Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post

Could he even play a bass guitar?

I don't think so Scott since the first bass guitar was developed in 1930 by musician Paul Tutmarc of Seattle, Washington.

He could have played Bass saxophone though..

Speaking of which I recommend: Bass Saxophone

playin´ the beast

The Baron

Comment

When I saw the post title, I thought it was something to do with Cliff Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post

I would err on the side that he was probably single but this is a very good point. Sonia Sutcliffe, wife of the Yorkshire ripper certainly was in denial, constantly giving him alibi's , telling the police Peter wasn't the ripper and leave us alone, after at least one interview etc. Even after he admitted his offences she couldn't take it in properly.

Also i believe one of the three leading forensic psychologists in the country who the police use [ sorry her name escapes me ] , believes that the ripper was possibly married but his relationship was not the norm , similar to the Sutcliffe's with Sonia being diagnosed as being schizophrenic.

Could a break up of his marriage have sent Jack down his destructive path ? Especially if his wife had to prostitute herself ?

Regards Darryl
        Such an excellent post Darryl and precisely why I initiated this particular thread.

RD
        "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post

Such an excellent post Darryl and precisely why I initiated this particular thread.
          You guys should check out Murder Most Foul in Ripperologist 153 (part 1) and 154 (part 2). We look at this stuff and a whole lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post

RD
            Thank you RD

Comment

Originally posted by Darryl Kenyon View Post

I would err on the side that he was probably single but this is a very good point. Sonia Sutcliffe, wife of the Yorkshire ripper certainly was in denial, constantly giving him alibi's , telling the police Peter wasn't the ripper and leave us alone, after at least one interview etc. Even after he admitted his offences she couldn't take it in properly.

Also i believe one of the three leading forensic psychologists in the country who the police use [ sorry her name escapes me ] , believes that the ripper was possibly married but his relationship was not the norm , similar to the Sutcliffe's with Sonia being diagnosed as being schizophrenic.

Could a break up of his marriage have sent Jack down his destructive path ? Especially if his wife had to prostitute herself ?

Regards Darryl
              Of course Jack's wife might have been a prostitute before he met her.

Comment

No way of knowing but I guess I always thought maybe unmarried.
                " Still it is an error to argue in front of your data. You find yourself insensibly twisting them round to fit your theories."
                Sherlock Holmes
                ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Duran duren View Post
                  Welcome to Casebook. (A first post should always generate a response).
                  I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Perhaps married to a domineering wife and attacking unfortunates as a form of murder by proxy. I'm not suggesting that's how it was, just that it is a possible scenario.
                    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Duran duren View Post
                      Welcome to Casebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post

Welcome to Casebook. (A first post should always generate a response).
                        Thank you...
                        " Still it is an error to argue in front of your data. You find yourself insensibly twisting them round to fit your theories."
                        Sherlock Holmes
                        ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis C View Post

Welcome to Casebook!
                          Thank you...
                          Sherlock Holmes
                          ​​​​​

Comment

I gave always felt the Ripper was probably a Robert Napper type person. A loner who was seen as eccentric but harmless. The nature of the murders and the different times the murders were committed speaks to me of someone uninhibited by a partner who may be suspicious of his absences. But of course we will never know for sure. If I had to bet on it though I would suggest unmarried and living alone.

Comment

Working...
                            X