Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by packers stem View Post
    Hi C4
    Please tell me you would not seriously suggest Sickert's door from his home had been used for the partition??
    If anyone starts trying to go down that route then it will just prove that ripperology is finished as a serious debate.
    I think the whole kosminsky idea has always been ridiculous but if I saw kosminsky written on the wall I'd have posted the same and thought Ok,bizarre but the proofs there...
    Sorry Packers, don't know what you are talking about. I was responding to a post from GUT.

C4

Comment

Originally posted by curious4 View Post
      Sorry Packers, don't know what you are talking about. I was responding to a post from GUT.

C4
      Apologies C4
      I should have checked...
      What I've said though just applies to the idea that the signature might be there by fluke and nothing to do with the ripper. Idea would be ridiculous ..sort of 'devils advocate' rubbish that doesn't add anything serious and doesn't help anyone
      You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Hi Harry
        I'm pretty sure he wasn't in a good state of mind at the time.
        Artists do sign their work....often just sketches that were never meant to be seen by anyone else.Most Sickert sketches were signed
        Yes, because signing a piece of art and signing a crime scene are much of a muchness.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          Yes, because signing a piece of art and signing a crime scene are much of a muchness.
          Habit??

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
            Is your real name Patricia Cornwell? Seriously I don't see anything but scribble
            Sorry Belinda but no,I'm not Patricia Cornwell.
            Until 2 weeks or so ago Sickert wasn't even my top suspect although I have wondered over the years about his paintings and thought he may have 'known' something
            I was much more inclined to something similar to Simon woods view but I've seen what I've seen,if others can't see it at the moment I can't help that.
            I'm not writing a book, if I were I would have kept this to myself.
            I have no fixed theory as such behind it..
            All I've ever been sure of is that Mary Kelly was not killed, someone else was and that the killer didn't work alone.Don't think I'll ever change my mind about either of those things.
            Lots of people are saying that can't see anything, that's fair enough.I was in a gallery yesterday, lots of scribbles and lumps of painted heaped on canvas which meant nothing to me but will do to others
            I appreciate it needs to be cleaned up but someone will take up the challenge I'm sure....

Comment

Sorry Belinda but no,I'm not Patricia Cornwell.
              Until 2 weeks or so ago Sickert wasn't even my top suspect although I have wondered over the years about his paintings and thought he may have 'known' something
              I was much more inclined to something similar to Simon woods view but I've seen what I've seen,if others can't see it at the moment I can't help that.
              I'm not writing a book, if I were I would have kept this to myself.
              I have no fixed theory as such behind it..
              All I've ever been sure of is that Mary Kelly was not killed, someone else was and that the killer didn't work alone.Don't think I'll ever change my mind about either of those things.
              Lots of people are saying that can't see anything, that's fair enough.I was in a gallery yesterday, lots of scribbles and lumps of painted heaped on canvas which meant nothing to me but will do to others
              I appreciate it needs to be cleaned up but someone will take up the challenge I'm sure....
              Interested to know what makes you so sure Mary Jane was not the Millers Court victim? Joseph Barnett did identify her and her hair was quite distinctive around the neighbourhood

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
                Interested to know what makes you so sure Mary Jane was not the Millers Court victim? Joseph Barnett did identify her and her hair was quite distinctive around the neighbourhood
                Hi Belinda
                It's one for another thread and I've discussed it many times but the best way of putting it is why should the word of Joe Barnett be viewed by us as being more reliable than Caroline Maxwell?
                We have no evidence that he was a more reliable character, there was little left to recognise...could have been anyone and her hair was soaked in blood.looking at everything we have there is more to suggest Kelly was still alive the following morning

Comment

Hi Belinda
                  It's one for another thread and I've discussed it many times but the best way of putting it is why should the word of Joe Barnett be viewed by us as being more reliable than Caroline Maxwell?
                  We have no evidence that he was a more reliable character, there was little left to recognise...could have been anyone and her hair was soaked in blood.looking at everything we have there is more to suggest Kelly was still alive the following morning
                  Well, this signature you can see, could you please post the whole picture and point out to us where the signature is?

Pierre

Comment

Hi Belinda
                    They could have washed her hair before Joseph Barnett saw her. Surely after they put her back together they would have washed her hair before burying her

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                      Well, this signature you can see, could you please post the whole picture and point out to us where the signature is?

Pierre
                      There you go Pierre,it's bang in the middle of the wall really
                      Attached Files

Comment

I don't think that's what Pierre is after packers stem.

I think he means something like the image I've attached. My rectangle is just an example. It had to be as I don't know where you're looking at either.

These are not clues, Fred.
                        It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
                        They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
                        And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
                        We will not.

Comment

Hi all,

The thing that "jumped out" at me when Packers Stem showed me what he has seen is that above and to the left of one of the images on the wall, there is very clearly what appears to be a question mark! Like most of you I've studied the phot over and over, but never noticed it before. But now when I see the photo I am drawn to it every time, a clear, unsmudged question mark on MJK's wall.

No idea what caused it (if anything) or what it could be (probably coincidence)

An interesting parlour game!

regards,
                          If I have seen further it is because I am standing on the shoulders of giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                            I don't think that's what Pierre is after packers stem.

I think he means something like the image I've attached. My rectangle is just an example. It had to be as I don't know where you're looking at either.

Hi Ozzy,

Yes, I was going to say the same thing.

It does matter which photo you are looking at though. Although the same angle there are a least two different copies of the above in existence and for example the alleged F.M. cannot be seen in one but is clear as day in the other. I think it is the one in Sugden's book which is clearest but could you confirm please PS?

This is absolutely crucial because the image above shows absolutely nothing with regards to shapes/images etc on the wall behind and I can imagine that if this was the only image you had seen, you would be forgiven for thinking that anybody seeing things on the wall was, well...seeing things!
                            But, if you are looking at the other image, the possible shapes etc are much clearer.

regards,
                            Last edited by Tecs; 09-27-2015, 04:30 PM.
                            If I have seen further it is because I am standing on the shoulders of giants.

Comment

Hi Tecs and Ozzy
                              Yes.There were two different photos.
                              The one you have reproduced Ozzy, is the one most commonly used. It has a crease from the left hand side.. It shows nothing of what I've been talking about, it seems to be over bright on the centre of the wall so may be something to do with the flash.
                              Of around 30 or so jtr books I've got, the photo we need I can only find in 4...
                              Phil Sugden's complete (paperback)
                              Paul Begg's uncensored facts (paperback)
                              Mervyn fairclough's ripper and the royals (paperback)
                              Jean Overton fuller's Sickert and the ripper crimes(hardback)
                              This photo clearly shows a crease at the bottom centre going through the bed and mattress, not on the left hand side...
                              There seems to be a washed out digitised version now showing no crease at all.
                              Although the images I've mentioned can be seen in Paul Begg's book the signature can not due to cropping
                              The largest most complete is in Jean Overton fuller's book and contrast levels are different on each version presumably due to the printing process
                              The two shots I've shown are from Sugden and Overton fuller
                              A is the characature and signature above
                              B is what I see as the woman's face and gargoyle above
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by packers stem; 09-27-2015, 09:36 PM.

Comment

I wonder why I don't post more often maybe its ridiculous threads like this one. There's nothing in the room but the unfortunate Mary Kelly. The wall is just dirty, there are no faces, no signature's on the wall. Anyone who's seeing faces and signature's on the wall is frankly fooling themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X