2008 Ripper Conference, Knoxville, TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kelly View Post
    If it seems slightly depressing it's probably because these are some of the hardcore Ripper guys and they had to take time out from Ripper content to actually eat. So sad.
    I have dropped my Ripper A-Z in my bucket of chicken loads of times
    Regards Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
      I love Martin's tie, an homage to pyscho perhaps!!

The picture of the guy's with no name is a little upsetting, one of them has only been given a bag of chips to eat!
      I think the case may actually be that the girl that was clearing tables was so efficient... alot of us were sitting and talking so long that she was clearing as we sat.... several of us were left with our chips to nibble as we continued our lengthy lunch conversations.

That particular lunch buffet was my favorite lunch... it was a sandwich buffet with all kinds of breads and meats and cheeses and every other good thing for the filling of a huge sandwich... and CHIPS! (or Crisps as you say in England!)

Comment

• The crisp sandwhich is a popular lunch time snack!!
        Regards Mike

Comment

• Catering in Knoxville was outstanding. What was sad for me was seeing so much excellently prepared food going to waste on the afternoon of the last day.

PHILIP
          Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• Yep, a lot of people leave early on the last day to catch planes, etc. If I had it to do over again, I'd have ordered a lot less food for the last day's lunch, and I could kick myself for not calling my daughter to haul it to Food Not Bombs (she cooks for them every weekend).

Comment

• Kel:

Unless your computer makes the gentleman in question appear differently than what mine does, the guy in post 127 ( sitting behind Alan ) doesn't have blonde hair....and sort of does look like me.

This may be important...he might be a doppleganger...Nina thought it was me too. I wasn't there at the RipCon....but maybe my doppleganger was.

Ask Ally is he looks like me or not...where's she at?

Comment

• knoxville

HI PLEASE CAN YOU TELL ME WHY THE CONFERENCE IS IN KNOXVILLE USA?,I HAVE ONLY JUST JOINED THE CASE BOOK FORUM.

Comment

• Hi Richie. The conference is held in alternate years in the US and the UK. Next year's will be in the UK and the location is rumored to be announced soon.

The last several US events have been held in Baltimore. When it was announced that there would not be a US event in 2008 while the regular organizers took a hiatus, Dan Norder and I decided to host one so we wouldn't have to wait two years for a US Conference.

The simple answer is: it was in Knoxville because we are.

Comment

• Thanks For Letting Me Know, I Hope All Goes Well ,
                    Myself I Will Be Heading To The Docklands Exibition Next Saturday In Somewhat Chillier Climate.

Comment

• Robert McLaughlin gets serious.

People's backs, Robert's front, and the back of Tabram's photograph.

Robert's Q & A session.

Man, is this guy relaxed. He must give a lecture on his research every day after breakfast, or something.

Timothy Riordan is just getting warmed up (before we see the real Tumblety photo).

Man, is this guy relaxed. He must give a lecture on his research every day after breakfast, or something.

Comment

• Philip Hutchinson tries to top Riordan in the Who's-More-Relaxed? Contest.

"...and when we enlarge this area of the cobblestones, we see something very unusual..." Oops. Wrong pic.

Comment

• Is that the lady who took the Dutfields Yard picture?
                          Regards Mike

Comment

• Nope. But it might have been!

PHILIP

Comment

• For those of you who aren't on How's site, here's some of my photos from the weekend :

The view from my hotel room window!

Kelly and Dan opening the Conference.

Dan giving a talk on developments and news in the world of Ripperology in 2008.

Rob McLaughlin talking about the victim photos and Joseph Martin.

Tim Riordan giving a new angle on Dr T.

PHILIP

Comment

• Me doing the talk on The Whitby Collection and the Dutfields Yard photo.

Dunno who this bloke is.

Martin Fido turns the hotel into an ancient Aztec city and, wearing the crown of the Aztec kings, orders a sacrifice.

Rick, Rob and Alan.

Me and my new best mate.

PHILIP

Comment

Working...
                                X