, clean, sunny place - though bereft of shops, it seems.

PHILIP

Leave a comment:

• George Hutchinson
    replied

The lovely Eugenia Parry giving her talk on the 1890s French crime scene photo album she bought in Paris.

Alan showing how the East End prostitutes used to stand to attract customers. And something to do with Special Branch.

Here's one for Suzi. Suzi - there's several Dids shots but this one's my favourite.

Martin signing one of the millions of things I brought along.

Alan in the hotel car park, with Knoxville's Sun Sphere behind him.

PHILIP

Leave a comment:

• George Hutchinson
    replied

Me doing the talk on The Whitby Collection and the Dutfields Yard photo.

Dunno who this bloke is.

Martin Fido turns the hotel into an ancient Aztec city and, wearing the crown of the Aztec kings, orders a sacrifice.

Rick, Rob and Alan.

Me and my new best mate.

PHILIP

Leave a comment:

• George Hutchinson
    replied
    For those of you who aren't on How's site, here's some of my photos from the weekend :

The view from my hotel room window!

Kelly and Dan opening the Conference.

Dan giving a talk on developments and news in the world of Ripperology in 2008.

Rob McLaughlin talking about the victim photos and Joseph Martin.

Tim Riordan giving a new angle on Dr T.

PHILIP

Leave a comment:

• George Hutchinson
    replied
    Nope. But it might have been!

PHILIP

Leave a comment:

• Mike Covell
    replied
    Is that the lady who took the Dutfields Yard picture?

Leave a comment:

• Kelly
    replied

Philip Hutchinson tries to top Riordan in the Who's-More-Relaxed? Contest.

"...and when we enlarge this area of the cobblestones, we see something very unusual..." Oops. Wrong pic.

Leave a comment:

• Kelly
    replied

Robert McLaughlin gets serious.

People's backs, Robert's front, and the back of Tabram's photograph.

Robert's Q & A session.

Man, is this guy relaxed. He must give a lecture on his research every day after breakfast, or something.

Timothy Riordan is just getting warmed up (before we see the real Tumblety photo).

Man, is this guy relaxed. He must give a lecture on his research every day after breakfast, or something.

Leave a comment:

• richie
    replied
    Thanks For Letting Me Know, I Hope All Goes Well ,
    Myself I Will Be Heading To The Docklands Exibition Next Saturday In Somewhat Chillier Climate.

Leave a comment:

• Kelly
    replied
    Hi Richie. The conference is held in alternate years in the US and the UK. Next year's will be in the UK and the location is rumored to be announced soon.

The last several US events have been held in Baltimore. When it was announced that there would not be a US event in 2008 while the regular organizers took a hiatus, Dan Norder and I decided to host one so we wouldn't have to wait two years for a US Conference.

The simple answer is: it was in Knoxville because we are.

Leave a comment:

• richie
    replied
    knoxville

HI PLEASE CAN YOU TELL ME WHY THE CONFERENCE IS IN KNOXVILLE USA?,I HAVE ONLY JUST JOINED THE CASE BOOK FORUM.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Kel:

Unless your computer makes the gentleman in question appear differently than what mine does, the guy in post 127 ( sitting behind Alan ) doesn't have blonde hair....and sort of does look like me.

This may be important...he might be a doppleganger...Nina thought it was me too. I wasn't there at the RipCon....but maybe my doppleganger was.

Ask Ally is he looks like me or not...where's she at?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X